LAKE COUNTY VS. UNION CITY

bballchamps

M-town, in my mind, I knew ya'll wouldn't lose to Temple last year....I knew it would be pretty much M-town Tigers all the way..... :lol:

But Humboldt and Union City will be very tough to beat anywhere.....

I agree with you on that. It should be a very competitive substate. Middle College is no push over. They are very talented. Good luck on regional finals.

I'm not a Tornado fan, but I'm proud that they finally won the big game.....BUT my Lady Rebels did win tonight, and punched their ticket to the sub-state game.....

Did M-town play tonight or is it tomorrow?

We play Tuesday Night against a tough Manassas team.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC had a great regular season and a good district tournament. Congrats on your season. We will take it from here.

Ok since you obviously are going to keep downing 14a, let me fill you in that Humboldt beat yall already without our 6' 5" center. We are confident that we can hang with yall so talk your team up on here and if we meet, let it be a great game. And is there nething thing u can do besides talk LC down?

Ok since you obviously are going to keep downing 14a, let me fill you in that Humboldt beat yall already without our 6' 5" center. We are confident that we can hang with yall so talk your team up on here and if we meet, let it be a great game. And is there nething thing u can do besides talk LC down?

I'm glad you said that b/c before you even said anything I was gonna post that I'm rooting for Humboldt!!

VikingFan9

Wake up the dream is over. Wake up...Wake up... Let me fill you in we have not played you this year. So wake up and quit dreaming. If we played you please give me a score and a date that it happened. Please do not tell me you are thinking of summer camp or several years back. It's okay go back to sleep!

Edited by M-Town Baller

Where is bigster at. All the smack that him and the LC fans have been talking? I'm a M-town fan to the core, but sometimes a $5 mouth can overload a nickel toe I think that the only reason that i'm glad Lc lost is so we won't have to hear the tired old crap about our gym is small, the refs cheated us, sun was in my eyes, etc. from LC. When and if you guys when 3 in the boro, then talk smack.

Where is bigster at. All the smack that him and the LC fans have been talking? I'm a M-town fan to the core, but sometimes a $5 mouth can overload a nickel toe I think that the only reason that i'm glad Lc lost is so we won't have to hear the tired old crap about our gym is small, the refs cheated us, sun was in my eyes, etc. from LC. When and if you guys when 3 in the boro, then talk smack.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T GO THERE WHEN THERE ARE RAGING FALCON FANS OUT THERE WAITING TO JUMP ON ANYONE WHO TALKS CRAP!! I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT SOMEONE HAS TO SAY ABOUT ME NOT BEIN CLASSY AFTER I TYPE THIS B/C IM PUSHED OVER THE EDGE TONIGHT!! I RECALL SOME middleton FANS MAKING WHAT YOU GUYS CALL "EXCUSES" AFTER YOU LOST YOUR FIRST GAME THIS SEASON!! HMMMM.....WAS I IMAGINING THAT?? I DON'T THINK SO!! IF YOU DON'T SEE OUR GAMES THEN HOW THE HECK DO YOU KNOW IF WE'RE MAKING "EXCUSES"? IF YOU WE'RE THERE THEN SHUT UP B/C YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a question. Why does everyone hate district 14a? Answer because they think this is the only district in the state and everybody in the district should be in the Single A top ten. District 14a has given the west a bad reputation. The only team to win a gold ball in the last 15 years is UC. UC has the right to talk a little smack. So people let's quit talking about district 14a until they win another gold ball.

If, for just a moment, all the Middleton people can stop acting like they invented basketball and the Lake County, Humboldt and UC people can stop stooping to their level....

Can someone please tell those of us that happen to be six hours away what happened in the game?

Union City led by as many as 16 early in the fourth quarter and Lake County fought back to make it a game. Thanks in large part to a lot of missed Union City free throws and Tony Mosley not being able to hit anything. I think he missed 6-10 shots in the second half of the game. Weddle fouled out with about 49 seconds left. I don't remember everything but Lake County had the ball with 9 seconds remaining down by three. Whoever brought the ball up the floor for them took what is in my opnion not the best shot with 5 seconds left and missed. Xavier Robinson secured the rebound for Union City and dribbled to half court to end the game. I felt coach Whitby would have drawn up a better play and had either of the two other gaurds in the game take the shot but hey, he's been coaching a long time. It looked like a rout when Lake County battled back. Lake County had a great season and it was a shame someone had to lose the game.

The Halls Humboldt game was also a great game. Humboldt did their damage on offensive rebounds. The Vikings had a 50-25 advantage rebounding, 30 of which were offensive. All of this without 6-5 center Derek Sain. Halls wouldn't go away but in the end Humboldt was too athletic and Halls lack of depth and size cost them.

Feel free to add details to my Lake County Union City story because i have seen 12 games in the last 8 days so they are starting to run together.

(Edit: eridbro1 posted a game recap while I was ranting at Middleton people. Thanks!)

Oh....and at the risk of lowering myself to the level of a Middleton fan....be proud of your little boys' basketball team. It's about all you've got in that po-dunk, one-horse town. Come holler back at us when your football team can beat someone besides South Chewalla Middle School. At least we don't have the looney bin in our county. Speaking of which....maybe M-Town Baller should be getting back to his padded cell.

GO MIDDLE COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bigwes68