Region 6AA Tournament

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Well allow me the be the first Sycamore supporter to say congrats to Bolivar Central on a tremendous win tonight at Lexington. Final Score:

Bolivar Central (28-9): 65

Sycamore (26-4): 32

This marks the third time in the past five years that Bolivar has ended Sycamore's basketball season. In '01-'02 the Tigers beat the War Eagles first ever group of seniors in the substate by a score of 79-56. Two years ago the teams met again in the substate and Bolivar beat Sycamore 61-51 in what was Barry Jones' final game as Sycamore's head basketball coach. Tonight Bolivar ended the War Eagles season once again and ended the playing careers of seven War Eagles seniors. Jesse Moulton, Brian Bullard, Reece Crawford, Jacob Forbes, Steven True, Chad Scott, and Bryan Hawkins. Congrats to all of you guys on what was an outstanding four years and your senior year was great. Congrats to Coach Brian Farmer on a great first year at the helm of the basketball program at Sycamore. Despite having to deal with off the court drama you held this team together (Coach Tinch did a great job in the interim coach role) and finished as the District 11AA Champions of 2005-2006.

Bolivar showed why they should still be considered the best team in the state in Class AA tonight. Willie Kemp played like a guy who's going to sign to play college basketball for one of the nation's Top Five programs. He had 21 points on the night and really got his team off to a great start with two three's right out of the gates. Wayne Chism showed why he will be playing for the best team in the SEC right now by adding 16 points and shutting out John Kinman tonight. Jeremy Rhodes played like the next big thing in Bolivar by finishing the night with a double/double (10 points & 10 rebounds). Kendrick Madden's all around play (rebounding, scoring, and defense) proves why he has made a state championship team even better after coming from a team that won a state title one year ago. Madden finished the night with 9 points and held War Eagles star Jesse Moulton to 10 points on the night (Moulton lit Lexington up for 24 last weekend).

Good Luck to the Bolivar Central Tigers the rest of the way and I hope that you guys do 3-PEAT as champions of Class AA. Rick Rudesil is a great coach and he coaches a great team full of athletes that are great because of the main fact that they work their tails off night in and night out to be #1. I look forward to seeing you guys play in Murfreesboro in a couple of weeks. Bring the A-GAME that you beat Liberty three times with and crushed Sycamore tonight with and I promise that you guys will be State Champs when all is said and done.

I look for Sycamore to keep that fast growing tradition of excellence going in Pleasant View next year. Austin Lohin and John Kinman both return to lead the way for the War Eagles who will look to defend their district title in what promises to be an even better District 11AA in 2006-2007. Guys like Aaron Nicholson, Murray Harris, Derek Cannon, Ethan Binkley, Tyler Huston, and Travis Dempsey will have to step up big to fill the shoes of some departing seniors who will really be missed. Good Luck in 2006-2007 Sycamore!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN, best of luck to Bolivar in the championship game :)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i just have to say before the Bolivar vs Liberty Round 4 talk starts, when i go Thursday, I want to see a fair, clean called basketball game. I was heavily disappointed and the calls made last time and also the game itself. THIS IS BASKETBALL, NOT FOOTBALL. Enough with the elbowing and pushing from both teams. And that same referee that shows up to every game that Bolivar plays on the road. I don't know his name, but he needs to make better calls this game for Liberty and not just for Bolivar. I still predict my team Liberty to come out with the victory anyway. Can't wait to see it!

Edited by lilromane

hey bignasty

if sycamore wins tuesday, they r guaranteed 2 more games genious

speaking of more games

bignasty and hhsnumber1fan, when is your next guys game?

hahahahahahaha o wait

i think i know the answer to that

so stay on your girls basketball forum

Hey hlfan68 I hope you had a good time tonight watching the most lopsided game of the regions. Oh and I have seen you the last two games and why do you keep wearing that same stupid hawaiin shirt, dont act like thats not you because I know it is.

