Hampton vs. University High

H-Town34

Hampton has stepped their game up the last part of the season...UH has beat hampton all three games this year by: UH by 18 at the Hardee's Classic, UH by 6 at UH, and UH by 10 at Hampton...I'm taking Hampton in this game, it will suprise me if UH beats Hampton tomorrow night it is hard to beat a team that many times in the same season... Hampton has more talent than UH and they are starting to use it when they need to most...

Hampton by 6

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea hopefully this group of Hampton players (the sophmores) won't blow up and get tired of everything like last year's seniors. Last year's seniors were supposed to be the best group of talent to come through the school since at least 1974. But by their junior year, out of ten players, only Lucas Honeycutt remained. Those 10 players won back to back regional championships in junior high under Leon Tolley. I gaurantee you that if Leon Tolley was the head coach at the high school, every one of those ten would play and their would be no lack of discipline or motivation. It is a crime that he is not the head coach at Hampton High school. His record speaks for itsself. But we all know why he didn't get the job, but thats a whole other story. As for the game itsself, I hope Hampton wins, but I do not believe they will. They are peaking at the right time, but when they UH earlier, it seemed to me that they couldn't penetrate the 1-3-1 defense.

I'll go with H-town34 and say we get a win tonight, and yes I say that bc it is hard for any team to beat any team 4 times in one year. We just have to go out play hard and get it done. Lord Vader, I hope these sophmores stay too they all could do something if they stick it out...just like the group of seniors (that didnt stick it out) in my class (2005) could have done. Bouncepass we all know that your upset with the way things are going, but despite all of that...the players are playing as hard as they can, and they look like they are trying to do everything it takes to win. I think the real problem is...Most of the players on the team don't go to the gym and shoot. If you want to be good you have to work hard at it, and part of that is going to the gym and shooting everyday. I mean, I'm sure you are aware of all of that, but to me it's the biggest problem we have.

Let me make sure I've got this straight. Hampton is going to win because UH surely can't beat them for the 4th time this season despite having less talent. Why is HHS just now starting to use all this talent? UH and everyone else for that matter, gets more out of what they have than HHS. Hampton has had more talent than most teams they have played this season but that hasn't mattered. They had a chance in the last two games between the two only to self destruct in the fourth quarter. That is where their lack of discipline, fundamentals and lack of coaching shows up. They are fine the other 3 quarters because they are free wheeling. Talent can only carry you so far. I read on another thread "up and coming programs" that HHS was getting ready to get some more good classes of talent in the next couple of years but that doesn't necessarily mean anything if the talent isn't used properly.

yea you've got it straight....hampton won last night and UH surely did'nt beat them for a 4th time this season....what do you think about fridays game???

Yea hopefully this group of Hampton players (the sophmores) won't blow up and get tired of everything like last year's seniors. Last year's seniors were supposed to be the best group of talent to come through the school since at least 1974. But by their junior year, out of ten players, only Lucas Honeycutt remained. Those 10 players won back to back regional championships in junior high under Leon Tolley. I gaurantee you that if Leon Tolley was the head coach at the high school, every one of those ten would play and their would be no lack of discipline or motivation. It is a crime that he is not the head coach at Hampton High school. His record speaks for itsself. But we all know why he didn't get the job, but thats a whole other story. As for the game itsself, I hope Hampton wins, but I do not believe they will. They are peaking at the right time, but when they UH earlier, it seemed to me that they couldn't penetrate the 1-3-1 defense.

Lord Vadar, I don't think the lack of discipline or motivation that you speak of should be directed to the coaching at HHS, more so as to the players and parents. To your favor, coaching is the key factor to winning games and discipline is the key factor to a good solid ballclub, but discipline starts at home and motivation comes from within. I agree in hoping that the sophomore group don't give up on basketball, but some of them do lack both dicsipline and movtivation. Oh, and did I leave out, ate up with jealousy? Not leaving their parents out on that one. Notice how friendly the parents of the kids not playing are to the parents of the kids who are playing. Not friendly at all. These parents still running to the coach wanting their kid to be the one-man show and mad as heck, because it don't work in high school the way it did under the direction of the great elementary coach you mentioned. I believe if you want your kid to be successful, you push them to go to practice, every practice and you make them work their butt off in practice. You teach them to respect their coach, no matter their playing time. You let them know that if someone is playing over them, they need to practice harder, practice longer. Mark may have the famous last name of Hampton, but he does not pick favorites based on who you are or how much your parents raise it. He is playing his older, more expierenced talent (not to say the sophomore group is talented, only younger). This group coming up could be the one of the best teams HHS has seen in years, if they can play as a team, not just the dynamic duo.

Sounds to me ifyoucan'trunwiththeBulldogs that you are either a former disgruntled player for the great elementary coach or someone that he did not keep because of grades or behavior or maybe you are one of the older players on this team who is jealous of the younger talent, all in all it does not matter. I don't know what you are talking about with the one man show that they run at the elementary. That is ludicrous. Maybe the high school could take a few lessons on what it means to actually do what you say you are going to do. The elementary coach surely does not coddle parents or players and I can't believe that you would say that unless you were one of the above mentioned. Jealousy is a two way street.

I sure would like to know who u are bouncepass..

any way you said it best all this stuff does not matter

what matters now is that the dogs are winning and have found a team chemistry that they apperantly did not have before christmas, all in all if you are a true Hampton fan then join us and don't be agianst us for we Bulldogs should be pround of what we have acomplished in this years sports programs,

So just saying from the bottom of my heart

Let get er Done Dogs <_<

Edited by BIG DAWG 71