Greeneville Middle School Boys

net_burner_3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that team was Morrison an excellent point guard for greeneville and two other posts andy mcneese and ottinger. They all start for the middle school team and Morrison scores like Harris with less assists and more rebounds. Ottinger and Mcneese snag in about 6-10 rebounds a game. while scoring newhere from 5-10...all excellent players on this Greeneville team. They will end up going somewhere big if u ask me, and they havnt found a team in a year and a half that could beat them.

well i saw the Area 1 championship game aginst colonial hights and greeneville won 40-23... they had a very balanced scoring pattern that game almost every player had points... Quarles and McNeese scored 9 Morrison scored 7 and Harris had 5 that game...they play great as a team, i cant wait to see them in high school... state champs for sure... o and i heard no one came close in orlando to beating them at the national hoop it up championship. they are top seed at the tournement in pigeon forge this week and play tuesday at 4:30 i think

Hey, did anyone happen to see the greeneville middle boys play in the sweet 16 tournetment in kingsport. Andy Mcneese is a real help to that team coming off the bench. He received the 6th man award. i dont think he gets enogh reconetion.hes a verry consistant player and will help this team out as the injured hopson wont play. What do you think?

Let me just say straight up. This whole entire team can produce at anytime. All the people on this team have had at least 1 20+ point game this year. You shut down 1 threat and theres 4 more left...Theres also a boy who can dunk that is the 6th man. Guard this whole team tight or you will pay from anywhere on the floor

Hey, did anyone happen to see the greeneville middle boys play in the sweet 16 tournetment in kingsport. Andy Mcneese is a real help to that team coming off the bench. He received the 6th man award. i dont think he gets enogh reconetion.hes a verry consistant player and will help this team out as the injured hopson wont play. What do you think?

The Greeneville boys are an excellent team. Andy McNeese is a strong player as you say and will help them on there way. I can see these guys going all the way this year

Greeneville dominates in every aspect of the game.Rebounding, scoring, passing, press and ball handling, shut them down in one place and you will pay from anywhere on the floor. Jefferson wont come close to these boys.

They are a very well balanced team, but their level of competition just go better. Lets see if they can take it to the next level. I think they have the leadership and skills to finish this season strong, that is, if someone steps up, as usual.

They are a very well balanced team, but their level of competition just go better. Lets see if they can take it to the next level. I think they have the leadership and skills to finish this season strong, that is, if someone steps up, as usual.

It's a shame that Greeneville and Waynesboro Middle School can't play.I know the distance is a problem.With Greeneville right on the North Carolina border and Waynesboro on the Alabama border it's a shame these two can't play.Waynesboro is 24-2 and won the James C. Haile Tournament in Murfreesboro.They beat Liberty Middle School by the score of 50-42 in the championship game and alot of people in the state thought that they were the best team in the state with Emanuel Andrews as their top player and probably the top player in the Southeast part of the U.S. Waynesboro has already won there first round game in the TNT State Tournament in Springfield.They have a 6'2 post player, a 6'0 wing player who has probably set some kind of state record with all the 3 pointers he's hit this year and he's only a 7th grader.There most versatile player is a 6th grader who can do it all.They also have a good swing player who was a heckuva runningback this year in football.A great team who I had the privilege of seeing in Murfreesboro.I wish there was some way to find out who is the best Middle School or Junior High team in the state.These kids from Waynesboro can flat play and they get up and down the court.Being from the Murfreesboro area I've seen some good basketball, and these kids are good!

phat4, Greeneville is a small town in East TN not the greenville in NC so yeah the distance would be a problem and im sure their starting 5 could come through with the win against the 6'2 post and the 6'0 wing. 2 on 5 usually isnt a great game... And the gaurd wouldn't be a problem with the two gaurds out front on defense, Morrison and Harris. They each average about 7 steals a game and tip passes like crazy and McNeese don't let the ball get by him to easily either. I think it would be good game though... sounds like it any way

It's a shame that Greeneville and Waynesboro Middle School can't play.I know the distance is a problem.With Greeneville right on the North Carolina border and Waynesboro on the Alabama border it's a shame these two can't play.Waynesboro is 24-2 and won the James C. Haile Tournament in Murfreesboro.They beat Liberty Middle School by the score of 50-42 in the championship game and alot of people in the state thought that they were the best team in the state with Emanuel Andrews as their top player and probably the top player in the Southeast part of the U.S. Waynesboro has already won there first round game in the TNT State Tournament in Springfield.They have a 6'2 post player, a 6'0 wing player who has probably set some kind of state record with all the 3 pointers he's hit this year and he's only a 7th grader.There most versatile player is a 6th grader who can do it all.They also have a good swing player who was a heckuva runningback this year in football.A great team who I had the privilege of seeing in Murfreesboro.I wish there was some way to find out who is the best Middle School or Junior High team in the state.These kids from Waynesboro can flat play and they get up and down the court.Being from the Murfreesboro area I've seen some good basketball, and these kids are good!

Greeneville's post ( Hopson) is 6'3", with a 6'2" 7th grader coming off the bench (Miller), they have a 4 player that will in all likelyhood start Greeneville varsity next year ( Quarels ), As you have read in previous post their two guards are fantastic ( Harris and Morrison ), Ottinger at 5'11" is their 3 man and has a reach of guys well over 6 feet. Sixth man McNeese can play at top or bottom and the team successfully uses him at various positions. 2 more strong guys off the bench are Spradlin and Anderson. At least 6 players on the team can get rim easy and Hopson can dunk as a young 8th grader. If their was any weakness in this team it would be after going 2 deep at guard. Seriously, this team can beat most freshman teams and alot of B-teams. They are very well balanced, unselfish, quick and smart. Greeneville's varsity team which is state ranked was told earlier in the year, " If you want to learn how to get the ball up and down the floor you need to go watch the middle school". And sure enough , they showed up as a team to watch. I can't say enough about this group...I am sure you will be hearing more of them in years to come.