Preseason Top 10 in Chattanooga Area....

Bledsoebtheboys

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Norma had some talent @ Ooltewah she would be a good coach. After Holly Thomas she has nothing.

You are forgetting one major player at Ooltewah...Kerilyn Mongar...She's the best to ever lace up a pair cleats well in some peoples opinions that is.

Ooltewah problems, problems, problems as usual. Rumor is talented Rice isn't even playing this year. Rumor or Fact???

It is a shame that the season hasn't started yet and people have already started bad mouthing someone. The topic was started so that people could rank their top ten picks. It was not started for players or coaches to be bashed. Ooltewah's coach does a great job. Softball is what she does. Coaches are credited when their teams win. However, it takes talent to do this. All of the coaches at these schools need good players to win ball games. These same coaches could take over programs at the lowest level softball schools and would still lose consistantly. It is all about talent, cohesiveness, feeder programs and parent support. Great coaches can help sorry teams overachieve and win a few games they normally wouldn't. However, those teams will not win the district or go to the state without a good combo of the things I mentioned.

I think that Bledsoe will challenge Hixson in their district. I think that Boyd will win theirs easy. Boyd will probably win that region. You can never count ER out though.

Soddy should battle Ooltewah in their district. Walker Valley, Cleveland or Cumberland could all be playing for their district. Soddy will probably beat Ooltewah for the Region.

GPS has some big hitters, however, they did lose their #1 pitcher.

It will be interesting to see how WV does. They lost two All-State players that accounted for 19 of their 32 Homeruns. Some younger players are going to have to step up. Their top Freshman is going to stick with basketball and not play softball. They played tough with the big schools last year. Their worst 2 losses were to Baylor and East Ridge. 10 of their 13 losses were to teams playing at last year's state tournament. Switching districts will not be their problem. Losing Bain and Richards will be.

Hixson was very good last year. East Ridge graduated some good players. Bledsoe will be good if everyone stays healthy. Soddy is always good. Ooltewah should be good as well.

Baylor and Notre Dame will be interesting. Shouldn't take Baylor long to get back in it.

These are just my opinions.

So you think that ooltewah's coach is good at what she does???? have you ever seen her coach? im just wondering and to make a coment that you have to have tallent do you not think that there is anyone on that team with tallent? cuz in my opinion and its just my opinion at the high school level that these girls are playing at your coach controls the mood of the game and when you have a coach that justg sits there and cant run a pratice what do you expect!!!???!!!!

If Norma had some talent @ Ooltewah she would be a good coach. After Holly Thomas she has nothing.

You are forgetting one major player at Ooltewah...Kerilyn Mongar...She's the best to ever lace up a pair cleats well in some peoples opinions that is.

Ooltewah problems, problems, problems as usual. Rumor is talented Rice isn't even playing this year. Rumor or Fact???

I think that it is funny that eveyone is all about Holly Thomas i mean do you guys know that softball is a team sport??? cuz last time i checked it was one pitcher isnt going to win the or loose the game i mean be for real guys!!!

I think that it is so funny that you guys are all about Holly Thomas i mean did you guys forget that softball is a team sport? one person doesnt win a game played by a team!!!!!

Edited by #1ricefan

So you think that ooltewah's coach is good at what she does???? have you ever seen her coach? im just wondering and to make a coment that you have to have tallent do you not think that there is anyone on that team with tallent? cuz in my opinion and its just my opinion at the high school level that these girls are playing at your coach controls the mood of the game and when you have a coach that justg sits there and cant run a pratice what do you expect!!!???!!!!

I picked Ooltewah at #2 because they have plenty of talent. Your daughter included. I defended Ooltewah. I mentioned talent as one recipe for success. Someone else said something about them not having talent. Get your facts straight before copying my quote and then questioning me on something someone else said. It was others on here such as yourself that showed no class by calling out high school kids on that team.

Coaches try to set a mood for the team but it is tough when parents like you destroy the cohesiveness of a team. Parental support is not helping out with fundraisers and tournaments and then dogging the coach behind their back or to their face. When the kids hear their parents complain about the coach, other players, or the other player's parents it becomes a cancer. Parents can be the biggest detriment to a team. Everyone wants to see their child play but as parents, we have to set examples for them by acting like the adults and not causing the problems. Any coach will tell you that the worst aspect of coaching is the parents. If they could have the kids and do their thing, unity and teamwork could be taught.

I could go on but next year the Owls will not have to deal with your nonsense. Your jealousy over the other two pitchers is sad and then you try to talk about team????????

Edited by wildukcats

I picked Ooltewah at #2 because they have plenty of talent. Your daughter included. I defended Ooltewah. I mentioned talent as one recipe for success. Someone else said something about them not having talent. Get your facts straight before copying my quote and then questioning me on something someone else said. It was others on here such as yourself that showed no class by calling out high school kids on that team.

Coaches try to set a mood for the team but it is tough when parents like you destroy the cohesiveness of a team. Parental support is not helping out with fundraisers and tournaments and then dogging the coach behind their back or to their face. When the kids hear their parents complain about the coach, other players, or the other player's parents it becomes a cancer. Parents can be the biggest detriment to a team. Everyone wants to see their child play but as parents, we have to set examples for them by acting like the adults and not causing the problems. Any coach will tell you that the worst aspect of coaching is the parents. If they could have the kids and do their thing, unity and teamwork could be taught.

I could go on but next year the Owls will not have to deal with your nonsense. Your jealousy over the other two pitchers is sad and then you try to talk about team????????

I do believe that if you dont know the facts...like who is who...you need to keep your mouth shut

I agree with you that Ooltewah has good talent this year, along with a lot of other teams. Everyone needs to mind their own business when it come to other teams if all they are going to do is bad mouth. Every player in the Ooltewah organization is hard working but lets face the facts, not all are equally talented. (And that's TALENTED #1Ricefan) I read the post saying that Rice is rumored to not play this year...who are all of you going to talk about then? All of the negativity seems to be pointed towards her and her mom, what is that about? I thought these post were to state opinions not down players, parents, and coaches.

Just one question: have you heard the Rice family bad mouth the coach yourself? I'm just asking because everyone seems to know this family and their business pretty well. If you haven't then you are like me, going off of hear say and not facts. So, lets please remember why these message boards were created. And sbfan1 if you were being sarcastic with that comment about the Mongar girl, that was uncalled for.

I think everyone in here has a serious jealousy problem with someone somewhere.

So, who do you think are the top 10 teams in Chattanooga? Isn't that what we are supposed to be talking about?

#1 Soddy Daisy

#2 Boyd

#3 East Ridge

#4 Hixson

#5 Baylor

#6 GPS

#7 Red Bank

#8 Walker Vally

#9 Notre Dame

#10 Bledsoe

ooltewah, well they are just ooltewah. they have norma.

Question Wilson25: Can you see the future? How do you know who is coming to Ooltewah, Soddy, Red Bank or any shcool at that matter,... in say 2-3 years? Why do you single out players as individual teams? Holly Thomas is a very good pitcher however, she isn't the entire team. That's like saying Waters is all Soddy needs. That makes no sense at all. Every team has strong points and weak points, Thomas is a strong point for Ooltewah as is Waters for Soddy. Remember that each team needs 9 players to complete it. Bonus players such as Thomas can help a team greatly but not make up for the other 8. Lets stop this garbage before it gets out of hand again.

If anyone knows: has Central found a coach yet?