Sam Youree

Guest Cutters Crazies

Whatever, Smyrna PLEASE have it in writing from TSSAA that he is clear to practice BEFORE he does. In the military it is better known as CYA! As a Smyrna alum I would hate to see y'alls whole season go down the drain before it even starts. Especially as this is suppose to be one of Smyrna's better teams.

Having it in writing will also keep the TSSAA from changing their minds later on and putting it to y'all.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever, Smyrna PLEASE have it in writing from TSSAA that he is clear to practice BEFORE he does. In the military it is better known as CYA! As a Smyrna alum I would hate to see y'alls whole season go down the drain before it even starts. Especially as this is suppose to be one of Smyrna's better teams.

Having it in writing will also keep the TSSAA from changing their minds later on and putting it to y'all.

ask gallatin bout tssaa changin their mind after they clear a playa. called forfeit.

coincidence that smyrna's booster prez is a realtor? wonder what realtor bought that house?

Edited by olandpats

but they better be careful cause let him practice before he can and there season go down the drain

Here's the rule for practicing for transfers. If Sam Youree still lives in his house and is attending Smyrna HS, he can legally practice. He cannot however, play in a varsity game until he has a legit change of address. I'll give you an example of something that is legally done every year. Lets say a player plays for school A for ten games. He leaves that school after game ten for any reason(didn't like it there, kicked off) and enrolls in school B but does not move. He can practice with team B and even play in JV games but cannot legally play in a varsity game until he either 1) has a legit change of address or 2) does not participate in a varsity game for one calender year. So,if the player does not ever move, he would be elgible at school B the week of the first round of the playoffs the following year. So, if Sam Youree practices with Smyrna this spring and even in the fall but does not move, it is legal. He just can't play in a varsity game. Since he will be a senior next year, the only way he will be elgible to play is to have a legit change of address. He will not be breaking any TSSAA rules if he practices with Smyrna this spring.

Edited by jess21

Here's the rule for practicing for transfers. If Sam Youree still lives in his house and is attending Smyrna HS, he can legally practice. He cannot however, play in a varsity game until he has a legit change of address. I'll give you an example of something that is legally done every year. Lets say a player plays for school A for ten games. He leaves that school after game ten for any reason(didn't like it there, kicked off) and enrolls in school B but does not move. He can practice with team B and even play in JV games but cannot legally play in a varsity game until he either 1) has a legit change of address or 2) does not participate in a varsity sport for one calender year. So,if the player does not ever move, he would be elgible at school B the week of the first round of the playoffs the following year. So, if Sam Youree practices with Smyrna this spring and even in the fall but does not move, it is legal. He just can't play in a varsity sport. Since he will be a senior next year, the only way he will be elgible to play is to have a legit change of address. He will not be breaking any TSSAA rules if he practices with Smyrna this spring.

tssaa rule says 3 days max practice.

tssaa rule says 3 days max practice.

Here is how the three day max practice goes. If a player practices with team A for three or more days and transfers to team B without moving, he is not elgible. But, if a player practices with team A for two or fewer days and transfers to team B without moving, he is elgible to play. That's how the three practice days works. Sam Youree can legally practice this spring. He cannot play in a varsity game until one of the following happens:1) Legit change of address or 2) not play in a varsity game until the first round of the playoffs. I'm certainly no bullpuppy fan guys, but that is how it is. If Sam Youree practices this spring, Smyrna will not be breaking any rules.

Here is how the three day max practice goes. If a player practices with team A for three or more days and transfers to team B without moving, he is not elgible. But, if a player practices with team A for two or fewer days and transfers to team B without moving, he is elgible to play. That's how the three practice days works. Sam Youree can legally practice this spring. He cannot play in a varsity game until one of the following happens:1) Legit change of address or 2) not play in a varsity game until the first round of the playoffs. I'm certainly no bullpuppy fan guys, but that is how it is. If Sam Youree practices this spring, Smyrna will not be breaking any rules.

