District 6AA Tournament

ChattanoogaBall30

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurick gets alot of blocks because smart coaches go at him. I heard CCS's coach get on to his post players for not shooting against him. I think the idea is to go at him and make him foul you. I believe that is what CCS was doing. That's why he had so many blocks. (not to down play him) He is good and has so much potential as a sophomore.

he also played smart by not leaving his feet to go after the block. being so much taller, he rarely needed to leave his feet at all. he did foul out though with about 7 or so minutes left in the 4th. 2 or 3 of those were offensive too... if he learns to stop hooking the defender and go straight at them then he will be much better. he also needs to work on finishing close to the rim. if a team boxes out correctly and if the refs call it, he'll get a lot of over the back calls against him after missed shots.

But he is ONLY a sophmore and they aren't quite developed yet. he will be an amazing player in the next couple of years.

And I also agree with the statement about CCS being a hard team to beat. they were playing 3 freshmen on the floor at times during both games. the point guard is leaving and will be a huge loss handling the ball. they've already begun letting Stephen Cook run the point at times to start getting used to doing it at the high school level. watch out.

who cares about next year right now though.

we've still got 3 weeks of basketball left.

CCS and Howard look to be the future of 6AA. i agree with everything said about CCS but the same goes for Howard, they only have 2 seniors and no disrespect to them, they do not play very much. they had 2 jrs, 2 sophs, and a freshman on the court for majority of the championship game. but the sleeper in the young talent department is East Ridge, people tend to forget that Jurick is just a SOPHOMORE.... this kid is goin to be something special. he is a beast on the boards, crashes hard, and has a great stroke... if he ever applies himself watch out. another thing, coach goddard always replaces his talent leaving with equally good players.

As far as the district tourny goes, it wasn't disappointing whatsoever. the teams played their hearts out and i think there was only one or two blowouts the entire tourny. there's a lot of good talent in this district and these boys put on a great show. i do want to touch on one thing..... best player in the district was always a toss up throughout the year but i think this past week proved that Wells from east ridge is the man in that district. he stepped up his game when he needed to and he didn't disappoint. him and taylor went head-to-head in the championship and taylor couldn't handle him. taylor is a great player in his own right, don't get me wrong, 2nd best player, his game isn't anything to roll your eyes about.

anyway, best of luck to everyone in 6AA that made it to region, represent us well, and for the teams who's season is over, work hard and looking forward to a competitive season in the fall.