Wartburg vs. Oliver Springs

orangenation16

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg comes out on top with a great win. Both sides came out ready to play. The fans were awesome! Wartburg came out with team on their mind because that is how they played. O.S. didnt have a real good shooting night. I think Schultz had under 10 or maybe a little more. O.S. is a good basketball team, but tonight I think the dogs were determined to win. Like I said i think the intensity of the game was up, the pace was up-tempo, and the atmosphere was great. I dont know about O.S., but when you have all three of those things in the same game, Wartburg generally has a good game. All in all it was a great all-around game.

Final Score:

Wartburg-81

Oliver Springs-63

The energy in Dallas R. Davis Gymnasium was amazing--you had to be there. Both teams came out playing their hearts out. Wartburg finally pulled together and played the best team ball that I have seen all year long! Some amazing passing and shooting. Oliver Springs played hard but just couldn't keep up. If the Dogs play with the same intensity and heart in the regions, I think that they will give either Rockwood or Cosby a run for their money.

Congratulations to Jeremy Shannon on MVP and also to Coach Layne on Coach of the year! You are both amazing.

FANS NEEDED!!!! We need the entire student body to show up at the regions to cheer the Bulldogs on!

The energy in Dallas R. Davis Gymnasium was amazing--you had to be there. Both teams came out playing their hearts out. Wartburg finally pulled together and played the best team ball that I have seen all year long! Some amazing passing and shooting. Oliver Springs played hard but just couldn't keep up. If the Dogs play with the same intensity and heart in the regions, I think that they will give either Rockwood or Cosby a run for their money.

Congratulations to Jeremy Shannon on MVP and also to Coach Layne on Coach of the year! You are both amazing.

FANS NEEDED!!!! We need the entire student body to show up at the regions to cheer the Bulldogs on!

I think the Wartburg Fans made the difference. The student section was huge and loud. I think they helped some on OS's shootin along with The dawgs awesome D. Last night just wasn't Os's night. Best of luck to both teams down Oneida.

also thnx to coalfield students that painted up and suppoted wartburg. the night before a few wartburg students did the same for coalfield against oliver springs. thnx!!

give wartburg alot of credit they came out and were readt to play. the cats didnt shoot the ball to well and didnt play team basketball at all and they were out couched the dogs just did everything better. the did a great job containing Adam Carter he only had 12 pts and shultz had 12 also they usually need a big night from at least one of them and they didnt get. But there is still alot of ball to be played

give wartburg alot of credit they came out and were readt to play. the cats didnt shoot the ball to well and didnt play team basketball at all and they were out couched the dogs just did everything better. the did a great job containing Adam Carter he only had 12 pts and shultz had 12 also they usually need a big night from at least one of them and they didnt get. But there is still alot of ball to be played

yea dogs playd good......... hit alot of shots, and had very many very very good passes, had os guessing the whole time. and did great containing adam carter