TSSAA DROPS THE BALL ?

FIG4

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DID NOT SEE THE GREENEVILLE VS SPRINGFIELD MATCH AT CLARKSVILLE. I WILL GIVE YOU A SHORT VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED. IN THE 152LB MATCH GREENEVILLE WAS WINNING 9-1 (MAY NOT BE RIGHT, BUT CLOSE) GREENEVILLE IS ON BOTTOM AND THE SPRINGFIELD WRESTLER CROSSFACED AND WAS RAISING THE HEAD. NOT A UNCOMMON MOVE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT. BUT HIS FOREARM LANDEND ON GREENEVILLE WRESTLER MOUTH. AS HE LIFTED THE HEAD HE GOT UPPER TEETH MARKS ON HIS FORE ARM.

A MOTHER FROM THE STANDS ALMOST COMES ON THE MAT SCREAMING HE IS BITTING. THE REF STOPS THE MATCH LOOKS AT THE ARM OF THE OTHER WRESTLER AND TOSS'S GREENEVILLE 152. THIS IS BAD AND WHAT HAPPENED THE REST OF THE DAY AFTER THAT DOES NOT MATTER.

WHAT DOES MATTER IS THAT TSSAA HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW A TAPE OF THE MATCH, THEY RECIEVED CALLS FROM SPRINGFIELD OFFICALS SAYING THEY WERE NOT BITTEN. I BET IF THEY ASK THE OTHER OFFICAL HE MIGHT EVEN COUNTER THE CALL REF'S DECISION.

BUT THEY CHOSE TO TAKE THE STANCE OF BACKING THERE OFFICAL. EVEN IF THE CALL IS QUESTIONABLE. EVEN IF IT MEANS A SENIOR WHO WAS WINNING THE MATCH AND HAD NO REASON TO TAKE A SHORT CUT. (MY GOODNESS HE WAS IN DOWN POSTION , IT WAS NOT LIKE HE WAS IN DANGER OF BEING PINNED) SEASON IS ENDED, WITH NO CHANCE TO QUALIFY FOR STATE, HE IS RANKED #1 IN REGION 1.

IS THIS FAIR? IS TSSAA JOB NOT TO HOLD UP OUR YOUNG PEOPLE AND STRENGTHEN THEM. SHOW THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG.AND THAT YOU CAN MAKE A MISTAKE AND CORRECT IT.

I BET IF YOU ASK THE 152 FROM SPRINGFIELD HE WILL TELL YOU THAT HE WAS NOT BITTEN.

UNFORTUNATELY FRIDAY NIGHT IS THE QUALIFER FOR REGION ONE INV STATE. IF IT IS NOT REVERSED BY THEN IT WILL NOT MATTER.

AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING IF I AM CHRIS BOWMANS FATHER? NO I AM NOT, I AM NOT RELATED. I AM A GREENEVILLE FAN . BUT MOST OF ALL I AM A FAN OF WRESTLING AND HAVE SEEN THE MORAL CARACTER IT DEVELOPS IN THESE YOUNG MEN OVER THE YEARS. I THINK ALL THAT IS DEFEATED WHEN PEOPLE IN CHARGE CAN NOT SAY WE MADE A MISTAKE, LET US CORRECT IT. OFFICALS ARE GROWN MEN WHO GET PAID TO DO A JOB. EVEN THE NFL REVIEWS FILMS AND CORRECTS MISTAKES. WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND MAKE MISTAKES.

PLEASE DONT LET A GOOD WRESTLER, A GOOD PERSON'S CAREER END THIS WAY.

Edited by FIG4

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DID NOT SEE THE GREENEVILLE VS SPRINGFIELD MATCH AT CLARKSVILLE. I WILL GIVE YOU A SHORT VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED. IN THE 152LB MATCH GREENEVILLE WAS WINNING 9-1 (MAY NOT BE RIGHT, BUT CLOSE) GREENEVILLE IS ON BOTTOM AND THE CLARKSVILLE WRESTLER CROSSFACED AND WAS RAISING THE HEAD. NOT A UNCOMMON MOVE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT. BUT HIS FOREARM LANDEND ON GREENEVILLE WRESTLER MOUTH. AS HE LIFTED THE HEAD HE GOT UPPER TEETH MARKS ON HIS FORE ARM.

A MOTHER FROM THE STANDS ALMOST COMES ON THE MAT SCREAMING HE IS BITTING. THE REF STOPS THE MATCH LOOKS AT THE ARM OF THE OTHER WRESTLER AND TOSS'S GREENEVILLE 152. THIS IS BAD AND WHAT HAPPENED THE REST OF THE DAY AFTER THAT DOES NOT MATTER.

WHAT DOES MATTER IS THAT TSSAA HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW A TAPE OF THE MATCH, THEY RECIEVED CALLS FROM SPRINGFIELD OFFICALS SAYING THEY WERE NOT BITTEN. I BET IF THEY ASK THE OTHER OFFICAL HE MIGHT EVEN COUNTER THE CALL REF'S DECISION.

BUT THEY CHOSE TO TAKE THE STANCE OF BACKING THERE OFFICAL. EVEN IF THE CALL IS QUESTIONABLE. EVEN IF IT MEANS A SENIOR WHO WAS WINNING THE MATCH AND HAD NO REASON TO TAKE A SHORT CUT. (MY GOODNESS HE WAS IN DOWN POSTION , IT WAS NOT LIKE HE WAS IN DANGER OF BEING PINNED) SEASON IS ENDED, WITH NO CHANCE TO QUALIFY FOR STATE, HE IS RANKED #1 IN REGION 1.

