Freshman

philip2003

Sorry to correct you, but he lost his .000 ERA against Beech when he got shelled for about 7 earned runs in one of the games last season - coincidentally right after the Tennessean newspaper article came out. Everybody has an off day. Don't get me wrong, this kid is the REAL DEAL and he's got a heck of a career ahead of him. He will definitely be a force to contend with AGAIN this year. :thumb:

I believe that beech game was in the last week of district wasnt it? Which is when i said he lost that ERA. But it is irrelavant in a tough district like 9AAA what a remarkabel feat to go most of the season with out and earned run you have teams like WC who went to state and consistant powers like Mtjuliet and hendersonville

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt the best freshman in the State is Shelbyville's Jordan Cooper. He throws in the high 80's. Jordan can hit the baseball out of the park and with a high avg. sonny gray is the best soph. These guys are the same age but Jordan is a grade behind Sonny in school. These guys have played summer ball in the same age group since they were 6. Better watch Shelbyville's underclassman! They will get the job done.

what was the kids name and what year did he play that you saw throw 80 as a freshman?

I'm not sure on his name because I only seen him play once. He played for the Knox Stars, and when pitchin against a team that I had several friends on they all laughed at him because he didn't look like much. Then a big fellow came and set infront of me and my best friend and I asked him who was he there to watch. He said he was there to clock the kid from the stars. At first I was puzzled because the kid had a good curve but didn't appear to have much heat. But the first pitch of the game he hit 82. Then he whipped a curve in. Next pitch was an 80. I want to think he kept his heat above 77 the whole game. The only reason that I remember what he threw to the first batter, is I know the kid pretty well and he laughed harder than anyone. He wasn't laughing when the kid struck him out in 3 pitches. :thumb: . I wanna say Jacob but I don't know why. If anyone knows I'd like to know so I can follow him.

Oh yea it was this summer.

Edited by philip2003

I believe that beech game was in the last week of district wasnt it? Which is when i said he lost that ERA. But it is irrelavant in a tough district like 9AAA what a remarkabel feat to go most of the season with out and earned run you have teams like WC who went to state and consistant powers like Mtjuliet and hendersonville

To be quite honest, I can't remember if it was in the last week of districts or not. I remember reading that great article about Sonny and hoping it would not jinx him. Wouldn't it have been great if he could've finished his rookie season in high school with a .000 ERA? The fact that he went so long in 9-AAA with it in tact was just incredible. I'm sure his baseball coach hates to see him playing QB and praying to God that he doesn't get hurt. :thumb:

Philip do you remember me?

Cody.

I used to play for Scott Whalen at OS.

We've played against each other forever.

Yea.... What position you play now? I member you beein a good third baseball and you caught a lil. I'll finally get another chance to play ya. You do still go to os don't ya? If so I'll see ya some this year. Maybe you can finally get a win against me :thumb: Haha. Good luck Cody.

Yea.... What position you play now? I member you beein a good third baseball and you caught a lil. I'll finally get another chance to play ya. You do still go to os don't ya? If so I'll see ya some this year. Maybe you can finally get a win against me :thumb: Haha. Good luck Cody.

Lol.

Pssh we won about the same amount.

I play center now.

Coach said he needed my speed in the outfield.

Who do you paly for?

LOL yea and we don't have Ryan anymore. I play for Central High. I'll be gettin alot of playin time cause we are young. You might have to run a down a couple of mine. :thumb: . Haha I'm just playin. Is most of the team ya'll had when we played still play or did most of them just quit? I can think of one ya'll would be better off without but I ain't gonna say his name. :)