manU721

Catholic Scrimmages:

@ Bearden 2/22 @ 6

@ Farragut 2/24 @ 4:30

V. LC 2/28 @ 6

KIL Jamboreed 3/4

V. Farragut 3/7 @ 4:30

V. Science Hill @ 5:30

Yeah I was going to say the same...tough preseason schedule...thats good though...I will defiantly be there watching Catholic play Bearden tomorrow...it will be good to see what both of those teams have....Catholic is in our district now and i think we scrimmage Bearden next week.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was going to say the same...tough preseason schedule...thats good though...I will defiantly be there watching Catholic play Bearden tomorrow...it will be good to see what both of those teams have....Catholic is in our district now and i think we scrimmage Bearden next week.

Yeah, it's pretty tough but we should be prepared come March and beyond. We're not so much interested in results, just getting better. Remember, the Indianapolis Colts went something like 1-5 in the preseason before winning 13 straight.

Yeah, it's pretty tough but we should be prepared come March and beyond. We're not so much interested in results, just getting better. Remember, the Indianapolis Colts went something like 1-5 in the preseason before winning 13 straight.

I agree with you totally. Scrimmages are used for getting better, not for win or loss ratio. Too many teams look at the outcomes of scrimmages, and make their opinions based on those results. Sure, you don't want to lose 10-0, but I want to play some of the best pre-season to get ready for the best in the real season.

What matters is not winning early, but winning late.

The Catholic-Bearden scrimmage has been postponed. I'm hearing that it'll be played on Monday, but I'm not positive.

Notre Dame from Chatt-town is the best team in the state. They have mad man Ben Doughtery and Chris Rado in the middle. Up front they have the main man from Johannesburg, South Africa, Donnie Everrett. This kid was out several key games last season with some injuries and on some academic trips but is a force to be reckoned with. He will score at least 15 goals this season. Notre Dame has a good chance of winning state with the team that they are bringing to their games. IF they click together in the post-season, they might have to make room for a state championship banner in their gymnasium.

Without a doubt Knoc Catholic and CAK have chances if they bring the quality that both posess but look out because these will be key match-ups. Hope to see all the teams battle it out on the pitch.

Sheffield is a great team and probably the 2nd best team in west tennessee in A/AA...now Dyersburg has been added from AAA and they return all starters except 1...All of these starters have been playing together for at least 7 years and they have a lot of individual talent, size, and amazing speed..I don't think their is a forward tandem faster than David Gruser and Zac Berry..They also return their all-state sweeper in Forrest Miles...You also can't forget the Brazilian wonder Fernando Costa who everyone has heard about on here by now; the only weakness that Dyersburg has is depth; if anyone gets injured they will have a hard time bouncing back...Dyersburg has a relatively easy schedule until Regionals; I don't know if they can go all the way to a Championship but they are very capable of making alot of noise during Spring Fling...

Sheffield is terrible come on, yeah if you make the tournament you should be good, but not all teams that make it are good, the only legitimate teams from last year were CAK, CCS, and FRA

• 2 weeks later...