Sam Youree

Guest Cutters Crazies

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know the facts, what he told me is that he is legal the paper work is in and he will be in pads next week and that is what coach shad thinks to...and i think he said he lives in an apartment but i dont knowi am just going by what he said

hey what time are you guys scrimmages? I wanna check yall out..

Harry Gill....the superintendent that is a SHS alum and ex coach from SHS. Sound familiar?

didn't know this one?????????? hmmmmmmmmmm.......... :thumb:

hey what time are you guys scrimmages? I wanna check yall out..

didn't know this one?????????? hmmmmmmmmmm.......... :huh:

Back in the late 60's the current Principle of Smyrna was the football coach. LaVergne students did not have their own school so they went to Smyrna also. Mr Gill played for Mr Raikes. Mr Gill's family were VERY influential in getting Mr Raikes the Principle job after Mr McWilliams (the Principle then) had a sudden heart attack and died.

The 'good ole boy' network is alive and doing well. :thumb:

I will say that Mr Raikes is a MUCH better Principle than he was a football coach. Nice guy also.

As an aside his nickname from the students then was 'Root'. He does NOT like it either. :thumb:

Back in the late 60's the current Principle of Smyrna was the football coach. LaVergne students did not have their own school so they went to Smyrna also. Mr Gill played for Mr Raikes. Mr Gill's family were VERY influential in getting Mr Raikes the Principle job after Mr McWilliams (the Principle then) had a sudden heart attack and died.

The 'good ole boy' network is alive and doing well. :ph34r:

I will say that Mr Raikes is a MUCH better Principle than he was a football coach. Nice guy also.

As an aside his nickname from the students then was 'Root'. He does NOT like it either. ;)

hahahahahahahah u know about root! man that is some good laughing!!!!

anyways about gill...he was my teacher at SMS and when blackman opened he LOVED him some blackman..anyways we have rod because he has been at smyrna all his life...moved here from Gallitan when he was 5 i believe and marcellos came to sms they lived in a different house! ao when they moved into a new house cell-block was enrolled in smyrna high...then rod came up and he chose to go to smyrna because of his brother....i just dont see how yall can say all this is from gill when we have had these players since elementry school.

Yeh i do, thats messed up, due to the zone changes Gray and Wilks are zoned for Smyrna now, but as for some other key players for SHS, i know some that are definately zoned for LHS, I'm friends with some...

Botom line,Zone exemption talk is wasted breath. Each of these kids must be cleared by the TSSAA. If the TSSAA rules them eligible they are eligible. No rules have been broken or i suspect the TSSAA would have had a penalty. We can moan and groan forever. My opinion is quit wining about who you don't have and pull for and support who you do have. IMO

Botom line,Zone exemption talk is wasted breath. Each of these kids must be cleared by the TSSAA. If the TSSAA rules them eligible they are eligible. No rules have been broken or i suspect the TSSAA would have had a penalty. We can moan and groan forever. My opinion is quit wining about who you don't have and pull for and support who you do have. IMO

Cowboy, if I was *whining* about Smyrna's zoning, i would give NO credit to SHS...i got mad love for SHS, they have good talent and great athletes and ask underdawgs17, i am friends with just about every key player on the team...however, the fact Gill was associated with SHS, you can't totally disregard that. For example, the pacman jones deal, he is most likely not guilty but the fact his rented car was found at the scene, you have to have some sort of suspicion...but i admire SHS and its players..

P.S. that was my 400th post!!! Only 5, 413 more posts to catch up with 2p!! lol

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Cowboy, if I was *whining* about Smyrna's zoning, i would give NO credit to SHS...i got mad love for SHS, they have good talent and great athletes and ask underdawgs17, i am friends with just about every key player on the team...however, the fact Gill was associated with SHS, you can't totally disregard that. For example, the pacman jones deal, he is most likely not guilty but the fact his rented car was found at the scene, you have to have some sort of suspicion...but i admire SHS and its players..

P.S. that was my 400th post!!! Only 5, 413 more posts to catch up with 2p!! lol

Wasn't singling you out for whining. More or less speaking to people that complain outside of SHS such as Lavergne and Oakland. Not speaking to all those folks either. I respect everyones opinion. But at the end of the day support your team . Don't complain about who is not on your team. And you may be right about the Superintendent coming from SHS but was the last one not more partial to the Murfreesboro schools. I believe what goes around comes around.

Wasn't singling you out for whining. More or less speaking to people that complain outside of SHS such as Lavergne and Oakland. Not speaking to all those folks either. I respect everyones opinion. But at the end of the day support your team . Don't complain about who is not on your team. And you may be right about the Superintendent coming from SHS but was the last one not more partial to the Murfreesboro schools. I believe what goes around comes around.

Getee up, ride em cowboy

more partial to the Riverdale side, fyi :thumb:

but rules are rules and the TSSAA rules say he can't have dual residencies and that's exactly what he's doing. Smyrna will be turned in on this one if he practices with the team. GUARANTEED!

more partial to the Riverdale side, fyi :thumb:

but rules are rules and the TSSAA rules say he can't have dual residencies and that's exactly what he's doing. Smyrna will be turned in on this one if he practices with the team. GUARANTEED!

Then let the powers that be handle it. And let these other teams worry about their own players. I will bet the kid does not put on a pad until the situation is ruled on. Or has it already been. And i really do not think SHS would put themselves in a situation knowing how high profile the situation is. It is not like this is a hush hush situation. Everyone knows the kid is now at Smyrna. And everyone knows their are eligibility questions. But those questions will be handled by TSSAA officials. I do not see SHS putting themselves in jeopardy over 1 kid.