Sam Youree

Guest Cutters Crazies

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 miles!?!?!?!? B):wacko:B):D well look at it on the brightside of it....you have to have SOME sort of dedication to run 100 miles! at least he was dedicated...

He ran 3 every AM before school until he ran them all. Yes, that was why I was shocked about the other situation. I thought he had learned his lesson last spring. I was really proud of him for hanging in there and doing the running .

In my eyes, Youree has a special gift...and I hope he uses it to the best of his ability.

i never really heard of anything when i was there it seemed like he didnt get into to much trouble, cept he was in detetion alot but who doesnt go to detention

MY KIDS BETTER NOT BE IN DETENTION ALOT i will understand a time or 2 depending on the reason for example when my wife gets them to school late BUT if it is A LOT then i have a problem I dont care what sam has or has not doen but it is NOT OK to get detenion ALOT

MY KIDS BETTER NOT BE IN DETENTION ALOT i will understand a time or 2 depending on the reason for example when my wife gets them to school late BUT if it is A LOT then i have a problem I dont care what sam has or has not doen but it is NOT OK to get detenion ALOT

riverdaleman, it was lots worse than d-hall. u dont run 100 miles 4 detention & we both know it. funny how evry-1 was clankin on sam when he was @ ohs sayin he wasn't any good esp smyrna people. evry-1 clanked on him when he got busted @ the game. clanked on him good.

now suddenly it is ok when every-1 thought they could get them on their team. smyrna all the sudden admits he is good @ evry-1 forgets what he did @ ohs 2 get kicked off the team. that is y sam has a problem. his parents didnt make him pay 4 it & smyrna & the other schools didnt have the guts 2 tell him they didnt want a problem player. smyrna showed it is all about the wins and his parents showed who runs their house. that is y he is messed up. coach ferg was the only 1 that cared enough about sam 2 say NO 2 him. i hope when it is all said & done that sam realizes a few things bout life.

riverdaleman, it was lots worse than d-hall. u dont run 100 miles 4 detention & we both know it. funny how evry-1 was clankin on sam when he was @ ohs sayin he wasn't any good esp smyrna people. evry-1 clanked on him when he got busted @ the game. clanked on him good.

now suddenly it is ok when every-1 thought they could get them on their team. smyrna all the sudden admits he is good @ evry-1 forgets what he did @ ohs 2 get kicked off the team. that is y sam has a problem. his parents didnt make him pay 4 it & smyrna & the other schools didnt have the guts 2 tell him they didnt want a problem player. smyrna showed it is all about the wins and his parents showed who runs their house. that is y he is messed up. coach ferg was the only 1 that cared enough about sam 2 say NO 2 him. i hope when it is all said & done that sam realizes a few things bout life.

Im still looking for the post where "smyrna people" were saying sam was no good?? I found a few going back and forth about who was better Sam or Rod wilks but none saying Sam was no good. I think the numbers Sam put up with average qb play over the years show he can play.

No reason to bring Smyrna into this no one at Smyrna had anything to do with the situation at OHS with Sam.

When Sams parents move and he is eligible to play at Smyrna then if you truly "hope sam realizes a few things about life" then you should also hope the move and a fresh start may start him down that road.

No reason to bring smyrna into this at all as I said they did not create this situation and quite frankly the position Sam plays is probably the depest on the team. I am not stupid enough to say he won't help Smyrna s team but once again if he is eligible and enrolls at smyrna we will welcome him.

I wish there was a county rule that said if you are kicked off a team then you may transfer to another school but your suspension from the old school stays intact.

However I don't believe for a second that would hold up in court.

As it is there is no rule that prevents him from moving to another school and let me tell you he isn't the first and he won't be the last.

My hope is he gets a fresh start follows all the rule graduates gets a chance to go to college and have a good quality life ----- and none of that has a thing to do with if he ever catches a single pass.

no cat, we had a chance 2 get a quality d-1 player ( u said this urself) in tony shepherd. he had a way 2 go 2 ohs through his gma gettin custody of him. his parents were willin and his cuz was playin 4 ohs ( u know bout how the cuz thing works @ ur school /maceo ). tony called our coach @ school and they wanted no part of him b-cuz of the attitude & talk of substance abuse. we could have welcomed him b-cuz we could have used a d-1 player at tb. ferg wants more 4 his team than another problem. we lost the cuz from our team b-cuz we wouldnt take tony. so u take youree and u win with evry-1 else's players. but the respect 4 ur team wont b there b-cuz u didnt do it with ur own boys. u wont b any different than rhs in the rest of the regions eyes.

if u dont want smyrna brought in-2 this then u better tell ur underdawgs17 to clank it.

Edited by olandpats

no cat, we had a chance 2 get a quality d-1 player ( u said this urself) in tony shepherd. he had a way 2 go 2 ohs through his gma gettin custody of him. his parents were willin and his cuz was playin 4 ohs ( u know bout how the cuz thing works @ ur school /maceo ). tony called our coach @ school and they wanted no part of him b-cuz of the attitude & talk of substance abuse. we could have welcomed him b-cuz we could have used a d-1 player at tb. ferg wants more 4 his team than another problem. we lost the cuz from our team b-cuz we wouldnt take tony. so u take youree and u win with evry-1 else's players. but the respect 4 ur team wont b there b-cuz u didnt do it with ur own boys. u wont b any different than rhs in the rest of the regions eyes.

if u dont want smyrna brought in-2 this then u better tell ur underdawgs17 to clank it.

