District 9-A.... Who takes it?

shredded cheese

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I think that everyone is pretty sure of the four teams going on to the region from this district. The real question is.... who will win it? Last year everyone had Forrest's name already on the trophy before the tourney was played and that didn't work out for them too well. So is it their's again this year :unsure: ? Just wondering what ya'll think about it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year it could go to Eagleville, Van Buren, or Forrest. Last year Forrest was the most unlikely team to win it, they just played above their head. They still advanced the furtherest in the regions with three soph., two jr., starting and one sr. off the bench. So I guess it is safe to say Cascade has a legit chance to win as well this year. Good luck to all and I dare to say that there is a clear favorite but my rockets did do a good job during the season, but now it starts all over.

Well I am lo0oking at ommunity for my first place team.... With all that talented youth it will be very hard for anyone to beat them.... LOL.. I'm joking refuge.

1. Forrest

2. VB

3. Cascade

4. Eagleville

Look for MTCS to give VB a run for there money in the first round...

I know your kidding fresh. But it is a nice thought.

VB even at home is not comming out of this ahead of Forrest or Eagleville. Both teams have played like this is their year and I can't see either one loosing that emotional punch at this point.

Forrest has the edge over eagleville when the (inevitably) meet in the chapionship game because if shankle has a real on night forrest can beat just about anybody. Eagleville while a great team does not have that one guy who can take control of a game. Absent an over the top night for shankle, eagleville comes out ahead because their guard play is significantly stronger.

Well the top 4 made it through, so who takes it? I think the finals will be Van Buren Co. vs Cascade. Forrest has a hard time beaten a team three times in a row, just look at last years season, plus with them having to travel to Van Buren Co. it may make a difference.

I think that Cascade will beat Eagleville in a close game. I think it will make a difference if Cascade has the big boy playing point guard or playing where he should down inside. If he is handling the ball Eagleville will win with ease, if he is doing what he is supposed to be doing and working inside Cascade will win it. Should be interesting to see who does what, but Coach Pope has gotten Cascade to the district finals each of the two years he has been there and they got a good seed being away from Forrest until possibly the finals... also just like the last 2 years.

I think that Van Buren Co. will win the tourney beating Cascade for it, with Forrest taking 3rd place and Eagleville 4th.

If this happens I think it will help out these district teams in the region tourney with the regular season 3rd and 4th place teams playing the other districts bottom 2 and the 2 best teams in the regular season playing the top 2 from the other side. Good luck to everyone, looking forward to see how it plays out.