Hermitage Springs @ Pickett

DCMHMSMHCC

H.S traveled to Pickett tonight. Final score being 43-39. At Half H.S was up 27-20 at the end of the 3rd it was tied 32-32{I believe is right}...With 11.0 seconds left on the clock H.S had possession of the ball score being 42-39. H.S calls time-out. Boys gave the ball to Russell to hit a 3 and misses. Bobcats get possession of ball and they call a foul on H.S with 0.3 seconds on the clock and Pickett hits 1 free throw to end the game 43-39. Good game for both teams!

Yeah, I couldn't pull it off like I did vs Clarkrange. As for the game it could have went both ways, boiled down to free throws we missed a couple and Pickett hit theirs, so it could have went either way. As for H.S. I think we are playing good and on the right tract and almost where we need to be for the tourny. The 3's are now falling for us, tonight I was 3-5 ended with 15 points, but that doesn't matter because we didn't win. Anyways very good game, both teams played very hard.

Pickett Co. over Hermitage Springs 43-39.

Edited by kaeXo

Yeah, I couldn't pull it off like I did vs Clarkrange. As for the game it could have went both ways, boiled down to free throws we missed a couple and Pickett hit theirs, so it could have went either way. As for H.S. I think we are playing good and on the right tract and almost where we need to be for the tourny. The 3's are now falling for us, tonight I was 3-5 ended with 15 points, but that doesn't matter because we didn't win. Anyways very good game, both teams played very hard.

Pickett Co. over Hermitage Springs 43-39.

two good games back to back on the road

do you have the bracket for the District tournament

Congratulations to Hermitage Springs on playing a great game. Our Bobcats reminded me of past years when big schools would come in and overlook Pickett Co., then get beat. Pickett Co. acted like they didn't have to play to win and in the first quarter seemed to be looking to set up dunks and fancy plays and didn't take Hermitage Springs seriously. The Bobcats were up 33-12 at Hermitage Springs, so I think they just didn't feel HS would do any better at Pickett. If the Bobcats play like this again, and overlook any other teams, it'll be the end of the season. There were too many missed lay ups, lack of rebounding and lax defense. HS stopped the Pickett Co. offense cold. I was impressed with Coach

Young. He them ready. No one remembers the last time HS beat Pickett, or if they have, but HS nearly pulled it off. I wouldn't want to play them in the first round of the district!

If JC beats Clay: JC and Pickett tie for 2nd, and there would be a coin flip

If Clay beats JC: Pickett is 2nd and JC is 3rd

If RBS beats Clarkrange: RBS and Clarkrange tie for 5th and there would be a coin flip.

If Clarkrange beats RBS: Clarkrange is 5th and RBS is 6th

Is all this right?

Clay is 1st

HS is 4th

Monterey is 7th

If RBS pulls the upset of Clarkrange and Clay takes care of business against JC, it could set up a interesting #3 vs #6 in the first round in JC vs Clarkrange.

Edited by ECS

That looks right to me. I think Clay Co. thinks the district is their's without having to play. Pickett proved they can play with them and can beat them. Hermitage Springs & JC gave them a scare. Clarkrange can be tough and Jackson Co. could pull it off. In the region Friendship lost to East Robertson, which Pickett beat at ER and Friendship had a tight game with Smith Co., so they are beatable. Remember Gordonsville a couple years ago? Both the district & region should be very interesting.