Reflections from Clarksville.

walkenvol

I don't know if you noticed, but the use of the aux gym actually made the crowd situation no worse than previous years, and I am sure that you are one of those that says it was too crowded before. I prefer to think of it a creating an opportunity to rub elbows with your fellow wrestling fans. It makes it exciting! An attempt was made to get the bags out of the stands but we still noticed people staking out space with coolers, coats etc. If all of that was out of the seats there was and has been enough space. :thumb:

Let me guess, you have a vested interest in maintaining status quo.

The place is too damm small. Feeble rhetoric suggesting otherwise is less credible than " pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are actually MARINES.

They might be offended if you call them army boys

just thought I would let you know.

my fault....those MARINE boys are at UTC during individuals......

move it move it. There in not enough seating. This event is to big for the gymn it is in.

Where else then would you suggest having state? I

Successes in assembling and administering tournaments such as our duals and our individuals are dependent on crucial components falling into place. And one area that aids tremendously in allowing a well-oiled tournament machine to function in a manner to which we've grown accustomed is a host administration that is wrestling friendly and wrestling knowledgeable/savvy. McClellan had a heads up from the beginning because there was a home wrestling team already using it, educating all concerned institutional personnel as to what wrestling was about. There was a friendly, in-place coach receptive to the site use. It is obvious that the AD(s) has/have continued to buy into the value of the event, possibly as a complementary extention to their own program and/or possibly for highly visible public relations reasons. At any rate, the UTC decision-makers bought into and gave support up front to the idea of allowing the use of campus facilities to host the tournament and the whole show appears to be functioning in fine fashion.

Much of the same kind of atmosphere appears to be in place at Clarksville High, which also enjoys the benefits of a wrestling-friendly, wrestling-savvy support system. The Duals also appear to be functioning in fine fachion (except for the much discussed bleacher situation).

The point: The current hosts of the two State Tournaments have wrestling-friendly administrations. They understand, therefore they oblige.

If a tournament moves to a wrestling-indifferent educational venue, it is moving into a big unknown. There are a host of things concerning a wrestling tournament about which the uninitiated do not have any frame of reference to rely on. Compare setting up a facility for a one-game-at-a-time State basketball tournament vs setting up a facility for either State Wrestling Tournament. Even if the current tournaments personnels moved, in toto, to a wrestling-indifferent venue, the unforeseen obstacles, the unintended obstacles created by wrestling tournament-clueless venue decision-makers, could become tremendous additional burdens for those working to pull it off.

Can a State be pulled off at a wrestling-indifferent venue? No doubt one of these days we will find out.

Come on deltawarr. Your points were valid, and I must say I agree with you. But come on! You're killing me with the heavy attempt to impress the rest of us with your use of the Queen's english. Not Necessary! Do you talk to people the way you write? If so, then you gotta be used to sitting alone. I'm trying to wake myself up here after laboring through your impressive indeed post.