How do you think Carter from grace and Jurick from eastridge matched u

TNballer2006

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reason he was a step or 2 late because he was guarding Carter if he would of helped Carter would have had a wide open dunk. since you are such a defensive GOD u get out there and do it or shut up and WATCH the game from the STANDS.

guys, no one is perfect at the game of basketball, everyone has something they can improve on, yes even the likes of lebron james, kobe bryant, etc have plenty of things they can work on to become even better, and all im trying to say is that jurick needs to work on his help defense, it will help make him a more complete defensive player...you say that "if he would of helped carter would have had a wide open dunk" that is not true, when you play man to man defense(dont know if thats what it was but i assume it was since they said he is guarding carter) but anyway, when your guy does not have the ball and is not one pass away, you do not play up on your man so you can sag into the paint and help if someone else's man gets beat you have to be in position to help with that and also get back to your man at the same time, its a part of the game, if you didn't help on defense then all a team would need is one kid that can dribble pretty good and make layups after beating his man...its a team sport, and yes being a team is not just on the offensive end, that is all i'm trying to say

If he did it sooo good why is he sitting at home and typing how other people should do thiings and not playin basketball somewhere Jurick avg. almost 10 blocks a game he has to be doing something right on Defense..

dont talk about someone until you know the whole story, i had a couple places that i could have gone and played ball at in college but i chose to go to college where i am now for other reasons that you may not care for, and i was even going to walk on to the team here were it not for numerous injuries in the past 2 years that have barely let me be able to walk for all this time....but it doesn't really matter, and i never said he wasn't doing anything right on defense, obviously the kid blocks shots, but im saying there is room for improvement and he kid do so much more if he just worked a little bit and had someone teach him a little more, that is all, quit trying to attack everyone on here that doesn't agree with you that jurick is the best basketball player in the state

Whoever said Carter is a 3 or a 4 is crazy. He is way to slow to guard any three guard in America. I played at a D2 school and he could not even start at the three for them. He will be a 4 with touch, not a 3 with size.

Crazy??? hmm

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1957395

Lets see what they think... But what do they know? Carter is not a 5 he is a 3 or 4. Just because he is 6'10 doesnt mean he is a center, thats why he is getting much more recruiting attention than Jurick.

the only reason he was a step or 2 late because he was guarding Carter if he would of helped Carter would have had a wide open dunk. since you are such a defensive GOD u get out there and do it or shut up and WATCH the game from the STANDS.

haha let guy have a wide open lay-up because he might pass it to a guy who can dunk? Plus if your team plays man correctly there should be a guy rotating over on the other guy. But giving up wide open lay-ups to keep a guy from just the possibility of dunking is quite a defensive scheme. But for now, the rest of the intelligent basketball community will stick with stopping the ball :thumb:

haha let guy have a wide open lay-up because he might pass it to a guy who can dunk? Plus if your team plays man correctly there should be a guy rotating over on the other guy. But giving up wide open lay-ups to keep a guy from just the possibility of dunking is quite a defensive scheme. But for now, the rest of the intelligent basketball community will stick with stopping the ball :thumb:

You act like no one ever is suppose to score.....duhhh people are going to get by there man and score but why didnt grace wanna stop Jurick he's the one with 34 points.....that doesnt look like stopping the ball to me!!

You act like no one ever is suppose to score.....duhhh people are going to get by there man and score but why didnt grace wanna stop Jurick he's the one with 34 points.....that doesnt look like stopping the ball to me!!

Who scored more points? To bad a team consists of 5 people... Why didnt East Ridge stop GRACES 69 points? But that post wasnt talking about the Grace vs East Ridge in specific as much as help D in general. But I would say Jurick got half his points when Carter was helping and Grace didnt rotate correctly.