Cookeville Cavs in 06

17minuteabs

Losing that many seniors is tough,but like I saw in another thread less than half of them were starters or played a lot. Having that many people in a class is more indicative of having a successful program and getting a lot of guys out. More players now than ever before.People want to play for a winner.The CAVS should have between 20-30 in every class(maybe not mid 30's every year)

That being said some of the seniors were in very key positions.I guess QB & TB are the most obvious.QB should be wide open.I would expect Dustin Langford to come back bigger,stronger & faster at TB cause it should be his job to lose.I hope he's working this spring/summer.I can't wait to see how Shane Bates looks.Should be a monster.Need some clutch receivers to step up.Also losing all 4 DB's I think.They were a GREAT group!

You know you're right,A LOT of people have to grow up & step up between now & August,but I'm real confident in this program & where it's at right now!

THE SQUAD :huh:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing that many seniors is tough,but like I saw in another thread less than half of them were starters or played a lot. Having that many people in a class is more indicative of having a successful program and getting a lot of guys out. More players now than ever before.People want to play for a winner.The CAVS should have between 20-30 in every class(maybe not mid 30's every year)

That being said some of the seniors were in very key positions.I guess QB & TB are the most obvious.QB should be wide open.I would expect Dustin Langford to come back bigger,stronger & faster at TB cause it should be his job to lose.I hope he's working this spring/summer.I can't wait to see how Shane Bates looks.Should be a monster.Need some clutch receivers to step up.Also losing all 4 DB's I think.They were a GREAT group!

You know you're right,A LOT of people have to grow up & step up between now & August,but I'm real confident in this program & where it's at right now!

THE SQUAD :huh:

You have a good coach

The Cavs should be fun to watch next year. It hurts losing seniors at the skill positions. Several sophmores and juniors from last season played important roles to the team's success. It is going to be tough for the Cavs to repeat, since everyone will be gunning for the top. I think they will have a chance.

the ooltewah and cookville game should be a good one again this upcoming year, ooltewah loses a lot of talent but will still be strong......remember this name sean sanders, plus a transfer from mccallie whos is a stud!

Game will be a tough one. Two good programs with two good coaches. Both teams will try to outhit each other.