Ooltewah

AFRICANOWL

burnt, a long time poster with obvious ties to the tribe, and roadtech, who appears to be the goalkeeper in question, needs to drop this topic in this forum or continue it by phone or in person.

as for the call to change keepers by earls.... it is not unusual in any sport to see non typical substitutions at the end of a significant game. in basketball if a team is ahead late and trying to protect a lead you will see the coach pull out the regulars and put in better free throw shooters, or, if they are behind he might take out his big men and sub three point shooters. the 2 minute drill in football typically uses different atheletes than what you see during most of the game. this coaching strategy is common and many times effective, so i certainly see nothing wrong with that descision, as a matter of fact, i like the nothing to lose, everything to gain philosophy . but you rarely see the big men in basketball or the starters in football lose control when taken out in that situation....they must recognize the situation and do whatever they can do to help the team. i think a lesson was learned and mcminn will be better for it....good luck next year, and good luck to the owls in murph!

Edited by soccermadness

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Earls was not wrong in anyway.

The keeper came out, threw his gloves down and said he quit the team. (which most of the crowd heard)

I agree, let it go. The kid fell apart. He wasn't psycho. He just got scored on. He is a kid and he lost it. That is going to happen. He should suffer the consequences and everyone should get over it. It happens to the best of us.

No one should have booed. Just let the situation happen and stay out of it. Just makes it worse.

And now back to Ooltewah...

Edited by mtnman

By the way, I understand the Owls are going to state in "disguise"!! According to the way I heard it, they made a pact at the beginning of the year that if they made it to the Fling, they would all shave their heads. Which based on my sources, they all have. Even those who might have been participating in other activities this past Sunday, couldn't avoid the "clippers"!

Good Luck at state Owls, even though many may not recognize you all!!

Play Hard!

burnt, a long time poster with obvious ties to the tribe, and roadtech, who appears to be the goalkeeper in question, needs to drop this topic in this forum or continue it by phone or in person.

as for the call to change keepers by earls.... it is not unusual in any sport to see non typical substitutions at the end of a significant game. in basketball if a team is ahead late and trying to protect a lead you will see the coach pull out the regulars and put in better free throw shooters, or, if they are behind he might take out his big men and sub three point shooters. the 2 minute drill in football typically uses different atheletes than what you see during most of the game. this coaching strategy is common and many times effective, so i certainly see nothing wrong with that descision, as a matter of fact, i like the nothing to lose, everything to gain philosophy . but you rarely see the big men in basketball or the starters in football lose control when taken out in that situation....they must recognize the situation and do whatever they can do to help the team. i think a lesson was learned and mcminn will be better for it....good luck next year, and good luck to the owls in murph!

Roadtech is not the keeper in question. Also, I hope that the Owls make it all the way.

By the way, I understand the Owls are going to state in "disguise"!! According to the way I heard it, they made a pact at the beginning of the year that if they made it to the Fling, they would all shave their heads. Which based on my sources, they all have. Even those who might have been participating in other activities this past Sunday, couldn't avoid the "clippers"!

Good Luck at state Owls, even though many may not recognize you all!!

Play Hard!

the old "we've never been here before" disguise. happens every year.... but you never see a "regular" use that great strategy. coach bear bryant once told his team when addressing touchdown celebrations...."boys, when you make it to the end zone, act like you've been there before." good advise from a great coach.

Thanks OwlsGK30. I would like to say that it was a class act to have members of the Owls team come over to me following the conclusion of last nights game. I want to wish your team good luck in the substate match tomorrow. I hope that you make it to state and make an impact for our region.

Be strong and be cool.

:lol:

sorry roadtech...i misinterpeted this reply....my bad.

the old "we've never been here before" disguise. happens every year.... but you never see a "regular" use that great strategy. coach bear bryant once told his team when addressing touchdown celebrations...."boys, when you make it to the end zone, act like you've been there before." good advise from a great coach.

:lol:

I dont think its silly to use a show of unity when going deep into the playoffs. You see this often in pro sports when players refuse to shave for the playoffs in hockey and recently in football. these players could also be impersonating their fabulously bald coach. Its fun the kids are young, and this is once in a lifetime for many of them. they need to enjoy youth while it lasts cause you can't live in the past, and for the seniors after this game it will be time to move on to bigger and better things... so why not have a little fun with the clippers to bond with their teammates

Just wear sunscreen, nothing worse than sunburnt head...Im sure the "Bald like Blair" slogan was a part of this decision lol. Anyone know if euroscoreboard is missing some ridgeway games? They dont seem to have many reported. Surely they are missing some cause I dont see anything impressive from what is reported.