Student Section Chants

footballfan9926

At least ya'll weren't chanting, "Find a rope, find a tree, let's go hang the referee!"

Chanting against the ref is stupid. All it does is make them mad at your school. Chanting against the other team is good though. Who cares if it makes them mad? As long as you aren't chanting anything offensive or rude, let it fly.

That's why Grace should chant, "Boarding School" Friday night.

i understand comepletely our principals took the nuts and bolts one away from our school but we still have good ones but learn to get in there heads during timeouts and yell so they cant here we did this against harpeth and they had to move on the court away from us but i think the principals should let us have some fun

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand comepletely our principals took the nuts and bolts one away from our school but we still have good ones but learn to get in there heads during timeouts and yell so they cant here we did this against harpeth and they had to move on the court away from us but i think the principals should let us have some fun

I don't attend alot of games, but the student section at Loudon High School is awesome. They paint theirselves and stand and yell the entire game. The support they give their team is incredible. The players play hard and respect them for their team spirit. I have seen them wear helmets and even look like super heroes. The spider-man guy a few weeks ago was cool. I think it is alot of the football players supporting the basketball team team in return from football season. Great job guys!! Go REDSKINS!!

Is it possible that a broad range of schools are actually agreeing on something?

Well i wont break the trend, Clintons student section has been catchin it all season. Football wasnt That bad...but Basketball has been horrible. Nuts and Bolts...nope..cut out right from the start. Cant yell S*ucks as the other teams players are being announced..and we've done that for years now. E-A-T O-N-E, Eat One Eat One Referee!! that usually lands us with a visit from our SRO threating to throw us out...and a new development...while playing tuesday..after chanting 3 Blind Mice we were told to get off the refs... Now i can understand good and well...restricting our ability to curse, and shoot for racial slurs and whatnot...but since when did highschool basketball become so politically charged that the main concern was placed on how the oppositions fans, and administration precieved ones school...and not supporting your own team?...

UIntoldinformer says it best

!!! Nuts and Bolts Nuts and Bolt... We're ..Getting...Screwed!!!

Edited by CrunkMasterGeneral

Is it possible that a broad range of schools are actually agreeing on something?

Well i wont break the trend, Clintons student section has been catchin it all season. Football wasnt That bad...but Basketball has been horrible. Nuts and Bolts...nope..cut out right from the start. Cant yell S*ucks as the other teams players are being announced..and we've done that for years now. E-A-T O-N-E, Eat One Eat One Referee!! that usually lands us with a visit from our SRO threating to throw us out...and a new development...while playing tuesday..after chanting 3 Blind Mice we were told to get off the refs... Now i can understand good and well...restricting our ability to curse, and shoot for racial slurs and whatnot...but since when did highschool basketball become so politically charged that the main concern was placed on how the oppositions fans, and administration precieved ones school...and not supporting your own team?...

UIntoldinformer says it best

!!! Nuts and Bolts Nuts and Bolt... We're ..Getting...Screwed!!!

Yeah its true. The administrators at Clinton are just trying to eliminate the student sections chants. Its not like we are cussin or make racial slurs like you said but when we do chant things and Davis doesn't like it we get in trouble it is just so stupid putting limits on what we can chant or what we cant.

We had this problem when I was a senior, we had an amazing student section that year and we were rowdy. Just harmless fun, and one day the principal and Athletic Director came over and actually tole us that we were to loud!! Can you believe that?! He said that with about 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter and our team was up by 3. So we all sat down and didn't say a word the rest of the night, then all of a sudden with 2 minutes left we were losing by 10!!!! I would say that had a little bit of an affect on the game. Then with about 1:30 left we all stood up and single file walked out the door where the principal was sitting behind a table and we all piled up our megaphones on his table as we walked out.....he just sat there silent......They didn't say a word to us the rest of the year!!!

I LOVE a good student section.They are a very important part of a game in my opinion.We havent got in trouble for any chants yet though,or at least i think that we havent.But our student section is a very "unique" one.For example,everytime someone walks by our student section they scream "HEY!!!" and if we know that we have a game won they will sometimes say "Start The Bus..Start The Bus!!" I think you should try to get your School Board to let you guys chant whatever you want as long as it isnt racial,offensive,or etc.GOOD LUCK!

The administration at the school that i attend has placed restrictions on the chants that our student section does. The people who go to my school will know which school i am referring to. We are no longer allowed to say "Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed" after the refs make a bad call, and also now, after we've been doing it all season, last night we find out we cannot do "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref" anymore because apparently its degrading (WHAT?!). this is ridiculous. come on, its called having fun and having a little bit of school spirit, which i guess we arent allowed to have any of that either. it doesnt matter what the student section is chanting, a good ref will not even listen to it, so who cares what we chant? we arent saying curse words, so there, in essence, is no problem. but however, for the rest of the season, we cannot have any more fun, apparently.

You talkin bout Union City?

I can understand the no using "Vacuum Cleaner action word" decision since TSSAA has made that a "bad word". A couple refs have told us that telling a ref he does that is enough to get you tossed out of the gym and I have seen just that a couple times this year. I guess all the adults want their kids to be smart as a Duke student but not as rowdy as a "Dukie". How about that. Even Coach T won't let me use the vacuum action word now!

We had this problem when I was a senior, we had an amazing student section that year and we were rowdy. Just harmless fun, and one day the principal and Athletic Director came over and actually tole us that we were to loud!! Can you believe that?! He said that with about 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter and our team was up by 3. So we all sat down and didn't say a word the rest of the night, then all of a sudden with 2 minutes left we were losing by 10!!!! I would say that had a little bit of an affect on the game. Then with about 1:30 left we all stood up and single file walked out the door where the principal was sitting behind a table and we all piled up our megaphones on his table as we walked out.....he just sat there silent......They didn't say a word to us the rest of the year!!!

that's awesome, our administrator got on to us one night and we just sat down and we were silent for a good while. we didnt leave the gym but we werent cheering. however, after a while we got up cuz we were tired of just sittin there. we didnt cheer as loud though. we have awesome cheers but its just a shame we cant use em

At Adamsville they discourage us from saying stink but it nevers stops anyone and the adminstration isnt about to do anything about it because the student section is the life of the game. We motivate the players, if there was no student sections the games would be boring and attendance would go down. The student section is a reason for students to go the game. It jus makes the game a whole lot funner to scream at the opposing students. Especially when you have a rivarly against another school like we do with McNairy Central.

Edited by Cardinalcrazie

I can understand the no using "Vacuum Cleaner action word" decision since TSSAA has made that a "bad word". A couple refs have told us that telling a ref he does that is enough to get you tossed out of the gym and I have seen just that a couple times this year. I guess all the adults want their kids to be smart as a Duke student but not as rowdy as a "Dukie". How about that. Even Coach T won't let me use the vacuum action word now!

Adamsville was playing at Scotts Hill a few weeks ago and the refs were absolutely terrible... At the end of the half as the refs walked across the court I screamed at one of the refs. He looked like Mario (from the Mario brothers) so that was what we had been calling him. I yelled to get his attention and told him, "Hey Mario!!!.. your new name is HOOVER because you S U C K !!!!" anyway he didn't seem to like that too much, and he told the principle at SHHS. I didn't get thrown out, but he did start calling the game fair...

our student section stinks this year which isnt too fun being that it is my senior year, freshmen year our section was huge and loud. so this year i just give the refs some 'personal' opinion. i just tell him he f***ing stinks. skip all the silly little chants. just cuss them out. havent been thrown out yet, dang it.

wow didnt notice till just now that the board edits your message if it uses the vacuum word. talk about some stupid politically correct piece of crap.