Oh and when is your next guys game, hahahahhahahah o wait i think i know the answer to that. So stay on the girls forum o wait nevermind, just go to the cheerleader forum. :thumb:

Good luck to liberty and bolivar I enjoyed watching both of your teams.

ok, i just have to say before the Bolivar vs Liberty Round 4 talk starts, when i go Thursday, I want to see a fair, clean called basketball game. I was heavily disappointed and the calls made last time and also the game itself. THIS IS BASKETBALL, NOT FOOTBALL. Enough with the elbowing and pushing from both teams. And that same referee that shows up to every game that Bolivar plays on the road. I don't know his name, but he needs to make better calls this game for Liberty and not just for Bolivar. I still predict my team Liberty to come out with the victory anyway. Can't wait to see it!

Agree with ALL that...except your prediction!

Uh, and the part about that ref showing up at every(?) game the Tigers play on the road? Have you been at all of 'em?

Hey..no offense but let's keep it real instead of implying that he's at every game and in BCHS pocket. That could go both ways really. But as I've said...that's ALL in the past now no matter what.

Let's hope for good refs that'll let them play!

Edited by firefulmer

I won't say I told you so but I will say two words that I have said for a while. You have to admit, I was right. OVER RATED

sycamore, congratulations on a great season. You were the best in 11 AA. Moulton, you are the man in shooting.

But saying once again, Sycamore was a really good team, but not a great team. That was proved tonight. also, the comment I made earlier that Sycamore was good shooters and played good team ball but didn't have great athletes. Tonights game is what I meant!!!!! Bolivar has great athletes.

Catfish, admit it, I was right. :thumb:

The first time I saw Liberty this year, I thought, how could Bolivar beat them? But after seeing Liberty three times and Bolivar twice, I have to say, Bolivar is the team. They will repeat as State Champions. That does not take away anything from Liberty, they are a great team and I fully expect them to finish as runner up in the state.

You are going to be my version of TheSmoothJuker for this week "son" :thumb:

If you are there tomorrow night you'll know who I am because I'll be the one calling you out after the "upset" takes place. BOOK IT!!!!!

I did'nt hear you but after losing by 33 I would have left quietly to SON

Agree with ALL that...except your prediction!

Uh, and the part about that ref showing up at every(?) game the Tigers play on the road? Have you been at all of 'em?

Hey..no offense but let's keep it real instead of implying that he's at every game and in BCHS pocket. That could go both ways really. But as I've said...that's ALL in the past now no matter what.

Let's hope for good refs that'll let them play!

well...he's at every Bolivar and Liberty game, and i'm not saying he gives these games to Bolivar, but he's refeereed at every one of these games. Maybe it a coincidence, but we will see Thursday.

Ahhhhhhh Those Green Tigers are what we call magnificooo - 3 PEAT - BOOK IT DUDES!!!!!!!

Boys you got to go through DA MAN if you want a GOLD BALL!!!

Go Willie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

3 PEAT

Sorry Firfulmer, but I left all the pies with Gardner, but be careful I heard there are so many pies left that there will be big pie fight after the championship game.. got to blow of some steam somehow ...........

well...he's at every Bolivar and Liberty game, and i'm not saying he gives these games to Bolivar, but he's refeereed at every one of these games. Maybe it a coincidence, but we will see Thursday.

Yeah.

Anyway...let 'em play! Sure I'd love to blow you guys out of the water same as you'd want to get us...but I expect a good one---IF not a great one.

Ahhhhhhh Those Green Tigers are what we call magnificooo - 3 PEAT - BOOK IT DUDES!!!!!!!

Boys you got to go through DA MAN if you want a GOLD BALL!!!

Sorry Firfulmer, but I left all the pies with Gardner, but be careful I heard there are so many pies left that there will be big pie fight after the championship game.. got to blow of some steam somehow ...........

Guess you'll be cooking some more pie next season! NO. I KNOW you'll be cooking more!

All BS aside, did you go to the game? What did you think really?

I mean, we always listen on the radio from tip until Rick post game, but w/ 3 little ones less than 9 yrs...makes it tough in a crowd to go.

But at MTSU...forget about it!...we're going no matter what! I beleive we'll be there and I want to see these Seniors and ALL the other guys go for their goal!

I know. We still gotta get there guys! I know. No OVERconfidence here.

But anyway...how'd they look (if you went)? Pretty sure I know...but just wondering.