District 9-A.... Who takes it?

shredded cheese

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Wow what can u say about these two teams. Three games down to the wire. It was a very exciting and physical game. VB led most of the night and the Rockets had enough left in them to hold on to a late slim lead.

Good luck VB on your next game. Way to go Rockets!!!!

[/quotewas great game yes indeed but we still got regions to go so im gonna try not to talk to much trash until then lol :thumb:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Forrest is poised to win it all... They just have that one player thats better than everyone... They have a good PG... And a solid cast of role players... They Play D. And Ezell has been stepping up big...

OH, and look for Corey Shankle to score his 1,000 point Friday night... He didn't play any his frshman year... In two years he has 1,000 points... You'll see me yelling on the front row... He is 8 away... Good Luck to both teams... It will be a fun game Friday night!

I love to talk bball, so just for fun folks:

Interesting how the betting slightly favors eEgleville. Forrest should be the favorite, by a little, but still the favorite. I wonder if its based on bball analysis or asthetics. The eagleville style is fun to watch and they come at you from so many and such unexpected directions. Forrest is predictable fundamental bball.

On the analytical side:

Forrest brings a pretty sophisticated double trap pressure defense, works the glass hard, pounds it inside until you double shankle, then turns on the open perimiter shooters with a basic inside out passing scheme. You don't normally have to worry about their guards driving, their shooters getting free off the dribble or a lot of perimeter movement. Their half court D is sound but not spectacular.

Eagleville's run and gun offense combined with a chaotic, but effective full court pressure defense lets them go on scoring runs that take other teams out of their game. They have developed a good half court zone defense and a half court motion type offense that works just because you have alot of good athletes running around looking for any chance to burn you. When they get on a roll they can drive folks crazy by switching play styles in mid stream.

For Forrest the only real challenge is to play their game. If they don't let Eagleville swarm and buzz them they walk away with the crown.

Eagleville has a harder task, they have to keep shankle in check without having to double him every time down court. That means bottling up the guards to reduce his touches. They have the people to pull it off, but I doubt the Forrest coach is going to fall for the same scheme twice. Can the eagle coach come up with a new wrinkle that his players can execute for 32 minutes? In addition they have to be able to play their own style of offense to score which inherently makes it difficult to get enough people back in an organized defense.

Forrest has to be the favorite in this game, only a mighty effort by the eagles gets them the crown this time out. That said, I think Eagleville actually has a better chance in the next round. :thumb:

Thank you! Finally someone who at least thinks Cascade is a decent team. I agree, my family and I were at the game and Cascade had their chances, but Eagleville really had a early chance to blow Cascade out, they started 12-2 on the Champions. I wondered why Coach pope didn't call timeout and so I asked him yesterday and he said that if he had called timeout it would have only fed Eagleville's confidence and made it look like Cascade was panicking. He also said that when you play good teams you have to expect them to make scoring runs at you, so why act like you think your team is going to shut them totally out. He was very complimentary of Eagleville and I agree they are a great team, I think you could see all four of our teams do well in the region, if they get the right matchups that fit their individual strengths as teams. Good luck everybody!

:lol:

Thank you! Finally someone who at least thinks Cascade is a decent team. I agree, my family and I were at the game and Cascade had their chances, but Eagleville really had a early chance to blow Cascade out, they started 12-2 on the Champions. I wondered why Coach pope didn't call timeout and so I asked him yesterday and he said that if he had called timeout it would have only fed Eagleville's confidence and made it look like Cascade was panicking. He also said that when you play good teams you have to expect them to make scoring runs at you, so why act like you think your team is going to shut them totally out. He was very complimentary of Eagleville and I agree they are a great team, I think you could see all four of our teams do well in the region, if they get the right matchups that fit their individual strengths as teams. Good luck everybody!

true true true from what i have heard we should be able to dominate at regions but we dont need to go to clarksiville thinking that we can run over everyone or we will be the one being run over but out of all the teams cascade is my pick besides my own home team the vb eagles

:lol:

true true true from what i have heard we should be able to dominate at regions but we dont need to go to clarksiville thinking that we can run over everyone or we will be the one being run over but out of all the teams cascade is my pick besides my own home team the vb eagles

I love to talk bball, so just for fun folks:

Interesting how the betting slightly favors eEgleville. Forrest should be the favorite, by a little, but still the favorite. I wonder if its based on bball analysis or asthetics. The eagleville style is fun to watch and they come at you from so many and such unexpected directions. Forrest is predictable fundamental bball.

On the analytical side:

Forrest brings a pretty sophisticated double trap pressure defense, works the glass hard, pounds it inside until you double shankle, then turns on the open perimiter shooters with a basic inside out passing scheme. You don't normally have to worry about their guards driving, their shooters getting free off the dribble or a lot of perimeter movement. Their half court D is sound but not spectacular.

Eagleville's run and gun offense combined with a chaotic, but effective full court pressure defense lets them go on scoring runs that take other teams out of their game. They have developed a good half court zone defense and a half court motion type offense that works just because you have alot of good athletes running around looking for any chance to burn you. When they get on a roll they can drive folks crazy by switching play styles in mid stream.

For Forrest the only real challenge is to play their game. If they don't let Eagleville swarm and buzz them they walk away with the crown.

Eagleville has a harder task, they have to keep shankle in check without having to double him every time down court. That means bottling up the guards to reduce his touches. They have the people to pull it off, but I doubt the Forrest coach is going to fall for the same scheme twice. Can the eagle coach come up with a new wrinkle that his players can execute for 32 minutes? In addition they have to be able to play their own style of offense to score which inherently makes it difficult to get enough people back in an organized defense.

Forrest has to be the favorite in this game, only a mighty effort by the eagles gets them the crown this time out. That said, I think Eagleville actually has a better chance in the next round. :lol:

Some interesting comment and analysis but the fact is Forrest in their last lost to Eagleville they played their type of game, slow fundlemental basketball but lost 37-34. The key to that game was Eagleville played a packed in zone the whole game, no press or half court pressure defense or helter skelter ball. Forrest could not hit the outside shot thus continueously turn the ball over trying to get the ball inside, especially in the first half. The key for Forrest is hitting the outside shot thus opening the inside for Shankle and cutting down on turnovers. They always play good defense so that want be the problem but at times they have trouble scoring, look at their loses most of them are low scoring games. Eagleville has a tendacy to be Jekly and Hyde one minute they play great and the next minute they are terrible. They need to play their A game and not have lapses on defense. Their strength is offense where Forrest strength is defense. Eagleville has more scorers thus I think it is important for Minor and Ezell to have big games for Forrest. Shankle will do well but he can not win it by himself. Also Eagleville guards have to play well. They have to cut down on the turnovers, they have struggled with the def. pressure of the Forrest guards. It should be a whale of a game. I pick Eagleville in a close one. Shanks for Eagleville has a big game.