IS THIS FAIR? IS TSSAA JOB NOT TO HOLD UP OUR YOUNG PEOPLE AND STRENGTHEN THEM. SHOW THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG.AND THAT YOU CAN MAKE A MISTAKE AND CORRECT IT.

I BET IF YOU ASK THE 152 FROM SPRINGFIELD HE WILL TELL YOU THAT HE WAS NOT BITTEN.

UNFORTUNATELY FRIDAY NIGHT IS THE QUALIFER FOR REGION ONE INV STATE. IF IT IS NOT REVERSED BY THEN IT WILL NOT MATTER.

AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING IF I AM CHRIS BOWMANS FATHER? NO I AM NOT, I AM NOT RELATED. I AM A GREENEVILLE FAN . BUT MOST OF ALL I AM A FAN OF WRESTLING AND HAVE SEEN THE MORAL CARACTER IT DEVELOPS IN THESE YOUNG MEN OVER THE YEARS. I THINK ALL THAT IS DEFEATED WHEN PEOPLE IN CHARGE CAN NOT SAY WE MADE A MISTAKE, LET US CORRECT IT. OFFICALS ARE GROWN MEN WHO GET PAID TO DO A JOB. EVEN THE NFL REVIEWS FILMS AND CORRECTS MISTAKES. WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND MAKE MISTAKES.

PLEASE DONT LET A GOOD WRESTLER, A GOOD PERSON'S CAREER END THIS WAY.

Did the wrestler indicate he was bitten, or did the ref take the mohers word. I hate it for the young man, that is something that I would doubt any wrestler of his caliber would do. I have been bitten once by a Fulton kid and when it is intentional, it is obvious. I had purple blue and red marks with 4 sets of teeth imprints. refs should be able tot ell the difference. I was not there but it sounds like a tough situation. I do not know if TSSAA overturns those things or not. Keep us posted.

Edited by mcwrestler

Did the wrestler indicate he was bitten, or did the ref take the mohers word. I hat eit for the young man, that is soemthing that I would doubt any wrestler of his caliber would do. I have been bitten once by a Fulton kid and when it is intentional, it is obvious. I had purple blue and red marks with 4 sets of teeth imprints. refs should be able tot ell the difference. I was not there but it sounds like a tough situation. I do not know if TSSAA overturns those things or not. Keep us posted.

The kid did get bit. I spoke with the trainer that saw the teeth marks. A person in the stands said they saw it happen. Not saying it wasn't accidental, but it did happen.

School can appeal it I believe and if they have evidence that indicates no one was bitten, they should be able to get it overturned. Of course they should have done this early in the week and not as the region tourney seeding is taking place since the kid won't be able to participate.

The kid did get bit. I spoke with the trainer that saw the teeth marks. A person in the stands said they saw it happen. Not saying it wasn't accidental, but it did happen.

School can appeal it I believe and if they have evidence that indicates no one was bitten, they should be able to get it overturned. Of course they should have done this early in the week and not as the region tourney seeding is taking place since the kid won't be able to participate.

If you were bitten by a Fulton kid you probably deserved it

The Tssaa is a self serving organization. They will never over turn a refs call. They could have proof beyond a shadow of a dout and will stand by the offical. They are about money and money only. They do not have the interest of kids, coaches, schools at heart. They have the Tssaa interest at heart. We all wish Bowman Luck in his quest. He seems to be a young man who would not intentionally have done what he is accused of.

If you were bitten by a Fulton kid you probably deserved it

This was 3 years ago and the guy who did it I assume is gone. He was told to come apologize to me then he had an attitude about it. I have the video, I took him down, he got up, took him down and turned him with a crossface and he started biting at the end of the 1st. It was first match of regions, the 112 lb class, a few years ago, and I in no way blame the current team for his actions. I wrestled for Alcoa and I had previously beat him and was beating him when the incident occured. I have always been a clean wrestler and no one deserves to be bit. Please don't insult me by saying I deserved it. I was just stating an incident that happened saying that intentional is obvious.

Edited by mcwrestler

A few problems with what you state. First off the Springfield Coach came over to Greeneville's coach after the match and said he had talked to his wrestler and that he did not get bit. Next, a person in the stands may have thought they seen it happen but myself(sitting about twenty ft. away) and many others saw what actually did and didn't happen. Chris did not bite his opponet. The kid gave a hard crossface on the mouth area(nothing wrong with that) and that left the mark on his arm. If not for the irate parent just about running on to the mat I do not think the ref would have called anything. To the point, we could argue all night long about the details but the bottom line is a very questionable call by an official has taken away a young man last chance to compete (as he is a senior.) The TSSAA could have taken several avenues but chose the easiest of all ...NOTHING!!!!! From my days of competing to this very day one thing has not changed the TSSAA is not about whats right for the kids but what is the easiest way for them. For everyone reading this, imagine your son being put in this situation. How would you react? No, I am not Chris' dad. Just a very angry fan!!!

I know the ref in question and feel he is a good one, he would never do anything to harm a kid in anyway. On the otherside my father was sitting at the score's table as an extra per of eyes for the score keepers, he saw the "bite". He saw only top teeth marks and said the kid threw a crossface while the Greenville kid's mouth was open. He did not feel it was a bite.

I know the ref in question and feel he is a good one, he would never do anything to harm a kid in anyway. On the otherside my father was sitting at the score's table as an extra per of eyes for the score keepers, he saw the "bite". He saw only top teeth marks and said the kid threw a crossface while the Greenville kid's mouth was open. He did not feel it was a bite.

For marks to be left intentionally the lower set would be left as CHS said, an accidental one does leave only top teeth marks. It happens in practice alot, one little guy tries to take of someones head and next I am hearing he bit me, he bit me. I just tell them if he bit you there would be a lower and upper set of marks. It is a sad situation and sounds like a horrible call.