Ooltewah

AFRICANOWL

I would just like to give props to Bobby Smith, the McMinn Co. goalkeeper... Kid deserves a lot of credit for giving his team a chance to win.

Thanks OwlsGK30. I would like to say that it was a class act to have members of the Owls team come over to me following the conclusion of last nights game. I want to wish your team good luck in the substate match tomorrow. I hope that you make it to state and make an impact for our region.

Be strong and be cool.

:thumb:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that nobody understands what McMinn was doing in that situation...contrary to what you Ooltewah fans believe, Earls wasn't taking him out because he did a bad job, he was taking him out so he could get an extra attacker, he inserted Jon Winfield into goal so he could use him as a "sweeper-keeper". I also understand McMinn had been practicing that in case they got in that situation..I also don't understand why you praise Bobby Smith so much, don't get me wrong he is a great keeper and did a great job that night, but he made a fool of his coach and his team by making a scene of nothing..

Edited by Burnt

It seems that nobody understands what McMinn was doing in that situation...contrary to what you Ooltewah fans believe, Earls wasn't taking him out because he did a bad job, he was taking him out so he could get an extra attacker, he inserted Jon Winfield into goal so he could use him as a "sweeper-keeper". I also understand McMinn had been practicing that in case they got in that situation..I also don't understand why you praise Bobby Smith so much, don't get me wrong he is a great keeper and did a great job that night, but he made a fool of his coach and his team by making a scene of nothing..

That Sweeper keeper thing sure worked out well for them last night against Riverdale. That kid was put in simply to throw his weight around. He did nothing to help his team. He kept forgetting that he wasn't allowed to catch the ball when he was at the half line, and when it looked like he was going to get beat he would just foul the attacking player and run back to the goal to get ready for the free kick. (That is assuming the ref actually blew the whistle.) As far as I'm concerned, they would have stood a better chance of winning had they kept their real keeper in and just played better soccer, rather than trying some lame "trick play."

Edited by RHScooling

That Sweeper keeper thing sure worked out well for them last night against Riverdale. That kid was put in simply to throw his weight around. He did nothing to help his team. He kept forgetting that he wasn't allowed to catch the ball when he was at the half line, and when it looked like he was going to get beat he would just foul the attacking player and run back to the goal to get ready for the free kick. (That is assuming the ref actually blew the whistle.) As far as I'm concerned, they would have stood a better chance of winning had they kept their real keeper in and just played better soccer, rather than trying some lame "trick play."

They tried the same thing against Ooltewah as well. Twice in a row, maybe they'll learn. Trying to stick an additional attacker probably would have worked better by taking a defender out and putting a striker in the midfield. It almost cost them at the beginning, a shot came to the keeper and he mishandled the shot and almost went in. Before they did that they were on the move and the kid that scored the one goal, I believe is the one they put at goalie. Not sure of the logic either.

They tried the same thing against Ooltewah as well. Twice in a row, maybe they'll learn. Trying to stick an additional attacker probably would have worked better by taking a defender out and putting a striker in the midfield. It almost cost them at the beginning, a shot came to the keeper and he mishandled the shot and almost went in. Before they did that they were on the move and the kid that scored the one goal, I believe is the one they put at goalie. Not sure of the logic either.

I think McMinn did best they could do without their starting goal keeper.

Edited by Wavecup

I hate to say that we would of won the game had Bobby been in the goal but he sure would of helped alot. He's more aggressive and we (defenders) know that we can rely on him when we screw up. Are backup keeper didnt do bad for his first ever start at a real Varsity game. Referring to a previous post..I also was impressed with the Owls after the game, they showed good sportsmanship afterwards.

I have been to state the past 3 years and never got past the first round, now that I've graduated it's all over :) Owls, you better go there and win one for us!

Good luck in the state tourny!!!