D-I or D-II, Which one is harder to place in

MasterBlaster 1

This is not a footbal topic.

BTW what was BA record last year in Football? It all goes in cycles.

Right, it all does go in cycles. But if the football coaches had accepted that and competed, instead of changing the playing ground, we wouldnt be having the whole D1 / D2 thing to begin with.

While D2 is a smaller pool, chances are you are more likely to be facing an opponent who trains year round, attends summer camps, competes against out of state competition, and has better facilities.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you get that I'm implying anything. What di my topic say. Read before U wright. :thumb:

I agree the in the top 2 spots in DII that the young men are usually some of the best in the state. Nevertheless, looking at the D-II brackets makes you laugh. Most of the kids know every wrestler and usually know who the top 2 kids are going to be.

My point was to show a kid who qualified for state 3 years straight under D-II and under D-1 he had to earn it.

I'm just a dreamer who would love to go back to pre-split.

The D-II IS LIKE OUR OLD DISTRICT TOURNEYS EXCEPT WE HAD TO WRESTLE MORE MATCHES.

I know ND will do well in the D-1 Tourney and would love to see their thoughts at the end of the Tourney.

IMO-To win D-1 wgt class it's a war, to win D-II you wrestle one real match.

I hated Stats in School but here U go:

In D-II B)

16 teams

U have up to a 54% chance to place. (112 which has at least 3 of the top kids in the state)

D-I :o

127 wrestling programs with a chance to send kids to state :huh:

8% Chance to place in state.

1.58% chance of making it to the finals.

Just a wee bit tougher ;)

Since D1 is so much more difficult than D2, I don't guess you would not mind having your school vote to place all of the schools (both D1 & D2) back together for one big state wrestling tournament. I would seriously doubt that a single D2 wrestler would place in that tournament and none of the D2 schools would finish in the top 10.

Edited by cbg

Since D1 is so much more difficult than D2, I don't guess you would mind having your school vote to place all of the schools (both D1 & D2) back together for one big state wrestling tournament. I would seriously doubt that a single D2 wrestler would place in that tournament and none of the D2 schools would finish in the top 10.

No problem here. That's what I'm talking about.

It what most of was raised with. No where has any one said a D-2 kid would not place or win, so get over your self.

But winning a state Championship by wrestling 5 tuff matches vs 1 pr 2 in D-2 is a different world.

Having to wrestling in the loser bracket an place is a true war. It's a real joke in D-II.

D-I is, undoubtedly, deeper than the D-II, but statistically, it should be. There are much more wrestlers in D-I than in D-II. However, the top two and, sometimes, top three wrestlers in D-I are often, not always, higher quality than the top two or three wrestlers in D-I, and in case yall haven't noticed, qualifying for the D-I state tournament is not that difficult and not something to brag about like it is in other states. The kids that don't qualify for the D-I state tournament would go 0-2 in the D-II state tournament.

D-I is, undoubtedly, deeper than the D-II, but statistically, it should be. There are much more wrestlers in D-I than in D-II. However, the top two and, sometimes, top three wrestlers in D-I are often, not always, higher quality than the top two or three wrestlers in D-I, and in case yall haven't noticed, qualifying for the D-I state tournament is not that difficult and not something to brag about like it is in other states. The kids that don't qualify for the D-I state tournament would go 0-2 in the D-II state tournament.

Click

How deep these folks would be going back to state if they were in D-II.

D-II top dogs vs D-I in depth.

103- W. Alsobrook CBHS *** I could'nt tell U on this one.

J. Francis MBA

T. Stavrum Baylor

103-D-1

1) Hunter Randolph (Bradley)

2) Talon Noman (Overton)

3) Tee Boone (Notre Dame)

4) Dustin Stewart (Soddy)

5) Luis Aguilar (E. Lit)

6) Chris Pipkin (Cheatham Co)

others to watch: Jason Kilby (Cumberland Co), Binh Hoang (Knox Cath), Alan Hord (Beech), Gary Sluder (Greenback

112- J. Cash BA**IMO-D-2 has the strongest 3 after that it's D-1

B. Whitaker Baylor

S. Singh McCallie

112-D-1

1) Demetrius Johnson (Munford)

2) Kent Johnson (Collierville)

3) Caleb Myers (Greeneville)

4) Jordan Harless (Karns)

5) Wes Brett (Soddy)

6) Cody Hood (Ooltewah)

others to watch: Kenny Ford (Cheatham Co), Jeremy Carter (FRA), Ryan Treloar (Hendersonville), Andrew Collums (Bradley)

119- J.M. Simpson MBA ***Simpson is the top kid but after that any of these kids could place but D-1 is deep in this weight class.

T. Sherbakoff Webb

J.M. Sloan Father Ryan

119-

1) Jay Adamson (Notre Dame)

2) David Mang (Bradley)

3) Dustin Ortiz (Franklin)

4) Grant Mitchell (Science Hill)

5) Daniel Webb (Dobbyns Bennett)

6) Christian Rudas (E. Ridge)

others to watch: Blake Ridenour (Maryville), Trent Fink (Blackman), Cory Alexander (Northwest), Jacob Henley (Rhea Co), Chris Livingston (Houston), Blake Brittcliffe (Collierville)

125- (loaded weight class) ***This weight class would be a war but give the edge to D-1

1) Bo Usary (Science Hill)

2) Joseph Pair (Page)

3) Cole Geren (S. Doyle)***was beat by Seymour Freshman

4) Mikey Fuller (Soddy)

5) Jonas Gibbs (Ridgeway)

6) Stuart Cope (Centenniel)

others to watch: Tanner Johnson (Walker Valley), Justin Shanes (Beech), Mike Kulisek (Notre Dame), Joey Royster (Red Bank),

