Unaka Softball

districtted

Everyone needs to stop worrying about the whole Cyclone-Unaka thing. It's honestly not a big deal who beats who at a scrimage that's at the beginning of the year when the girls need to get used to playing and everything. Don't make something this small a big deal. The Cyclone and the Rangers are both great teams that are expected to go very far this year. Good luck to both teams!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right districtted, University High has been a problem for the Lady Rangers over the past few years. However, I feel that some of UH's "heart" was lost after last year's class graduated. The rivalry in UH rests now in only a few of the players and maybe one coach, instead of the whole team. Over the past 3 years, along with the help of some really talented players such as Mcveigh and Backers, UH took a district title here, a conference title there; but now I believe the returning players from Unaka expect the whole package of themselves. It will be a strong team with the heart of a lion. I think the only Single A team around here that will be able to keep the lady Rangers from their titles, is the Lady Rangers. They will make or break their own season. It all depends on how hard they are working.. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about the whole Cyclone-Unaka thing. It's honestly not a big deal who beats who at a scrimage that's at the beginning of the year when the girls need to get used to playing and everything. Don't make something this small a big deal. The Cyclone and the Rangers are both great teams that are expected to go very far this year. Good luck to both teams!

My opinion exactly softballover. The Cyclones and Rangers are both great teams that are very evenly matched talent wise. I hope both teams go as far as possible and represent Carter Co. very well this year.

You're right districtted, University High has been a problem for the Lady Rangers over the past few years. However, I feel that some of UH's "heart" was lost after last year's class graduated. The rivalry in UH rests now in only a few of the players and maybe one coach, instead of the whole team. Over the past 3 years, along with the help of some really talented players such as Mcveigh and Backers, UH took a district title here, a conference title there; but now I believe the returning players from Unaka expect the whole package of themselves. It will be a strong team with the heart of a lion. I think the only Single A team around here that will be able to keep the lady Rangers from their titles, is the Lady Rangers. They will make or break their own season. It all depends on how hard they are working.. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Did University High not win 3 straight regional titles?

I agree with your statement. I was not trying to start a fight I am just telling everyone how Unaka thinks they have to win. It is great to want to win, but they need to keep in mind it is a scrimmage. It does not mean either team is better. BOTH teams have great players. And as far a Megan playing basketball for Unaka GOOD the Cyclones did not need her becuase look where they are now. And as far as softball losing "Ryan Musik and Megan Heaton" there is no loss there either. Both baskeyball and softball have greatly improved and they showed that no matter how redneck other schools are it doesn't take ONE or TWO people to make a CYCLONE TEAM

Edited by MJ2273

Hey MJ2273 - I don't think it's fair to cut down any of the girls that go to either school. Megan is a great basketball player and would have been at Elizabethton too if given the chance. Musick and Heaton are both great kids that decided to play at Unaka for whatever reason - their decision. A lot of the girls off of both teams are friends and I think that's great. It makes for fun competition. As far as the redneck comment, aren't we all rednecks? I just think we need to keep it clean - noone gets hurt but the girls and nothings worth that. I'll bet cha a lot of these girls will end up playing college ball together one day.

Go Cyclones and Rangers - you're both winners in my book! :thumb:

i agree LUVBALL 100% ! Go Unaka Lady Rangers & also Lady Cyclones !

I walked out on the field, the lines already drawn and the stands empty. I look around and it is just me and the field. You smell the grass and you hear the fans. You think of all those people chanting and all your team-mates cheering. Your all bruised and bloody and yet you realize that this is SOFTBALL. This is what it is all about.

Buckshot #o0 ;)

Edited by buckshot00

Maybe if the coach wouldn't try to recruit Elizabethton's players then they would play. The Rangers are so worried about beating the CYCLONES in a scrimmage. They would rather win this scrimmage than the whole state tournament!

I fully agree with everyone else, i know you've already replied but i felt the need to say this because i know who you are talkin about. Any player who wants to come to Unaka does so becuase they want to. Unaka's coach doesn't recruit anyone. As for Musick and Heaton i disagree about it not being a big loss for Elizabethton, they never really got the chance to see what they were missing. They are great softball players, and Johnson is a great basketball player as well. And while two players do not make a team, two players can hold a team together.

Hey MJ2273 - I don't think it's fair to cut down any of the girls that go to either school. Megan is a great basketball player and would have been at Elizabethton too if given the chance. Musick and Heaton are both great kids that decided to play at Unaka for whatever reason - their decision. A lot of the girls off of both teams are friends and I think that's great. It makes for fun competition. As far as the redneck comment, aren't we all rednecks? I just think we need to keep it clean - noone gets hurt but the girls and nothings worth that. I'll bet cha a lot of these girls will end up playing college ball together one day.

Go Cyclones and Rangers - you're both winners in my book! <_<

Exactly. The girls on both teams are good friends, so don't do anything to try and ruin that and make a rivalry out of it. Yes, we are all rednecks! haha. I know 2 girls from Elizabethton that have already signed and 1 from Unaka, and that's great! Hopefully more from both teams will sign this year. Elizabethton and Unaka have some great Senior leadership (Elizabethton- Katie Hubbard-Jessica Robinson-Maggie Austin, Unaka- Ryann Musick-Megan Heaton-Brittany Taylor) as well as some new talent coming in. Both teams are awesome and are going to go very far. Elizabethton has beat Unaka and Unaka has beat Elizabethton and that's how it goes. These girls are all great, so don't try to bring them down.

I won't say much, but I will say this. Having had the pleasure of coaching Megan Johnson, Ryann Musick, Megan Heaton, and Laura Bowman in middle school, I am sure Unaka is thrilled to have them. All four are great students, great athletes, and most importantly classy young ladies. For whatever reasons, they ended up at Unaka, have done very well, and I am proud to have taught and coached them. There are also a bunch of classy ladies on the Elizabethton teams as well. It is a good rivalry and both teams just need to let their play on the field and their work in the classroom do the talking for them. Wishing both teams a good season.

First of all, Im sorry for the delay in this reply, and it might have had a different effect had I posted it sooner. I agree with too many statements posted to name. For those of you who think Ronnie Hicks or any other coach at Unaka "recruits" players, they don't have to. As Forrest Gump once said "that's all I have to say about that."

Districtted, when I posted about UH receiving a conference title here, a district title there, I was referring to the fact that neither team has been able to win the whole package (conference, district and region) in a few years.

MJ... I agree with Luvball, there is no need to cut down other players. You are obviously a lady cyclone and I want to wish you luck against the lady rangers, even though Ill be cheering for UHS. The fact that you feel the need to make personal attacks on hard working student-athletes (who are very successful by the way) proves that their decision was the right one . Hats off to them for that. :thumb:

By the way, I'm not trying to start a fight either...