Steve Logsdon

CAM10

I bet the Clevelands would love to have all that money back that they didn't spend on tuition since Cody had one of those mythical "scholarships" that everyone who isn't at Baylor or McCallie thinks that everyone at Baylor and McCallie is getting. Amazing how this urbane myth perpetuates itself.

i apologize if i made a false statement. thankyou for the correction, but they do give some type of financial aid. now i do recall cody speaking of the astronomical amount that his parents forked over, but nonetheless, he was a tullahoma wrestler born and raised. and they lost him to the amazingly notarized reputation of mccallie.

if i am completely mislead and relying soley on rumors.... feel free to correct me!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cbq: If Masterblasters figures are correct Coach Logsdon coached his team to two Duals titles in four years before the split. He started in 1992 or 1993 if my facts are straight. Bradley won two, Mcallie won two and Overton and Father Ryan one apiece.Lets see thats 33 per cent and tied with McCallie the dominant team of that era. Not bad huh cbq? Some will never accept the accomplishments that Bradlley has attained over the years. Too successful for those who dislike Bradley to handle. Baylor has had quite a string the last several years. No one downplays the accomplishments of Coach Morgan and the great teams they have had.Both programs are solid as are McCallie, Soddy etc.These, as the Blaster says are the facts, just the facts. Whether everyone wants to read them as they are, and give credit to either program is really irrelevant. All these teams accomplishments are in the history books and no matter what or why anyone wishes them to read differently will not change a thing.

I bet the Clevelands would love to have all that money back that they didn't spend on tuition since Cody had one of those mythical "scholarships" that everyone who isn't at Baylor or McCallie thinks that everyone at Baylor and McCallie is getting. Amazing how this urbane myth perpetuates itself.

walkenvol,

Is it not true that Cody Cleveland and all of the McCallie & Baylor wrestlers get a 100% paid wrestling scholarship plus an additional $800.00 per month spending allowance & demo car to drive? Has Baylor not hired the former East German sports scientist to give their athletes a "MAGIC PILL" that makes them get stronger & quicker without going into the weightroom?

Edited by cbg

Steve, the ante has been uped. All that was mentioned before + a field of corn and some taters too!!!!!! We'll throw in a piece of cardboard for them holes in the windows of your new, well almost new, doublewide. I think I left out the part about the holes in the windows. Sorry, I got mad at one of my wrestlers at practice the other day and had to vent. I'll put the cardboard over the hole for ya! How about it Steve?

Brickhousechick, I know you all can't beat that!

walkenvol,

Is it not true that Cody Cleveland and all of the McCallie & Baylor wrestlers get a 100% paid wrestling scholarship plus an additional $800.00 per month spending allowance & demo car to drive? Has Baylor not hired the former East German sports scientist to give their athletes a "MAGIC PILL" that makes them get stronger & quicker without going into the weightroom?

Really, does that pill also make you younger. If so sign me up. I didn't know there was an E Germany any more. I thought when the wall came down that E germany went away. I better Call my German friends and let them know the Cold War is still on. ;)

Steve, the ante has been uped. All that was mentioned before + a field of corn and some taters too!!!!!! We'll throw in a piece of cardboard for them holes in the windows of your new, well almost new, doublewide. I think I left out the part about the holes in the windows. Sorry, I got mad at one of my wrestlers at practice the other day and had to vent. I'll put the cardboard over the hole for ya! How about it Steve?

Brickhousechick, I know you all can't beat that!

So would that make you the waterboy? :thumb:

i apologize if i made a false statement. thankyou for the correction, but they do give some type of financial aid. now i do recall cody speaking of the astronomical amount that his parents forked over, but nonetheless, he was a tullahoma wrestler born and raised. and they lost him to the amazingly notarized reputation of mccallie.

if i am completely mislead and relying soley on rumors.... feel free to correct me!

No need to appologise to me, it was the Clevelands that you were talking about.

You are certainly inconsistent though. In your first post he got a "McCallie scholarship" and now in your second "the astronomical amount that his parents forked over". Thats one crappy scholarship. How do they continue to lure all the best athletes over to the dark side with those offers?

I will say this about Cody - he isn't a "tullahoma wrestler born and raised", instead he is a Cleveland wrestler born and raised. And I for one think they did a pretty good job of it. Just my opinion, but what do I know. I'm sure your probably right.

cbg - the longer I follow coacht, the more I realize how dumb I am.

Last week every non-rich person sending kids to D2 was supposed to get a cush new job with their kid's new rich best friend's Dad's business. Now I find out that if your kid is a varsity athlete then he goes for free plus receives a stipend.

I'm into my 7th year of this and I'm working at the same place and writing big fat checks each year - how could I have missed out on these great benefits for so many years?

Oh well, guess I'll just keep on reading until I get this stuff figured out.

walkenvol,

WOW...maybe I'll send my little guy to Baylor! All we get down here is a an uphill walk both ways to and from school and keys to a nice Ford Pinto.