125- B. Johnson Baylor

T. Wynn St. Ben

P. Marchetti Father Ryan

130- ***Depth goes to D-1 on this one

1) Nic Bundy (Hendersonville)

2) Jason McCroskey (Soddy)

3) Tanner Withrow (Bradley)

4) Jacob Creighton (Page)

5) Andy Walden (Ooltewah)

6) Demarcus Cranfill (Rhea Co)

others to watch: Caleb Proctor (Blackman), Isaac Legg (Seymour), Matt Drish (Science Hill)

130- J. Young McCallie

M. Bell Baylor

S. Arnett Webb

135- C. Manson Baylor Manson is the top dog then it would be up for grabs

M. Negri Father Ryan

W. McKeithan MBA

135-

1) Ryan Konz (Franklin)

2) Ryan Fuller (Soddy)

3) Spike Rawn (Notre Dame)

4) Damien Buchanan (Science Hill)

5) Nic Shields (Maryville)

6) Jessie Murphy (FRA)

others to watch: Blake Fronzak (Cleveland), Caleb Tallent (Bradley), Chris Reynolds (Cordova), Eamon Hosey (Knox Cath), JD Alexander (Mont Cent), Spencer Shanes (Beech)

140- J. Hussein Baylor Top 2 D-2 after that D-1

W. Young McCallie

B. Bellet MBA

140- (Loaded weight class)

1) Kellen Holliman (Brentwood)

2) Ulric Winesburg (Soddy)

3) Mason Caples (Hillsboro)

4) Will Jones (Cleveland)

5) Morgan Abrigo (Forrest)

6) Zach Walker (William Blount)

others to watch: Jim Kleinert (Beech), Ashten Johnson (Munford), David Gordy (Sycamore), Ryan Burdette (Notre Dame), Grant Geasley (Page), Matt Bookout (Ooltewah)

145- R. Doster Baylor

Z. Goss McCallie

J. Baucke CBHS

152- D. Williams CBHS

D. Waddell Baylor

C. Waddey MBA

160- D. Smith Webb

L. Spink PJP 2

A. Snyder MBA

171- R. Robinson McCallie

A. Bateman Father Ryan

B. Tate MBA

189- D-1 would dominate this wgt class

1) Tom Minwell (Clarksville)

2) Josh Bourland (Bolton)

3) Frankie Morgan (Union Co)

4) Moses Opio (Lavergne)

5) Brandon O'Neal (Red Bank)

6) Anthony Clemons (Glencliff)

others to watch: Shane Reveiz (Farragut), Kevin Paddock (Davey Crockett), Michael Ligon (Rossview), Adam Cable (Maryville), Daniel Powers (Collierville), Matt Mateyka (Cookeville), Remington Prescott (Gibbs)

189- D. Walker Baylor

A. Cook McCallie

M. George MUS

215-*** Coffee would be in the mix for top 3 but after that it's all D-1.

1) Nick Reveiz (Farragut)

2) Ian Meredith (Notre Dame)

3) Matt Lettner (Soddy)

4) Brett Rogers (Collierville)

5) Jon Sively (Bradley)

6) Ethan Henley (Science Hill)

215- C. Coffee PJP 2

D. Dempsey Father Ryan

B. Huffaker McCallie

275- D-1 winner

1) Cody Sliger (Ooltewah)

2) Ben Murray (Science Hill)

3) John Vandergriff (Halls)

4) Ethan Flynn (Seymour)

5) Brandon Swinney (Overton)

6) Cody Quick (Tullahoma)

275- M. Still Baylor

C. Green McCallie

A. Riley MBA

I will have to think about the rest of these.

145-

1) Kelly Felix (Franklin)

2) Jarriett Toney (Soddy)

3) Ben Scott (Ridgeway)

4) Eli Cox (Kenwood)

5) Jeremy Hendricks (Maryville)

6) Spencer Sommers (Smyrna)

others to watch: Matt Brocato (Cleveland), Drake Carter (Rhea Co), Nick Cowan (Kingston)

152-

1) Brandon Wright (Houston)

2) Justin Spain (Bradley)

3) Brett Morrell (White House)

4) Rick McKnight (Red Bank)

5) Jonathan Brown (Brentwood)

6) Jonathan Heacock (Franklin)

others to watch: Reece Wheeler (Sullivan East), Justin Metcalf (Ooltewah), Chris Bowman (Greeneville), David Scandlyn (Kingston), Michael Recio (Ravenwood)

160-

1) Travis Creagan (Bradley)

2) Daniel Pease (Clarksville)

3) Jake Young (Ooltewah)

4) Daniel Tolbert (Red Bank)

5) Shawn Godwin (Ravenwood)

6) Justin Beckett (David Crockett)

others to watch: Charlie Arrington (Greenville), Harold Gage (Cleveland), Seth Jones (Brentwood), Wesley Freeman (Harpeth), Brandon Vanderloop (Hillsboro), Justin Nelson (Blackman)

171-

1) Tyler Roberson (Soddy)

2) Landon Hall (Maryville)

3) Monterrence Reams (Glencliff)

4) Adam Gratz (William Blount)

5) Brad Robbins (Jeff Co)

6) Nathan Joslin (Kingston)

others to watch: Ian Haggard (Ravenwood), Patrick Walsh (Kenwood), Matt Sansevero (Sevier Co), Ryan Patrick (Dickson Co)

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Hey Master Blaster worry about your own kids or should I say Kid, DII and DI are different tournaments....get over it. Its seemed like you were implying DII is weak, so go wrestle Baylor, McCallie, Father Ryan and MBA, CBHS, Brentwood Academy, then come and make your comparissons.

Edited by KCHSCoach