Div. 1 Dream Team vs. Div. II Dream Team

FromFieldtoPitch

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only a matter of time, I guess, for this old topic to be rehashed again with this year’s winners. I suppose the original poster’s intent was well intentioned; however, the thread inevitably has degenerated into discussing pointless hypothetical matches between opponents who will never actually see each other. Normally, I would refrain from posting, but since a large portion of this thread involves my brother Dean and accusations that a “Mr. Smith” is a poster, I felt obligated to at least save some face.

A match between Dean and Creagan (or any other of the fantasy match ups) would have been nice; however, now that the season is over, such a discussion really does nothing more than undermine both their championships. Even trying to analyze common opponents or tournament credentials does nothing more than insult other wrestlers who aren’t even involved in the original fiction.

Creagen is a very impressive wrestler and undefeated. Tolbert clearly came into his own at the state. Joslin would have had a great chance at being in the finals had he not been injured all season. Dean is undefeated and one of four Tennessee wrestlers to win McCaulie, where he beat both the Ga. 5A 1st and 4th placers. As a result threads like these only undermine each of their achievements.

Lastly, to prophesize the result of hypothetical matches really doesn’t benefit anyone. And I say prophesize because that’s what posts like this are:

“D-1 wins 32-9, with D-2 only winning at 125, 135, 171.”

Message boards are great at making it real easy to make bold statements with absolutely no factual support.

Daniel Smith

It was only a matter of time, I guess, for this old topic to be rehashed again with this year’s winners. I suppose the original poster’s intent was well intentioned; however, the thread inevitably has degenerated into discussing pointless hypothetical matches between opponents who will never actually see each other.

Message boards are great at making it real easy to make bold statements with absolutely no factual support.

Daniel Smith

Well written post, Daniel. I can respect what you have to say. However, message boards are also great for getting people more excited and involved in sports that they are interested and involved in. Sure, it's meaningless to conjecture as to how these fictional matchups would pan out, but at the same time, it's fun to hear different opinions and talk about it anyway. Neither Smith nor Creagan runs a risk of having their championships undermined by our banter.

Opinions are opinions, facts are facts - Smith and Creagan are State Champs. By your reaction to the post stating that DI would run away with the fictional match, I assume that you have some opinions of your own, even if it is in regard to a fantasy situation.

Don't take this thread too seriously. It's for entertainment purposes only. Congratulations to your brother, yourself, and your family on the championship. I'm sure it's a great feeling.

Primarily, my post was in response to some assumptions that the posts talking up Dean were written by a "Mr. Smith". I wanted it to be clear that they weren't and that we aren't in the business of praising ourselves.

I have nothing against coacht's forums. In fact, i enjoy coming here and checking out all the various opinions. I, of course, have opinions of my own. And I appreciate the congrats.

It was only a matter of time, I guess, for this old topic to be rehashed again with this year’s winners. I suppose the original poster’s intent was well intentioned; however, the thread inevitably has degenerated into discussing pointless hypothetical matches between opponents who will never actually see each other. Normally, I would refrain from posting, but since a large portion of this thread involves my brother Dean and accusations that a “Mr. Smith” is a poster, I felt obligated to at least save some face.

A match between Dean and Creagan (or any other of the fantasy match ups) would have been nice; however, now that the season is over, such a discussion really does nothing more than undermine both their championships. Even trying to analyze common opponents or tournament credentials does nothing more than insult other wrestlers who aren’t even involved in the original fiction.

Creagen is a very impressive wrestler and undefeated. Tolbert clearly came into his own at the state. Joslin would have had a great chance at being in the finals had he not been injured all season. Dean is undefeated and one of four Tennessee wrestlers to win McCaulie, where he beat both the Ga. 5A 1st and 4th placers. As a result threads like these only undermine each of their achievements.

Lastly, to prophesize the result of hypothetical matches really doesn’t benefit anyone. And I say prophesize because that’s what posts like this are:

“D-1 wins 32-9, with D-2 only winning at 125, 135, 171.”

Daniel Smith

Why is it everyone thinks Frankie Morgan beats Derek Walker, when Derek handled Frankie fairly easily already this year?

Did Walker face the Clarksville kid this year?

I think Frankie was i the zone at State. He faced Shane Reviez twice this year and each match was close. However, at State Frankie brought his A game and showed that during his last 2 matches. :angry: