Who do you think will be the team to beat in Area II next year

hms10!!!

King,

That's a little ridiculous. Tell me one team in Scott County (other than Burchfield) that Wartburg has dominated to the point that boys or girls in Area II aren't competitive. Let's see.....Wartburg boys haven't beaten Oneida in many years, WCMS girls only beat Oneida this year, Fairview boys dominated WCMS until this year, Fairview girls split with WCMS girls. I don't think that WCMS has played Huntsville, Robbins boys have beaten WCMS 2 of 3 times dating back to last year. I don't think WCMS has played any other school up there.

In Morgan County, WCMS boys won the county for the first time in like 3 or 4 years, and the girls finished 4th. Hardly uncompetitive!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COURTKING, YOU SAY THE BALANCE OF POWER HAS SHIFTED AND WCMS CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO SCOTT CO. TEAMS. IN THE LAST 7 OR 8 YEARS WCMS HAS, I THINK 3 AREAII CHAMPIONSHIPS AND A RUNNER-UP, IN GIRLS. FOR THE BOYS THEY HAVE 2 OR 3 RUNNER-UPS. WHAT HAS SCOTT CO. DONE LATELY. :lol: YOU SAY THEY WAS DOWN AND HAVE TROUBLE, THE BOYS PLAYED MAINLY 7TH. GRADERS AND WERE 14-4. ALOT OF SCHOOLS WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A YEAR LIKE THAT. GOOD JOB COACH JONES FOR A DOWN YEAR. :lol:

Edited by BADBANDIT

:thumb:

Hey King,

Why don't you keep to running your program and stay out of ours! I think I've had this coversation with you in person and now I'm going to have to do it on here. Stay out of our program and away from our players!!! Your opinions count very little in the long run enjoy the fruits of your labor in your current coaching position and leave Wartburg business to Wartburg!

We're very happy with our current situation as it is!

Go Dogs!

:D Uhh..Wartburg Dawgs stink....They wont have any one worth nothin next year..just like this year...where did they go ...NO WHERE...it will be the same next year

Not interested in wartburg......boys or girls......lots of hype not substance. Last year all I heard was how good their 7th grade class is. Their team was supposed to be the best....4th in morgan county.....not great....hardly worth the effort. They'll be very short in both size and talent. I'm not impressed with them considering we've got the Anderson girl.

AII predictions for 06-07

Girls

Fairview - Anderson is like a Woman playing against little girls

Oneida - Good solid team

Coalfield- They still have Jordan (That'll be enough)

Oakdale - Good Guards

CCCA - 17-1 this season

Wartburg - out in 1st round of the AII Tournament (short and slow)

Boys

Oneida - size and speed

Huntsville - shooting and speed

Robbins - size and speed (want to run now coach jones)

Fairview - returns a solid group

Wartburg - lucky to make it to the second round (would you like some hotdog with your mustard

I'm not hatin on "the burg" but I just call em like I see em.

Sounds to me like you better do some thinking on those Wartburg Lady Dogs for next season. They may be small, but they will be the quickest team. They also have alot of talent in the upcoming 7th graders.May not be pretty for which ever team you are for. Those Dogs are going to be unstoppable too. Got some talent coming in. And with the coaches they have, we will have to see.

It's pretty crazy to sit on here and speculate about some team being bad or good. I think most people thought Petros Joyner (girls) wasn't going to be very good but they were the strongest team in Area II. The Wartburg boys surprised me a lot this year. They were a lot better this year than I thought they would be. I think Coach Jones done a great job with them. They bought into his system and played well. With the kids at this age they can grow so much between seasons that someone who could barely start on JV can be a very good contributor or a starter on varsity the next year. If Coach Jones can continue to get his boys to buy into his system and get ALL of them to play team ball, the sky is the limit for this team next year. Blakney and AJ was a big loss but most teams lose 4 or 5 starters each year and they're only losing 2.

On the Wartburg girls side it will be a toss up. If some girls grow over the off season and work hard they could be very good. It's true they will probably be small but they are talented and fast.

Remember championship are won in the off-season.

I think that OMS will be the team to beat. Cause they have guards and post that are good. HMS has Sexton,Brooks, and Jeffers but they are all guards they aren't gonna have a post to stay on Oneida's Skylar Chambers. Also Wartburg has Shannon and i think they might get 3rd. I dont think they can beat OMS or HMS. Robbins has Griffith they wont be able to stick with oms or hms.

Based on all the things I recall from the season and which teams have returning players I'll take a stab at this, too.

In the boys division I would think the Oneida Boys will again lead the pack simply because of the depth that their seventh grade class provided this years team. They have 5 players that would have been a formitable team this year! Remember these names: Manis, Stephens, Chambers, Laxton, and McCartt. Wartburg should be solid again with the return of 4 starters, they gave the Indians a great game at their place. I'd say they should have little trouble finding another good fundamental player. Huntsville will be hard pressed to replace their size inside, but they have athletic, quick guards which will again make them dangerous! I would think Fairveiw can muster up some more of those slick guards they have had in the past. If they are out there, look for Festus to have his stamp on'em!

The girls could be wide open or someone will step up this summer. Which team that is will be anybodies guess. Fairview (Anderson) and Coalfield (Jordan) return the best individual players in the district. The question for those two is how far the supporting cast comes. If they have to carry the load themselves, thats asking a lot of a kid. Oneida, Oakdale, and Wartburg can each have contending squads if their kids have good off-seasons. We'll have to wait and see! Petros loses so much quality it would be hard to see them making it back to the top, but the lack of respect made them a tough team to beat this year. The preseason order would go something like this Coalfield, Fairview, Oneida, Oakdale, Warburg, Huntsville, Petros, and Jellico. By the way, I'm sure I'm dead wrong on this one!

:huh: Kaz B)

It's pretty crazy to sit on here and speculate about some team being bad or good. I think most people thought Petros Joyner (girls) wasn't going to be very good but they were the strongest team in Area II. The Wartburg boys surprised me a lot this year. They were a lot better this year than I thought they would be. I think Coach Jones done a great job with them. They bought into his system and played well. With the kids at this age they can grow so much between seasons that someone who could barely start on JV can be a very good contributor or a starter on varsity the next year. If Coach Jones can continue to get his boys to buy into his system and get ALL of them to play team ball, the sky is the limit for this team next year. Blakney and AJ was a big loss but most teams lose 4 or 5 starters each year and they're only losing 2.

On the Wartburg girls side it will be a toss up. If some girls grow over the off season and work hard they could be very good. It's true they will probably be small but they are talented and fast.

Remember championship are won in the off-season.

Didn't you think that they were going to be better last year then they turned out to be?