Big win for Sullivan Central over Twin Springs

the authority

What a win, it came down to 0.9 seconds and under pressure Buchanan wins another one. The whole night Twin Springs threw elbows, pushed, and fouled and nothing got called, but in the end the Cougars pulled out the win. The Cougars weren't shooting exceptionally well from outside tonight, they did not do bad, but the main part of the scoring came from inside. With a 12 point lead at half time they were looking good, but Twin Springs came back in the second half with a ton of shots that were destined to go in. But the Cougar defense prevailed. The attack inside was led by McCoy and Buchanan. Hess and Weatherford weren't shooting very well tonight from the 3-point line, but they did make some very key shots. Overall the Cougars played a very good game all around. I think a copy of the game should definately be sent to the TSSAA, because the refs were horrible. our players got beat up the whole game and very few calls were made. I have no respect for the Twin Springs coach, anyone who lets his players play in the manner they did tonight does not deserve to coach. It happened all game and nothing was done about it. Vaughn made some subs tonight i wasn't too sure about, but in the end we got the win. Way to go Cougars, you all played a very good homecoming game, and to the Seniors, congratulations for playing a very good last home game of the season. Good Luck, I know you guys can go far. :thumb:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off i didnt understand why the crowd rushed the court and celebrated like they had one another sub state game, they beat a small single A team from south west virginia not much of a big game besides senior night and homecomeing.You cant say that central was not throwing any elbos or anything. Gabe and Hess threw their share of them aswell. For the .9 second that was left was the longest .9 ive ever seen Gabe caught the ball and dribbled twice and the play before that when one of the twin springs players was on the floor McCoy and Dinkle both jumped on his back and shouldnt that be a foul. But all in all it was a good ball game and congrats to the central seniors on winning their last home game of their careers.

1st off i didnt understand why the crowd rushed the court and celebrated like they had one another sub state game, they beat a small single A team from south west virginia not much of a big game besides senior night and homecomeing.You cant say that central was not throwing any elbos or anything. Gabe and Hess threw their share of them aswell. For the .9 second that was left was the longest .9 ive ever seen Gabe caught the ball and dribbled twice and the play before that when one of the twin springs players was on the floor McCoy and Dinkle both jumped on his back and shouldnt that be a foul. But all in all it was a good ball game and congrats to the central seniors on winning their last home game of their careers.

Buchanan did not throw too many elbows, he needed to do something because he was getitng beat up all night. It was a big win for the team, for one it was homecoming and senior night, secondly they had beat us 3 times straight. So don't take anything away from the game because it is a big boost for the guys going into tournament time. Also nothing should be taken away from Buchanan's shot, it was an incredible shot. If all goes good we will have another sub-state game at home. but Buchanan got the ball and shot, the clock started running as soon as the ball was in. Hess did also do his fair share of pushing, but nothing like the Twin Springs players. I didn't see any of our guys throwing players to the floor like the Twin Springs players did. and let the fans rush the floor, it was an incredible finish to a homecoming game and senior night. The Cougars deserved the win.

first off let me set you straight!!!!! Twin springs had beaten Central 3 straight times. That so called little single A school has made 2 straight trips to the final four in the state of Virginia. Second of all Gabe never dribbled the ball he caught and shot it.....Don't know what your talkin about the play before that they throwed the ball out of bounds were you even at the game???Don't act like your a Central fan when really your just a Hater...I think you are one of the so called fans that come and watch the games but deep down want them to lose. I hate to hear anybody talkin crap about Central. They are having a good year and a GREAT year from what so called fans thought after moving to AAA and I bet you were one of those doubters.

first off let me set you straight!!!!! Twin springs had beaten Central 3 straight times. That so called little single A school has made 2 straight trips to the final four in the state of Virginia. Second of all Gabe never dribbled the ball he caught and shot it.....Don't know what your talkin about the play before that they throwed the ball out of bounds were you even at the game???Don't act like your a Central fan when really your just a Hater...I think you are one of the so called fans that come and watch the games but deep down want them to lose. I hate to hear anybody talkin crap about Central. They are having a good year and a GREAT year from what so called fans thought after moving to AAA and I bet you were one of those doubters.

bballfan im glad someone on here finally knows what they are talking about. the guy who posted the first reply must have been a Twin Springs Fan. Buchanan's shot was a catch and shoot situation. it was a one in a million shot and there is no one else i would have rather seen shoot it. He is one of the coolest players under pressure that i have ever seen, he has shown that time after time throughout his basketball career. Good luck Cougars against Volunteer and North, and wear everyone out in the tourney.

Guest dare_2_dream

What a win, it came down to 0.9 seconds and under pressure Buchanan wins another one. The whole night Twin Springs threw elbows, pushed, and fouled and nothing got called, but in the end the Cougars pulled out the win. The Cougars weren't shooting exceptionally well from outside tonight, they did not do bad, but the main part of the scoring came from inside. With a 12 point lead at half time they were looking good, but Twin Springs came back in the second half with a ton of shots that were destined to go in. But the Cougar defense prevailed. The attack inside was led by McCoy and Buchanan. Hess and Weatherford weren't shooting very well tonight from the 3-point line, but they did make some very key shots. Overall the Cougars played a very good game all around. I think a copy of the game should definately be sent to the TSSAA, because the refs were horrible. our players got beat up the whole game and very few calls were made. I have no respect for the Twin Springs coach, anyone who lets his players play in the manner they did tonight does not deserve to coach. It happened all game and nothing was done about it. Vaughn made some subs tonight i wasn't too sure about, but in the end we got the win. Way to go Cougars, you all played a very good homecoming game, and to the Seniors, congratulations for playing a very good last home game of the season. Good Luck, I know you guys can go far. :ph34r:

sounds like a heck of a game. i wish i could i have made it.

Are you even a Central fan? All your posts regarding Central lately have been so negative and not even half true. You say you are a Central fan and used to play for Central, well shouldn't ya stop being so negative toward your former team?

Are you even a Central fan? All your posts regarding Central lately have been so negative and not even half true. You say you are a Central fan and used to play for Central, well shouldn't ya stop being so negative toward your former team?

i agree smyers, he gets on the Cougars alot for a so called Central fan. and i also agree with what hessforprez said a few lines up, this was not the same Twin Springs team that Tn High played. Central played a very good game against them and showed why they deserved to win. Buchanan's buzzer beater was awesome and it was a great inbounds pass from Dinkle. Way to go Cougars. Stick it to North and tear up the Tourney.

i agree smyers, he gets on the Cougars alot for a so called Central fan. and i also agree with what hessforprez said a few lines up, this was not the same Twin Springs team that Tn High played. Central played a very good game against them and showed why they deserved to win. Buchanan's buzzer beater was awesome and it was a great inbounds pass from Dinkle. Way to go Cougars. Stick it to North and tear up the Tourney.

you do the same thing.... you need to look at all your posts!!!!!