Antioch Football

coachtut

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antioch's new coach has told a couple of assistants they would not be needed next year. He must be bringing in some new blood. It's about time Metro allowed a new coach to get some coaching help he wants.

Problem becomes if these coaches remain at the school occupying the teaching slots. It makes it difficult to hire in new coaches with no teaching positions.

Antioch's new coach has told a couple of assistants they would not be needed next year. He must be bringing in some new blood. It's about time Metro allowed a new coach to get some coaching help he wants.

You great tut, can you give us any names of the Coming or Going coaches. Very unusual for metro because teaching slots are needed for any coaches and this process happens in the summer. Are you going to take up fishing?

These coaches can coach, One was a defensive co-ordinator at the college level for 15+ years, so it is not because he can't coach. I'm not disagreeing, it just takes money out of a man's salary, for really no reason unless he just wants a friend on his staff.

Are you really trying to say that just being around for some number of years means that you're a good coach? I certainly take issue with that. Coach Woodward will try to get the best folks around him that support his style.....period

Are you really trying to say that just being around for some number of years means that you're a good coach? I certainly take issue with that. Coach Woodward will try to get the best folks around him that support his style.....period

Hey Cat, what are you taking issue about. I never said that Coach W is wrong in wanting his people. I'm saying that this coach can coach, I know this for a fact, is being ousted and this will take money out of pocket. He will land on his feet and get another coaching job. I just think he was mistreated. You are right about years and being a good coach, but this man is a good coach. Also alot of the young coaches have no idea what coaching is either. It is not about schemes and some fancy X's and O's.

Edited by runtheball

Hey Cat, what are you taking issue about. I never said that Coach W is wrong in wanting his people. I'm saying that this coach can coach, I know this for a fact, is being ousted and this will take money out of pocket. He will land on his feet and get another coaching job. I just think he was mistreated. You are right about years and being a good coach, but this man is a good coach. Also alot of the young coaches have no idea what coaching is either. It is not about schemes and some fancy X's and O's.

I wouldn't argue that....the coaching thing can be a tough gig. How was he treated poorly? I know very few details.

Mike is a close friend...and I know he wouldn't do anything underhanded...at all...! On the other hand...he is all business...but he'll do it the right way...

For the record...I was shocked Woodward took the job. He'll demand total committment...and a very high degree of discipline....what are the chances he'll get that there?

I do not know Coach W. I do know the coach let go. I just wish he would have given him a chance, even as just a position coach. He can coach and is needed with the type of athletes you are referring at Antioch. As far as being treated bad, I don't like seeing people let go without a chance to prove themselves. Also , he is losing money. I do hope and glad to hear he will have high expectations of the players and will not give in to win a game. He will have total support of the coaches and I think he will win with the players that have the right attitude. He might lose a few kids, but the kids that do what is expected will be better players in the long run. I wish him nothing but the best.

I do not know Coach W. I do know the coach let go. I just wish he would have given him a chance, even as just a position coach. He can coach and is needed with the type of athletes you are referring at Antioch. As far as being treated bad, I don't like seeing people let go without a chance to prove themselves. Also , he is losing money. I do hope and glad to hear he will have high expectations of the players and will not give in to win a game. He will have total support of the coaches and I think he will win with the players that have the right attitude. He might lose a few kids, but the kids that do what is expected will be better players in the long run. I wish him nothing but the best.

Hey RTB....sorry about your guy...sounds like he was the Head Coach.....unfortunately those guys never get picked up by the new Head Coach....not sure why...likely because of the posibility of split loyalities....may confuse the players....not knowing which guy to follow....sounds like he was a good one....he'll get picked up somewhere..."all things for a reason"

The coach let go was not the Head Coach. He was an assistant and has been there for 10 years. I'm not opposed to any coach getting his people, but not at the expense of someone's position having done nothing wrong. I know the Antioch situation as well as anyone and know that Coach W. will need some coaches like the one he has let go. Are you going to become an Antioch fan now? Best wishes to Coach W.

Edited by runtheball