Ooltewah

AFRICANOWL

If i were you i woudnt count out Soddy Daisy just yet. They scrimmaged father ryan and lost a well played game by both teams 1-0, and everyone knows Father Ryan is a state contender every year in D2. YEs Soddy lost a lot but did have quite a bit of depth from the year before but the kids didnt play as much as they would have liked due to so many seniors. However the attitude this year is a much better one than last years. Coach Drummond is really enforcing discipline this year. There is also more guys excited to be playing varsity soccer and are not just going through the motions. The team concept is definately a part of Soddy Daisy soccer this year. All im saying is i wouldnt count Soddy out of the mix for district or region just yet. Just a little food for thought.

soddy did lose alot of good players but they left behind the ability and hunger to win. they were the best team that i saw last year that didnt make it to the state tourney....i thought they would be there. i believe they will contend in this years district and region...when a team plays at the level that they did last year it has a tendency to carry over to the next.

ooltewah should make the road for soddy much tougher this year. the tacklins and golden (if he is still there) are a great base and if emillio has vastly improved, they will be the team to beat in the district. the region will see one of these teams advance to the sectionals and from there it is one win and state bound.......good luck to both teams

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw ooltewahs scrimmage against cleveland and they seemed to be hurting. Not a single defender from last year was starting. They also had one of the best keepers in the area at striker. From what i could see ooltewah is either in pretty bad shape or their coach has lost his mind. I think that ooltewah's lack of skill and bad coaching on the part of curtis blair might lead to nothing more a subpar season.

From what i could see ooltewah is either in pretty bad shape or their coach has lost his mind. I think that ooltewah's lack of skill and bad coaching on the part of curtis blair might lead to nothing more a subpar season.

Curtis is one of the best coaches in the ENTIRE state... and probably the best highschool coach in the Chattanooga area...

It is ridiculous to blame the ability of a coach on the outcome of you're season, when it was the ability, or lack thereof, of the players that entirely put Ooltewah's season to shame. Just about every one of you is my friend, so there is no offense to be taken from this... it is VITAL to you're success that the seniors come together to make this team work as a whole, with the aide of other underclassmen following you're example..

Edited by OwlsBaseball

Nope, not at all. I honestly believe he is one of the best coaches in the state... he woudln't be coaching ODP if he wasn't. In HS you don't always have the talent to run the system you would like....

This years Ooltewah team will be much better than last years...

I would agree with you that C. Blair is one of the best coaches in the state and this year should be a really good year for them. They stayed close to McCallie, and if SD is one of the better teams in the district, along with McMinn, they should do well as McCallie didn't have any trouble with either of those teams. The season will be fun to watch but I think that this could be Ooltewah's chance to do better than they have in years.