Waynesboro

PHAT4

So what is the solution? The adminstration will make it work is not a solution and is simply passing the "Buck" and forcing someone else to handle the problem. While the teachers union would go crazy with the idea, I would be willing to put it in new teachers contracts that if they stop coaching they loose their teaching position. Schools only have X number of teaching positions and they need coaches, band leaders, debate instructors, etc... something has to be done to see that all teaching positions and after school activities have qualified people leading the students. While you may not want to hear it the day's of people simply teaching and going home are over. Teachers are going to be required in the future to be involved in after school functions.

I have seen this happen and I agree with it for the most part...if coaches resign from Coaching and dont leave the school it makes it really hard to have positions for coaches....when there is low turnover it can be both good and bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the truth. Rick Rice is the new coach. He had trouble finding a teaching job but will be the alternative school teacher. I talked to him personally. Good luck Rick and we are glad to have you back.

Glad to see coach Rice back at Waynesboro. He's a good coach and a better person.