A/AA picks for State

manU721

Kingston is not at the level of winning a state championship. They have not had that kind of talent in the last few years. They are a good team but not in the top 10 of the state. CAK probably has their deepest team since they won state in 2003. (the first one) They return all but 1 of their key players and pick up some very good freshman to increase this depth. This should serve them well since they face a strengthened A/AA bracket with Catholic and Notre Dame being added. There is always FRA and I am not sure how good CCS is but it was a Cinderella run last year for them to make it to the finals. Sheffield is about the only team I know about in west tennessee that I could see making a run for the title. Hume Fogg could also make some noise.

Sheffield is a great team and probably the 2nd best team in west tennessee in A/AA...now Dyersburg has been added from AAA and they return all starters except 1...All of these starters have been playing together for at least 7 years and they have a lot of individual talent, size, and amazing speed..I don't think their is a forward tandem faster than David Gruser and Zac Berry..They also return their all-state sweeper in Forrest Miles...You also can't forget the Brazilian wonder Fernando Costa who everyone has heard about on here by now; the only weakness that Dyersburg has is depth; if anyone gets injured they will have a hard time bouncing back...Dyersburg has a relatively easy schedule until Regionals; I don't know if they can go all the way to a Championship but they are very capable of making alot of noise during Spring Fling...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston is not at the level of winning a state championship. They have not had that kind of talent in the last few years. They are a good team but not in the top 10 of the state. CAK probably has their deepest team since they won state in 2003. (the first one) They return all but 1 of their key players and pick up some very good freshman to increase this depth. This should serve them well since they face a strengthened A/AA bracket with Catholic and Notre Dame being added. There is always FRA and I am not sure how good CCS is but it was a Cinderella run last year for them to make it to the finals. Sheffield is about the only team I know about in west tennessee that I could see making a run for the title. Hume Fogg could also make some noise.

Wait a minute how would you know how good Kingston is, are you on their team?

And if you were on the team you would know they had been in the top ten during last year and there better than they were last year all the younger players have grow and the team is more mature.

Edited by KHSoccer

Wait a minute how would you know how good Kingston is, are you on their team?

And if you were on the team you would know they had been in the top ten during last year and there better than they were last year all the younger players have grow and the team is more mature.

The only reason your talking good about them is because your on the team. Kingston is not capable of winning a state championship.

I am new to the Notre Dame team and this year they have a great chance at winning state. I think it will be CAK vs. ND in the finals, though I would love for it to be Catholic vs. ND.

An all-Irish A/AA final would be nice.

Hey BigG and all you old timers on the soccer board! I'm looking forward to the 2006 season.

As for CAK v. Knox Catholic, isn't Catholic supposed to win in the even years and CAK in the odd years? Maybe all of that is out the window now that we're in the same district. I can see 3 or maybe even 4 games between these neighbors this spring. It should be fun.

P.S. lcsoccer, on another topic I saw you post about, I agree with you that the top teams in the NCAA and the NAIA, regardless of division, are very similar. The Messiah team I saw in the DIII NCAA Tournament last fall was one of the three or four very best college teams I've ever seen. Kasigurian, their sophomore center mid, may be the most complete skill player I've ever seen in person. He turned down full rides to Indiana and Penn State to attend a small church-oriented school and he wasn't even Messiah's best player. Soccer has come a long way in the last 15 or 20 years.

An all-Irish A/AA final would be nice.

Hey BigG and all you old timers on the soccer board! I'm looking forward to the 2006 season.

As for CAK v. Knox Catholic, isn't Catholic supposed to win in the even years and CAK in the odd years? Maybe all of that is out the window now that we're in the same district. I can see 3 or maybe even 4 games between these neighbors this spring. It should be fun.

Yeah, it puts a whole new spin on our rivalry! I thought we worked it out that since you were the new guy in Division 1 that you would forfeit all district games as a peace offering. Ha! Don't we wish! I really look forward to playing you all! Sounds like you have some big scrimmages, like we do. If you could post your scrimmage schedule, I would love to get over and see a few. Here's ours. Feel free to stop by and say hello. We give senior discounts!

CAK vs. Seymore Thurs. Feb 23 7:00 at CAK

CAK vs. Farragut Tues Feb. 28 at 4:30 at Farragut

CAK vs. Alcoa Thursday March 2 at 7:00 at CAK

CAK vs. West Tuesday March 7 at 7:00 at CAK

CAK vs. Bearden Friday March 10 at 7:00 at CAK

Catholic Scrimmages:

@ Bearden 2/22 @ 6

@ Farragut 2/24 @ 4:30

V. LC 2/28 @ 6

KIL Jamboreed 3/4

V. Farragut 3/7 @ 4:30

V. Science Hill @ 5:30

Wow, that is a tough preseason! Farragut twice? Anyways, I'd like to try to make it to some of these games because they are going to be very good.