Cosby, Culleoka, Grace, etc...

JWhumboldt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby plays Midway (#1 vs #4) in the District 3-A semifinals Thursday at 6:30 PM (Broadcast at WLIK.NET)

They play in the District 3-A Consolation or Finals on Saturday at 6:30 (Consolation) or 8 (FINALS) -- Again Broadcast at WLIK.NET

Regional Quarterfinals Tuesday one week from yesterday

Regional Semis are Thursday

Regional Finals are that Friday.

Which one of these teams from the Middle or East is the best? Or is it a different team? Also need info about dates of games in their Regional Tournaments, etc...

I still think Friendship can play with anyone. 25-3 and has beat the other district in our region [Clay County ] #1 seed twice. But as the other post says we will just have to wait 'til they play and see. Good Luck and hope to see ya in the 'boro! ;)

culleokas getting a late start on their district play getting their first round game tonight against a underrated huntland team.....will let you know about the regionals....as far as your question you have to go with cosby as of right now...28-1 its hard to go against that and until someone beats them you have to pick them as the favorite...however the culleokas and graces and fcs' are very quality teams that will make deep runs

culleokas getting a late start on their district play getting their first round game tonight against a underrated huntland team.....will let you know about the regionals....as far as your question you have to go with cosby as of right now...28-1 its hard to go against that and until someone beats them you have to pick them as the favorite...however the culleokas and graces and fcs' are very quality teams that will make deep runs

c-rep isn't it nice how we in mid and east show genuine respect for each other... this whole2/3 of the state respects what other teams are doing... wish we could teach some of our neighbors to the west that same respect!! oh by the way ya'll are getting the same start we are getting our 1st round game is tonite also good luck ;)

c-rep isn't it nice how we in mid and east show genuine respect for each other... this whole2/3 of the state respects what other teams are doing... wish we could teach some of our neighbors to the west that same respect!! oh by the way ya'll are getting the same start we are getting our 1st round game is tonite also good luck ;)

i couldnt have said it any better....however lake co. shows some love and i respect them for it...plus they might be the best team in the west....what stinks about the mid and east...."assuming" we got out of substate we would most likely either play FCS or GRACE in the first round of state....so only one of three of the best teams on this side of the state....which stinks...but whoever comes out of that first round oughta make a big run

Which one of these teams from the Middle or East is the best? Or is it a different team? Also need info about dates of games in their Regional Tournaments, etc...

Whumboldt most of us in mid are playing districts this week i only know our region will be played in Watertown next week and here are the teams and seeds

District 7

1 Clay County

2 Jackson County

3 Pickett County

4 Clarkrange

District 8

1 Friendship

2 Gordonsville

3 Westmoreland

4 Trousdale County

That is the seedings as of now but these team will be playing tonite and Friday for seeding in the region.

Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking about making a trip to Middle or East TN, but I want to see the best 1A teams, preferably in their Region Tournament. Any more info would be helpful. Thanks.

JW you are one of few people from the west who have kept it real on here... if you send a post on here Sat. i will give you times for our region They will be at Watertown straight down I-40 and take exit 239A. Look forward to someone actually seeing some teams from mid play. GOOD LUCK :thumb:

I think that the region match ups between Cosby, Wartburg Central, Rockwood and Oneida will all be good games regardless how the district finals shake them up. I haven't seen Oneida this year, or Rockwood but they are good coached teams and will seemingly always try to find a way to win against better competition. The region tournament in Oneida will definately be a good one to see as well.

I haven't seen too much on Middle or West TN, But I am looking forward to some of the best basketball to be played in Murfreesboro. That is when if will all be ultimately decided anyway

i couldnt have said it any better....however lake co. shows some love and i respect them for it...plus they might be the best team in the west....what stinks about the mid and east...."assuming" we got out of substate we would most likely either play FCS or GRACE in the first round of state....so only one of three of the best teams on this side of the state....which stinks...but whoever comes out of that first round oughta make a big run

I've been to enough State tournaments to realize that all of the teams are tough..I'm from Lake Co and will admit some of our fans go overboard as far as our team goes but we believe we have the talent to beat anyone,same as your respective teams..We are going to have trouble just getting to the region championship..Humboldt looks to be a shoe-in because of the brackets and Lake Co and U.C. should fight it out for the other spot..Good luck to all your teams....A lot of the Lake Co fans are really posting back at Middleton and Temple and Grace,who all seem to think that we should just hand them the gold ball..Lake Co Falcon fan,cheerchick ,etc..definitely get their two cents in on these posts..But they are just proud of Lake Co and the lack of exposure we are getting,even in West Tenn..A month ago ..all you heard was U.C..Plus ..we all bleed green..