I agree with everything except the move after the fact. I spoke with Mr. Carter because we had a similar situation at my school, with a transfer. This is how it was explained to me. If Mr. Youree played at Oakland last season, then transferred to Smyrna without moving/changing residents he is not elgible to play at Smyrna for a 12 month period from his last participation date. He can practice and play JV up until the time he becomes elgible. If he moves after he has already been at the new school the 12 month period is still effective, period. If anyone says different give Ronnie Carter a call and let him explain it better yet email him he will answer you. So, if he is already at Smyrna and plays before 12 months I hope all of the other coaches in the district take it to the TSSAA as a whole. If he can play we will use that as president for our athlete, so I say good look to Mr. Youree and Smyrna but be careful.

I agree with everything except the move after the fact. I spoke with Mr. Carter because we had a similar situation at my school, with a transfer. This is how it was explained to me. If Mr. Youree played at Oakland last season, then transferred to Smyrna without moving/changing residents he is not elgible to play at Smyrna for a 12 month period from his last participation date. He can practice and play JV up until the time he becomes elgible. If he moves after he has already been at the new school the 12 month period is still effective, period. If anyone says different give Ronnie Carter a call and let him explain it better yet email him he will answer you. So, if he is already at Smyrna and plays before 12 months I hope all of the other coaches in the district take it to the TSSAA as a whole. If he can play we will use that as president for our athlete, so I say good look to Mr. Youree and Smyrna but be careful.

he did play at Oakland last season, he did receive a zone exemption from Gill, he did transfer to Smyrna before he moved from Northwoods.

forgot u got that smyrna superintendent on ur payroll b-cuz his son is on the smyrna footbal team.

yea yea yea we have heard that befor....sam's house is sold to his realitor!he lives in a perminate adress now and he will play with us week zero period...gill does nothing for us...sam moved and he is in our zone...man i wish we would just drop it , he is playing with us and thats it gill or no gill!

yea yea yea we have heard that befor....sam's house is sold to his realitor!he lives in a perminate adress now and he will play with us week zero period...gill does nothing for us...sam moved and he is in our zone...man i wish we would just drop it , he is playing with us and thats it gill or no gill!

Well I wish Youree well this season and hope all the ducks are in a row for him to play. The sore spot is: Gill should NOT publicly say that he will grant NO athletic transfers and then grant one to his son's school to benefit his son's team. Total grounds for a discrimination lawsuit. No joke....

I haven't been on here in a while and wow stuff gets really factually incorrect

1. A player can practice with a team and it has no bearing on being eligible or ineligible. The 3 day practice rule everyone keeps refeering to deals with the individual player and their future eligibiltiy. So in summary once Sam has practiced with Smyrna 3 days he could not change his mind and play anywhere else. The only team he would be eligible to play for this fall would be Smyrna providing all other TSSAA guidelines are met.

2. The TSSAA does not care about practice or freshman or jv games. Their measuring stick is and always has been varsity participation as far as the school goes.

3. I can assure you no team in the region will put a player on the field this fall that does not meet TSSAA guidelines. I can also assure you any player that has any question or has any visibiltiy will be hand walked throught every single aspect of their eligibility with not just the TSSAA staff but Ronnie Carter himself.

4. I have said it over and over if Sam does not meet the TSSAA definition of "bona fide change of residence" ( what ever that is? based on some of their rulings lately who knows) he will never play at Smyrna. If he does he will be given every chance to be part of the team.

5. My bet is Sams parents (who I have never met but have been told by 2 priceless are good people) have thouroughly reviewed this

situation and probably received guidance from the TSSAA on how to proceed.

I would book it that--

Sam will meet TSSAA requirements and he will be eligible and play for Smyrna in 2006.

As for somone earlier posting that the smyrna qb club pres who is a realtor either listed or bought their house?? --- I spoke with him this morning and he laughed ,he said he has never even met Sam or anybody in his family and said he wouldn't know them if walked right past them. strange how these rumors get started

Just as an added note concerning moving into another zone while maintaining a home in a previous zone ----- there is a player that transferred to riverdale a couple yrs ago ( who I think was their best overall player last yr) thats previous home in his previous school zone has never been sold to this day.

Basically this opened the door for those who can afford to move to a rented house or apartment and stay away from their residence the opportunity to do so.

Ok hope that got the facts back on track because as I said earlier this has been beat to death.

Spring practice starts today so lets get back to football talk!!