Perry County's Kari May

CoachT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kari will be at the game tonight, she rode the bus with the team and everything. There will be something on the news about Kari and the Lady Vikings on News Channel 5 tonight at 6.

Kari had planned on attending the game last night. On her way to the game she became very sick and had to return home. However, she was still with the team in heart and spirit . . . and it showed!!

Hope you feel better soon, Kari. We're praying for you.

We sat with the Perry County fans tonight.

yep...a couple of zion fans right in the middle

of all the excitement. Kari May is loved by

many that don't even know her personally

------like us that are praying for her

strength, determination and healing!!

What an inspiration she has been for zion

and us personally! You could tell we were

strangers...until we were cheering, then

we were seen as fans of PC! We have gone

everynight of the tourney to support the

teams in our area!They have been intense!

But during the girls game and some ladies said

she had to go back to the hospital...is this

true? I would assume for more treatments??

We have had several parents from our school

and church who want to know if Kari needs

anything else besides our thoughts and prayers??

If someone reading this could PM me............

I know they want to help! We love you Kari! :blink:

We sat with the Perry County fans tonight.

yep...a couple of zion fans right in the middle

of all the excitement. Kari May is loved by

many that don't even know her personally

------like us that are praying for her

strength, determination and healing!!

What an inspiration she has been for zion

and us personally! You could tell we were

strangers...until we were cheering, then

we were seen as fans of PC! We have gone

everynight of the tourney to support the

teams in our area!They have been intense!

But during the girls game and some ladies said

she had to go back to the hospital...is this

true? I would assume for more treatments??

We have had several parents from our school

and church who want to know if Kari needs

anything else besides our thoughts and prayers??

If someone reading this could PM me............

I know they want to help! We love you Kari! :thumb:

Kari is really loving any mail she receives. It lifts her spirits. I'm sure that even with insurance the costs are great. Her address is ....Kari May P.O. Box 485 Lobelville, Tennessee 37097

Also from what I understand, a person in West Tennessee has started a movement called "HOOPS and HOPES." I believe they are simply asking as many teams as possible to send "basketball stuff" to Kari...signed balls, posters, etc...get creative. The concept is that basketball is a team effort...as is fighting cancer. Kari was playing at the middle school level when she began to have knee pain and had to be "threatened" by her coach, "Either go to the doc or you're not playing." She's a determined girl. But, prayer is most needed...she is indeed very ill.

Also from what I understand, a person in West Tennessee has started a movement called "HOOPS and HOPES." I believe they are simply asking as many teams as possible to send "basketball stuff" to Kari...signed balls, posters, etc...get creative. The concept is that basketball is a team effort...as is fighting cancer. Kari was playing at the middle school level when she began to have knee pain and had to be "threatened" by her coach, "Either go to the doc or you're not playing." She's a determined girl. But, prayer is most needed...she is indeed very ill.

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION---GREAT IDEAS!

I'll get started on it ASAP!! ;) Let's load her up with some love :)

and support! We love you Kari May!!!!

FYI---I know for sure UPS will not ship to PO boxes

--I guess it will have to go standard mail along with a card!

If someone can help? I just talked with PR Jimmy Delaney at UT and if someone can e-mail him this story he will try and get some stuff sent to Kari from the Lady Vols for some reason I cant copy and send it? If someone can send it to jdelaney@utk.edu If anyone else would like to call and thank Mr. Delaney his # is 865-974-5888 Thanks

If someone can help? I just talked with PR Jimmy Delaney at UT and if someone can e-mail him this story he will try and get some stuff sent to Kari from the Lady Vols for some reason I cant copy and send it? If someone can send it to jdelaney@utk.edu If anyone else would like to call and thank Mr. Delaney his # is 865-974-5888 Thanks

BBALLTN, I just emailed the article and picture that coacht had on the first page of this thread to Mr. Delaney.

Edited by jenni

BBALLTN, I just emailed the article and picture that coacht had on the first page of this thread to Mr. Delaney.

Great job, I was trying and it was sending everything I

have ever scanned in my computer!

BBALLTN Do you think we could email him as well...all Coach T

have computers and may not be able to call long distance! If so

I hope he is ready for a bunch of emails to come!! Thanks for

what you are doing! B)