Region 6-5A.."THE" Region!

HitorBeHit

Too bad every year theres always that one guy to get on here and puff up his chest on the boards and when the season comes around hes no where to be seen... all be it franklin may have a good team next year but nothing is proven yet and wont be till December... That's when we will see what they are made of... As of right now everyones back at square one

Its not what i think of franklin son, its what i know... i was a part of that program for four years and you all have yet to prove yourselves this year. from what ive learned in high school and college football is that the championships for football are not won in the weight room... do you honestly believe that you are the only ones in the weight room?

Ahhhhh, good post!

When I was 'young' I thought I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof. A couple of weeks after I turned 18 a little 5 foot something Viet Cong got me over that notion AFTER he put a bullet into my big tail.

At this time of year EVERY team is gonna be the CHAMPIONS of the State, unfortunately they have to face the reality of there can only be ONE champion. Right now it is Ravenwood and they deserve the respect they EARNED by making it there.

All teams have to make it thru Spring and then Summer and then a full season of injuries and tough times. Then there are the intangibles like grades and will key players be healthy and or eligible. Then there are transfers and parents that have to move due to the reality of jobs and the like.

Spring is a time of renewal and the awakening of growth of every living thing. There is gonna be alot of blood, sweat and tears before this years season is over. That is the reality every team has to face right now. The ONLY way to the championship is thru hard work and NOT chest pounding and inflated egoes.

Right now every team is 0 and 0, where they are at the end of the season is yet to be written.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhh, good post!

When I was 'young' I thought I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof. A couple of weeks after I turned 18 a little 5 foot something Viet Cong got me over that notion AFTER he put a bullet into my big tail.

At this time of year EVERY team is gonna be the CHAMPIONS of the State, unfortunately they have to face the reality of there can only be ONE champion. Right now it is Ravenwood and they deserve the respect they EARNED by making it there.

All teams have to make it thru Spring and then Summer and then a full season of injuries and tough times. Then there are the intangibles like grades and will key players be healthy and or eligible. Then there are transfers and parents that have to move due to the reality of jobs and the like.

Spring is a time of renewal and the awakening of growth of every living thing. There is gonna be alot of blood, sweat and tears before this years season is over. That is the reality every team has to face right now. The ONLY way to the championship is thru hard work and NOT chest pounding and inflated egoes.

Right now every team is 0 and 0, where they are at the end of the season is yet to be written.

Amazing post... couldnt have said it better

Ahhhhh, good post!

I'm with you LOD...good call...the only thing you left out was LUCK....it always take lots of it.....

Thank you Old Lost Dad for your obvious sacrifice in Nam. Thanks to you my sons that played in this region went to college instead of some heck hole like you had to endure. I have found my new HERO! THANKS!!!!

Thank You for the kind words, but I am no hero. I am just a man that got to grow up from being a scared 18 year old like thousands that were there.

There are NOW thousands of young men that deserve our thanks and gratitude still serving. When life gets too serious think about the really bad places you could be instead of playing a great game like football and it all seems better.

Now on to something really important! When are all of y'all gonna have Spring practice?