I think someone is a little jealous. lol. It's not like smyrna goes out and recruits these players. They just wanna play for smyrna. Last time I checked, the number 1 goal for most student-athletes is to get that state championship ring. It's pretty obvious that Smyrna is going to be a contender next year. So maybe they wanna go to smyrna because they want to win. It kind of reminds me of the pro athletes and how veterans who don't have many years left want to go to teams where they can win a championship just like Sam, who is going to be a senior and sees that Oaklands chances are not as good as Smyrna's are at winning state. That sounds pretty logical to me.

I'm pretty dang sure that no one would be complaining if they were in the position that Smyrna is in right now.

jealousy? u do remember what the circumstances r 4 u gettin youree? he got kicked off the ohs team. if he hadnt he would still be @ ohs. it wasnt like he went out & looked 4 a place 2 go b-cuz he wasnt happy @ ohs. he got plenty of press @ ohs, and made his stats there as the premiere receiver. he was already goin 2 play @ the next level. will he get that same chance @ shs where it is the sonny & wilks show?

i think lavergne could argue wit u bout some things.

Tony Sheppard has set out his entire year and is eligible anyhwere he wants to go without moving. He has done his suspension and any time he wants to be a part of a team and abide by the rules he could play. Right now based on TSSAA rules he is eligible immediately.

Tony was not kicked off for anything other than not wanting to come to practice.

At the time he was kicked off he was in good standing grade wise and absolutely no indication of any other problems (not saying there might not have been but at the time there were none). Just basically likes to play but doesn't want to follow the practice rules.

Smyrna wouldn't say much about him going to Oakland becasue right now he has served his time and as I noted above he could be back on Smyrna team if he wants to come back and follow the team rules. I am sure there is a date somewhere if the does not come back by that he will not be allowed to return but I don't know when that will be. I am sure it is fast approaching.

He may be the most talented hs free agent out there in years!

From what I have heard he has lost interest in playing anywhere.

I still think it is a reach to bring Smyrna into the Youree deal vecause

1. he is tssaa eligible

2. he has satisfactory academic standing and is eligible

3. when his parents move he will be tssaa eligible at Smyrna

4. he will start with a clean slate at Smyrna

I have said before his parents are from ohs he is from ohs I wish he would have finsihed his career at ohs but that did not work out so his parents and him have chose a different path.

As for the wilks gray show?? sonny has one receiver he likes to throw to-------------the one that is open!

Tony Sheppard has set out his entire year and is eligible anyhwere he wants to go without moving. He has done his suspension and any time he wants to be a part of a team and abide by the rules he could play. Right now based on TSSAA rules he is eligible immediately.

Tony was not kicked off for anything other than not wanting to come to practice.

At the time he was kicked off he was in good standing grade wise and absolutely no indication of any other problems (not saying there might not have been but at the time there were none). Just basically likes to play but doesn't want to follow the practice rules.

Smyrna wouldn't say much about him going to Oakland becasue right now he has served his time and as I noted above he could be back on Smyrna team if he wants to come back and follow the team rules. I am sure there is a date somewhere if the does not come back by that he will not be allowed to return but I don't know when that will be. I am sure it is fast approaching.

He may be the most talented hs free agent out there in years!

From what I have heard he has lost interest in playing anywhere.

I still think it is a reach to bring Smyrna into the Youree deal vecause

1. he is tssaa eligible

2. he has satisfactory academic standing and is eligible

3. when his parents move he will be tssaa eligible at Smyrna

4. he will start with a clean slate at Smyrna

I have said before his parents are from ohs he is from ohs I wish he would have finsihed his career at ohs but that did not work out so his parents and him have chose a different path.

As for the wilks gray show?? sonny has one receiver he likes to throw to-------------the one that is open!

Sad as I am to say this, but Sam will never have a completely clean slate. His reputation precedes him at all the high schools. Sam was quite satisfied at OHS but Coach Ferg kicked him because he made a rule that no player will play Patriot football if he gets arrested. I wish Sam the best and hope that he will not be stunk down by future "friends" that get him in trouble. He is an asset anywhere he goes, plain and simple. Smyrna was the lucky one in the case of this talented young man.

Gentlemen, I really get tired of this arguing over Sam. He was a personal favorite of mine and most everyone knows this. So it bothers me intensely to keep hearing all the fussing about his choices. The kid made Oakland very proud in his 3 yrs there as a player. Sometimes unfortunate incidents happen and they happen for a reason. It is not our choice to decide what is best for him in this situation, or to question what his parents decide is best for his future. OR to question what OHS decided to do about the situation. I am very saddened by all of the turn of events and always will remember some of the phenomenal catches that Sam made as a Patriot. I wish him the best in his future endeavors. He will always hold a special place in OHS football history.

i dont know who u think u are bringging me into this! so the kid messed up give him a break! everyone deserves forgivness, now for u telling me to clank it i have no clue what u mean, i have never said sam was not good! i have been the one who praised him for being #1 at a point in the season , and if u really think i should clank it that i think u know who i am if u know what i am saying.Boo-hoo cty me a river ur losing ur best player , get over it! things happen.

so byy what u are saying that whoever messes up once in life than u should give up?well there was only one person who ever walked the earth who was perfect and he was crucified,so for u saying we should give up on him is dumb of u, the school, and the people in his life. u dont just give up on a kid! u pick him up!

so unless u know and can prove anything i said about him that was bad except who was better youree rod, get off my back!

Edited by underDawgs17