Loretto Mustangs have 3 defeats since Christmas!

jamieroper

What is wrong with Loretto, if anything? I have compared the Mustang team that I saw play over Christmas as one of the best HS Ladies teams I have ever seen play. Since then, they have lost 3 games, all to D12A schools. Is D12A just that good or is Loretto playing below their potential on some nights. And it gets no easier the next 2 weeks for them. They are on the road with Summertown, Collinwood, and LCHS.

Loretto already has 20 wins against only 4 defeats. They are undefeated in district and region play. And Cross was injuried for a while and probably appears to be 100% but when you have an ankle injury as she did, it will bother her the rest of the year. They have already had a successful season. However, with all that talent, anything short of the state finals would be a disappointment.

So will the Mustangs win state as I predicted? <_<

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem that Loretto has slacked off after Christmas but the teams they have lost to are no slouch. I wouldn,t be surprised to see one of those teams playing on Saturday at the Murphy Center

In my opinion the problem is not the players but the coach. SUMMERTOWN shot lay-ups all night because she doesn't want to go to a zone.That is just one game but alot of the games have went the same way.

If something isn't working you have to change it .

DON'T GET ON THE RADIO AND BLAME THE TEAM FOR EVERY LOST AND SAYING THEY CHOKED.

SOMEBODY CHOKED BUT IT WASN'T ALL ON THE PLAYERS

GOOD LUCK AGAINST SUMMERTOWN

It does seem that Loretto has slacked off after Christmas but the teams they have lost to are no slouch. I wouldn,t be surprised to see one of those teams playing on Saturday at the Murphy Center

In my opinion the problem is not the players but the coach. SUMMERTOWN shot lay-ups all night because she doesn't want to go to a zone.That is just one game but alot of the games have went the same way.

DON'T GET ON THE RADIO AND BLAME THE TEAM FOR EVERY LOST AND SAYING THEY CHOKED.

I am sorry but I must have missed something. Did someone get on the radio and blame the players? When I coached and we lost, it was because I did not have them prepared properly. Kids are going to make mistakes. However, it is my job as coach to put them in a position to allow them to succeed. If they don’t, it is my bad as the coach.

There is nothing that will make me lose respect for a coach quicker than for him or her to blame the players publicly for a loss. I hope that did not happen.

I only brought this subject up because the Loretto team I saw play at Christmas was one of the best I have every seen play. And now I keep reading about losses. Although they are against great teams.

Loretto has only 4 losses. Granted they all come to Class A teams out of District 12, but that does not mean they are a bad team or that they are sturggling. Instead, it shows the strength of District 12A. As far as last night's game against Perry County: Loretto didn't choke, Perry County outplayed them.

Edited by ptguard12

Loretto has only 4 losses. Granted they all come to Class A teams out of District 12, but that does not mean they are a bad team or that they are sturggling. Instead, it shows the strength of District 12A. As far as last night's game against Perry County: Loretto didn't choke, Perry County outplayed them.

I guess that is why I give all 4 D12A teams a chance at state, if they can get by each other. We get Wayne County in 8 days at Richland. What a joy for us. :rolleyes:

Jana and Leah are two of the best shooters in AA. They should be one of the best teams. I think the coach is a little too easy. She doesn't push them enough.

While I don't have a dog in this hunt, I would like to make an observation. Don't get too hung up on AA schools and A schools. After supporting a AAA team this year which played Loretto and some other AA teams, in many cases, those schools are on parity with each other. it just happens some have less students than others. When the school I support played Loretto and the Cross girls at Christmas, they were as good as any AAA team we had played and were only outdone, in my opinion, by DCA. Loretto is still good but like a number of teams, has played a lot of games this year. Playing a lot of games is good in some respects but in others, not. Could it be that a lot of teams need to get their second wind?

I thought that Jana was a one girl team until i saw Loretto play and I discovered there was a team there that jana was a big part of and I think she would say the same thing.

While I don't have a dog in this hunt, I would like to make an observation. Don't get too hung up on AA schools and A schools. After supporting a AAA team this year which played Loretto and some other AA teams, in many cases, those schools are on parity with each other. it just happens some have less students than others. When the school I support played Loretto and the Cross girls at Christmas, they were as good as any AAA team we had played and were only outdone, in my opinion, by DCA. Loretto is still good but like a number of teams, has played a lot of games this year. Playing a lot of games is good in some respects but in others, not. Could it be that a lot of teams need to get their second wind?

I thought that Jana was a one girl team until i saw Loretto play and I discovered there was a team there that jana was a big part of and I think she would say the same thing.

YOU THOUGHT THE LADY MUSTANGS HAD ONLY ONE PLAYER?

thye have lost 4 games this year and all were against good teams.every game they lost they were in it until the end. I think the coach has lost 3 of the 4 herself you can't play man D the whole game when the other team is shooting lay-ups all niteif she would have played zone she might would only have one lost

IF SHE PLAYS MAN ALL NITE TUESDAY THEY WILL HAVE A TOUGH TIME WINNING SUMMERTOWN IS TOO QUICK

GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS

Coach Green has NEVER got on a RADIO BROADCAST or even talked to someone in conversation and "blamed her team" for a loss!! That's a BOLD FACE LIE!! Team loses a couple ball games to TOP NOTCH teams and BALL FAN wants to go blaming and throwing off on the coach! If you think you can do better then go look hard enough and find yourself a coaching position and implement all the "good ideas" you have into your team. Heck, schedule a game against her and see if you can beat her! Come out from behind that "SECRETIVE SCREEN NAME" and be a MAN , OR a WOMAN and let it be known who you are! If you feel so strongly about these issues to the point that you get on a Public Forum and voice complaints and concerns and even second-guess the X's and O's of the game then you definitely need to let it be known who you are so when the next coaching position around this area comes up that you can be conisdered!! LOL!!!!! Don't blast a coach, which is in essence blasting the "team" as a whole and dragging everyone involved down and then have the nerve to wish the team GOOD LUCK @ the bottom of the post! You don't hope the team does well, and you don't wish them GOOD LUCK or you'd keep your NEGATIVITY off of public message boards!! The days of FAIRWEATHER FANS need to be over!! Come to the games and SUPPORT and be POSITIVE or stay home, and keep your mouth shut, and your fingers off the keyboard!!

NICK DAVIS