Cleveland vs. Cumberland Co...round 3

I thought we were discussing the CCHS vs CLEVELAND game friday night? Let's let the girls leave it on the floor & prove who the best team is. LADY JETS win this one friday night by 5 points in regulation. In the last meeting between these two great teams at CHS, the LADY JETS came up a little short in double OT. It will be a hard fought game but the CCHS depth off the bench will make the difference. Both teams should be ready to play hard but CCHS will find a way to win this district title game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody said on here that Mcminn was better or that Bradley was better than Cumberland or Cleveland. Somebody said that these two were sideshows and I think that is a little bit off. In District 5AAA anything can happen. At this point I would go with McMinn and Cumberland as the two strongest teams. Your point of WV being as good as any of the above is a little off base. They beat none of the above at any time except early in the season beat CHS without Simpson. I think these four are fairly evenly matched but would say that Cleveland is third best and Bradley fourth best in the district but that doesn't mean that any of them can't beat any of them next week. BTW, have you watched Leah Frazier and Shonda Smith lately? Two of the best players and most underrated in the district. They would start for any of the above teams. Harris would too.

No someone stated that the 4 teams are very close and someone else stated that BCHS and McMinn are sideshows. If you look I disagreed with both those statements, but I think at the end of the season CHS was much improved by their 10+ point victories over BCHS and the fact that they did beat CCHS. Ibelieve that they are basically 10 points better than everyone else on a neutral court. Of course on any given night anything can happen! I will pick CCHS by 3, but would rather see CHS win.

This time last year the roles were reversed- Cleveland and CCHS had split regular season games but Cleveland was favored. When Cleveland won the district (or was it region or both?) both teams continued to show great respect for one another and to support each other along the way. I admired that last year and hope they continue with that great level of good sportsmanship, regardless of the outcome of Friday's Championship game. Of course I am pulling for the Lady Jets but hope to see Cleveland and / or any other District 5AAA team do well in the post season.

This is a tough district and hats off to all of the teams this season for keeping each game so close. Let's not tear these kids apart- they have all been excelent this season.

You've started another good one Clevelandblueraiderfan. I've just done a little research on CoachT. The combined win loss record for CCHS, McMinn Co, Bradley, CHS and Walker Valley is 109 - 38. Of the 38 losses, 20 were district losses. Take them out and you have an astounding 84% win record. All 5 teams have 20+ wins with the exception of McMinn Co...I wouldn't bet oldest pair of underwear against them ending the season with 20, perhaps more. Yes, WV does have 10 losses; however with the exception of the late season loss to Oak Ridge, WV has not lost a single game by more than 10 points and that was the loss to CCHS at Crossville, a game that was really closer than that. The game at WV was just as close.

The point of all this is to emphasise what has happened in 5 AAA this year. It is the best district in the state. Outcomes of games between these 5, this year, were never guaranteed. Any of these teams would win almost any other state of Tennessee district, regular season, championship this year...all 5 are that good. Since there are no guarantees, we do have to play the games. My bet (my best baseball cap) is that CCHS, CHS, McMinn Co., and Bradley will comprise the final 4 in region play. If 10 teams went to the region, WV would be in the final 5. Here's the fact...We have been a part of phenominal occurrence. We have competed in a district that has 5 teams that can play with the best teams this state has to offer. Savor it while it lasts...you'll likely never be a part of anything like this again.

Whew...OK, clevelandblueraiderfan, back to your original question. I remember the district championship in Crossville last year. It was the absolute best girls basketball game I've ever seen. I like to think I'd say that even we (CCHS) had come out on the loosing end. It was a classic...a 32 minute battle and it wasn't decided until the buzzer sounded. Two things I know for sure: 1) if we knew the outcome ahead of time, we wouldn't have to play Friday; 2) you don't have to go to Thompson Boling on Sunday to see the best ladies basketball in the state this weekend...go to Bradley this Friday.

Picking my Lady Jets in a battle. I wouldn't dare attempt a point spread.

Me personally i have the Lady Jets by 5. I think it will be a close game but the Lady Jets will pull through because we have the best point guard in the state in my opinon. Casha Foster is an inpeterible force that can't be stopped she plays the best defense in all of district play. Me personally keeping stats for the Lady Jets, the game will be off the chain. Peace out.

I'm a Foster Chlid