8AAA Tourney

jrm2x

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was something involved you can call it politics or whatever you'd like. Coach Thomas only nominated one of his players (Shootmore) and someon else nominated one. After all the BRILLIANT conversation among the coaches it was either put both of them up as one or chance neither Twilley or Stewart getting it. Now I ask, how would that have made the coaches of 8-AAA look. I commend KT for standing up for his kids and doing what was correct to protect them in that given situation.

I still believe that when you look at head on head competion between the two teams, Shelbyville and CC, Williams should have tried to learn from the play of Stewart and Twilley. I'm not taking anything away from him at all but he is not the player the other two are. Last night in the District championchip game he had 7 points. WOW, that is not the least bit impressive.

This reminds me of when Peyton Manning was beat out of the Heisman Trophy by the kid from Michigan and I can't even remember his name.

There was something involved you can call it politics or whatever you'd like. Coach Thomas only nominated one of his players (Shootmore) and someon else nominated one. After all the BRILLIANT conversation among the coaches it was either put both of them up as one or chance neither Twilley or Stewart getting it. Now I ask, how would that have made the coaches of 8-AAA look. I commend KT for standing up for his kids and doing what was correct to protect them in that given situation.

PS..Charles Woodson

I still believe that when you look at head on head competion between the two teams, Shelbyville and CC, Williams should have tried to learn from the play of Stewart and Twilley. I'm not taking anything away from him at all but he is not the player the other two are. Last night in the District championchip game he had 7 points. WOW, that is not the least bit impressive.

This reminds me of when Peyton Manning was beat out of the Heisman Trophy by the kid from Michigan and I can't even remember his name.

Well I guess everyone has their opinions which is splendid. I guess ETSU has theirs about who they feel is the best for their needs. Hopefully the 2 SHS players will sign with someone too. My last statement before I leave this topic for good is that Williams only had to play the point, be the leading scorer, & grab the boards against just about all of their schedule. If he had a more athletic cast around him like SHS he wouldn't have had to play in the bottom of the 2-3 but also guard the opponents best. But again I digress its only an opinion. All were outstanding choices for MVP & I wouldn't have wanted to decide if I were KT.

Edited by fuzby

The Franklin Co coach had a lot to do with Williams sharing the MVP. Unbelieveable! The Stewart kid is a very humble young man. He handle being in Twilley's shadow his fr, soph and jr yr, sharing the MVP and being nominated for Mr Basketball with humbleness and grace.

Nice post wingman you are correct in all your observations

Well I guess everyone has their opinions which is splendid. I guess ETSU has theirs about who they feel is the best for their needs. Hopefully the 2 SHS players will sign with someone too. My last statement before I leave this topic for good is that Williams only had to play the point, be the leading scorer, & grab the boards against just about all of their schedule. If he had a more athletic cast around him like SHS he wouldn't have had to play in the bottom of the 2-3 but also guard the opponents best. But again I digress its only an opinion. All were outstanding choices for MVP & I wouldn't have wanted to decide if I were KT.

ETSU coach saw Twilley play in GA in the 4th game in 4 days and said Twilley wasnt explosive as he thought he was. Never mind the fact it was his 4th game in 4 days. So it was Twilley who was turned off to ETSU because of such a crazy assessment. I imagine 100% of players would lose explosion after that many games in as many days and playing 30 minutes a game. As for Stewart pretty sure they are and were never on his list anyway, but they are crazy and so are you if you think Williams is better than Stewart. In fact the comment I heard was that ETSU had said themselves they did not think they could get him so they were not going to waste the time in recruiting him. But both were planning to sign after the season reguardless. And there are plenty of options. Last thing how does two guys up for Mr basketball and both of them were even though Twilley is not on the last three share MVP with a player who could not have a better than .500 record in their district or overall?