A/AA picks for State

manU721

Guest Number8

Wow everyone is sure makin this season look very exciting and full of suprises. I really don't have much clue about many teams, but i heard a lot about CAK. it sounds like Cath knox is a very strong team. I know we play Cath knox in our second Scrimmage game on march 9th, and i hope that Science Hill will start building respect from that game on. i m not really concerned about our first scrimmage (Elizabethon), because i think that should be a warm up game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I should be doing Spanish, but this seems like a fun topic. Since Lenoir City has left A/AA, my concern this year has turned to AAA. However, I still love BigG and his Warriors. I have to say CAK and Catholic will battle it out. Losing Brandon hurts, but they have Bennett Giles who could be one of the top A/AA players in TN. Anyways, good luck to G and all the teams. Should be a good year.

P.S. If you talk to Mr. Tarr tell him I said hi and to Bennett I say I am glad I am not playing against you anymore!

I thought Bennett is going to be your team mate next season... did you change schools?

I think that A/AA might be the most difficult to predict this year. There are a handful of teams that have the talent to win it all, but I think it will come down to who is playing the best at the end of the year, especcially tourny time.

CCS Notre Dame and CSAS should be tough out of Chattanooga area. CAK Catholic and LC out of the Knoxville area will also be tough to beat. I'm sure West TN has some teams that I don't know about, but those 6 teams could all be top ten. I'm gunna say that the State champ will either come out of Knox or Chatty. Not because I'm biased to this part of the state, but because I think it will be tough for any team from the West to beat TWO teams from the East on the road to the championship. FRA might prove me wrong, but I'm not sure if they can do it.

I think that A/AA might be the most difficult to predict this year. There are a handful of teams that have the talent to win it all, but I think it will come down to who is playing the best at the end of the year, especcially tourny time.

CCS Notre Dame and CSAS should be tough out of Chattanooga area. CAK Catholic and LC out of the Knoxville area will also be tough to beat. I'm sure West TN has some teams that I don't know about, but those 6 teams could all be top ten. I'm gunna say that the State champ will either come out of Knox or Chatty. Not because I'm biased to this part of the state, but because I think it will be tough for any team from the West to beat TWO teams from the East on the road to the championship. FRA might prove me wrong, but I'm not sure if they can do it.

Actually, Lenoir City has moved up to AAA.

Well then, they should come out of the list. haha

Anyone else out of Knox. in A/AA that could be a big threat?

Loudon had 2 awesome forwards last season, but I think at least one of them graduated. I am not really sure about the strength of the other teams, but you never know. Kingston has made some noise in the past, and it wouldn't suprise me for them to have a lot of talent. Seymore gave us a scare last season in districts, but I think they graduated their strongest players. Our district is definitely not easy. We do not want to take any of them for granted. While we have had good results in the past, that does not dictate good results in the present.

Good luck to Grace. I am very excited about the improvement of talent in the A/AA division. The teams we played at state were of such a high quality. I like playing the best... it only makes you better. We tend not to get a whole lot of respect from Division 2 or AAA. Having Catholic and Notre Dame will add a lot of validity to the talent in A/AA.

Here is a "did you know" type fact for A-AA competition:

A-AA was created for soccer in 1996. Notre Dame competed in A-AA in 96' and 97' before moving to DII. During those seasons, ND was undefeated against A-AA opponents and won two state championships before moving to DII (where they reached the state semis in 98' but have not returned to state since).

In addition, ND knocked off Knox Catholic (the other A-AA addition) in the semifinals on their way to both A-AA titles.

ND is undefeated all-time in A-AA competition. That record may have stood forever, but it will now be put to test this year. It should be an exciting season.

Yall could be overlookin sum teams from the Nashville area, like FRA or Hume Fogg, FRA alwayz has a strong team, and has one of the best coaches in the area. Look out for them flyin under the Radar. they lost alot of people, but also have about 6 returners who got alot of time last year, and about 5 or 6 others who have been starting for 3 years now. they also got some new players.

Yall could be overlookin sum teams from the Nashville area, like FRA or Hume Fogg, FRA alwayz has a strong team, and has one of the best coaches in the area. Look out for them flyin under the Radar. they lost alot of people, but also have about 6 returners who got alot of time last year, and about 5 or 6 others who have been starting for 3 years now. they also got some new players.

You better believe no one is overlooking FRA, go check earlier posts. FRA was one of the first teams mentioned.