Dudley Scores AGAIN!

thebeave

I choose to disagree based on my knowledge of the issue at hand. At one time, I was considered a man "in the know." That still applies in this arguement.

As for my definition of an idiot, I believe it is a mentally deficient person with intelligence in the lowest mesurable range.

I'm going to La Cabana to revisit the Ring of Fire.........

Dudley (and the beave) scores again......................

I don't think your basketball knowledge is an better than your spelling. It is not "mesurable," it is measurable. It is opportunity, not opprotunity.

Signing off on this post, my time is more valuable than to spend trying talking to a person who doesn't want to hear the truth.

Dudley scores again - in a Union University uniform. It could have been a UTM uniform.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all of this, you finally proved me wrong on one thing, my typing skills........

On that note, I will bow out as well. I have fielded too many phone calls, private messages (it's only $12), and e-mails telling me I am wasting my time and reminding me that you can not educate the uneducated.

Dudley scores again, it could have been for UTM as they tried harder than anyone.........

I'm going to Dyersburg.

Edited by thebeave

I'll say it.

The bottom line is this:

Division I athletics is a lot more that either one of you will ever understand. Many of what you two consider "local" players can never even qualify academically for Division I schools. That is why they are not recruited. You can't make a 14 on your ACT in DI, you can at an NAIA school. For a DI, if you chose to Prop 48 a player, you lose them (and their money) for one year at the very least. And there are more of them than either one of you know.

Also, it is a faster and stronger game than the NAIA. The players like Cavin, Dudley, and McElhiney are a much better quality athlete than UTM and this area is accustomed too. They have a different gear that rarely comes along around here. UTM recruited "local" players for years, and they have still been losing. Maybe not as bad as this year, but they have still lost. Maybe Coach Tansil wants something more from her alma mater. And lets face it, not every all-district player is college basketball material, much less Union or Division I. What is wrong with trying to get the best players from here and out of state? Why chose to lose? Your arguements make no sense!!

One of the best pure HS shooters I have ever seen was Robin Cude, but I'll bet he will tell you the game was a lot faster than he thought it would be. Years later, I know it was for me. I had no business playing DI ball right out of high school.

Take a look at the UTM football program, no local players, yet the first winning season in 10 years. Why? Because AA football isn't 5A football, and 5A football isn't college football. People like Al Wilson, Chad Clifton, and Artis Hicks are a once in a lifetime type of HS player for this area. Those three do not validate taking any kid that comes along, just because they played at their High School. The truth hurts.

And here is something else you two need to chew on. How many local kids have signed, and then quit because they are not playing, or their parents are up there everyweek griping about playing time, or people like you two do nothing but tear down the programs. Westview football is a perfect example. How many kids have ever finished a four year scholarship with them? I'll bet you can count it on one hand, in fact, I KNOW YOU CAN. Does that mean that Westview is not a good progam? Absolutly not, but maybe they weren't I-AA material.

Both of you need to support UTM. I hope Dudley scores a ton of points for Union, good for her. She could have turned UTM around by herself if she wanted to. She chose to go to school in a bigger town. Let her, and UTM, be. You two, on the other hand, should support UTM, period. Not bash those who are doing their job when you have no clue as to what is going on at UTM, or Martin for that matter (westviewman); or blindly follow UTM and support them even when their efforts leave a lot to be desired (thebeave).

In keeping with the thread, Dudley scored 36 against Westview in the loss, I guess that means.......

Dudley scored again!!!

I'll say it.

The bottom line is this:

Division I athletics is a lot more that either one of you will ever understand. Many of what you two consider "local" players can never even qualify academically for Division I schools. That is why they are not recruited. You can't make a 14 on your ACT in DI, you can at an NAIA school. For a DI, if you chose to Prop 48 a player, you lose them (and their money) for one year at the very least. And there are more of them than either one of you know.

Also, it is a faster and stronger game than the NAIA. The players like Cavin, Dudley, and McElhiney are a much better quality athlete than UTM and this area is accustomed too. They have a different gear that rarely comes along around here. UTM recruited "local" players for years, and they have still been losing. Maybe not as bad as this year, but they have still lost. Maybe Coach Tansil wants something more from her alma mater. And lets face it, not every all-district player is college basketball material, much less Union or Division I. What is wrong with trying to get the best players from here and out of state? Why chose to lose? Your arguements make no sense!!

One of the best pure HS shooters I have ever seen was Robin Cude, but I'll bet he will tell you the game was a lot faster than he thought it would be. Years later, I know it was for me. I had no business playing DI ball right out of high school.

Take a look at the UTM football program, no local players, yet the first winning season in 10 years. Why? Because AA football isn't 5A football, and 5A football isn't college football. People like Al Wilson, Chad Clifton, and Artis Hicks are a once in a lifetime type of HS player for this area. Those three do not validate taking any kid that comes along, just because they played at their High School. The truth hurts.

And here is something else you two need to chew on. How many local kids have signed, and then quit because they are not playing, or their parents are up there everyweek griping about playing time, or people like you two do nothing but tear down the programs. Westview football is a perfect example. How many kids have ever finished a four year scholarship with them? I'll bet you can count it on one hand, in fact, I KNOW YOU CAN. Does that mean that Westview is not a good progam? Absolutly not, but maybe they weren't I-AA material.

Both of you need to support UTM. I hope Dudley scores a ton of points for Union, good for her. She could have turned UTM around by herself if she wanted to. She chose to go to school in a bigger town. Let her, and UTM, be. You two, on the other hand, should support UTM, period. Not bash those who are doing their job when you have no clue as to what is going on at UTM, or Martin for that matter (westviewman); or blindly follow UTM and support them even when their efforts leave a lot to be desired (thebeave).

In keeping with the thread, Dudley scored 36 against Westview in the loss, I guess that means.......

Dudley scored again!!!

she scored 36 more times again :P has she broken 3000 yet ? jeez 2000 was just a few weeks ago...3000 is right around the corner :blink:

She is unbelievable!!! She is the best player in this district since Cavin!

Dudley scored again!!!

Good luck to the Pioneers, lets do it again in a week and a half!!!

if she would have hit that buzzard beater at the end of the game that would have been remarkable...she had 2 or 3 ppl on her and was at half court and still hit the back of the rim...that buzzard beater before half time was crazy too...keep em droppin kaitlin :blink:

Not for sure, but I think Westview and Obion play on Thursday, the other 2 on Friday!

i have a real weird feeling that milan gibson co. and haywood might be in the same bracket...yet to know who that other team might be :P...haywood ????? :blink: little bit of history with this team between westview and gibson co

Edited by GCPioneer

Not for sure, but I think Westview and Obion play on Thursday, the other 2 on Friday!

Westview plays Thursday at 6 against Ripley/Covington loser. Obion plays Northside/Haywood loser at 7:30.

Milan plays Northside/Haywood winner Friday at 6, Gibson Co. plays Ripley/Covington winner at 7:30. Semis on Monday, Final on Thursday the 2nd.