Catholic wins District 4 AA

Flyguy2100

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic is pretty good... but i don't like all this hype about that Parton kid... take away Smith and Parton is just like his sister....(not too good)... I can't see Catholic getting past the second round of reigon much less in the state... I don't belive that they could get by Loudon again, Loudon has the athletes to beat Catholic's preps... and the coaches at Fulton will not be fooled by the parton show... Oh and isn't Catholic supposed to be private??? PATHETIC!!!

Catholic is a private school, but so what? The only thing that means is they have a "wild card" in their corner, and by "Wild Card", I mean "the almighty dollar". And how the heck is Loudon going to beat them? I mean how many distict games in a row do you have to win before Catholic is going to get the credit they deserved. They had one close game in both the reg season & tourney and that was Scott County (which now most people are saying a fluke). Catholic is 4 real.

Catholic is pretty good... but i don't like all this hype about that Parton kid... take away Smith and Parton is just like his sister....(not too good)... I can't see Catholic getting past the second round of reigon much less in the state... I don't belive that they could get by Loudon again, Loudon has the athletes to beat Catholic's preps... and the coaches at Fulton will not be fooled by the parton show... Oh and isn't Catholic supposed to be private??? PATHETIC!!!

Why do you come on here and make your first post to be negative about a player and even his sister??? It makes you look foolish. Look at Andra's take on the players on his All-Region 2AA Team at "Tenn Prep Hoops":

Region 2AA:

Matt Parton-Knoxville Catholic (MVP)

Stephen Kite-Austin East

Brandon Warren-Alcoa

Ryan Queen-Loudon

James Gallman-Fulton

Jared Laverdiere-Anderson County

Derrick Lee-Seymour

Tremaine Brown-Knoxville Catholic

Daniel Stubblefield-Alcoa

Marquis Barrett-Austin East

Honorable Mention:

Andrew Taylor-Carter

Kyrus Lanxter-Alcoa

Darrell Flourence-Austin East

Austin Hill-Gibbs

Jonathan Sharpe-Anderson County

Justin Walker-Austin East

Laray Ash-Fulton

Dustin Griffith-Scott County

Justin Givens-Kingston

Edited by HiwasseeVol

You must be a Loudon fan, thats tired of losing to Catholic. Matt Parton does what he has to win games. It's interesting that Catholic won the district tournament with Parton scoring 18 total points. He doesn't force shots and he sets his teammates up. How about the big scoring games he's had or the game winning shots he's hit all year. He carried Catholic earlier this season now his teammates are hitting their stride and he doesn't have to score 25 points every night. By the way if he's not that good then why did he win District MVP and was named Tennessee Preps magazine MVP?

i think catholic should be the front runner in the region after having seen all the teams in it. they impress me the most. however, i wouldn't say scott is the only team that has given them a close game. they only beat loudon by one at loudon and kingston took them to ot at catholic.

to answer an earlier question about common opponets ae beat loudon by 35 and then only by 2. catholic beat loudon by 1 and by8 then by 15. however, the last game was alot closer than that. kingston got beat pretty bad by ae and they played catholic pretty close.

however, its just catholic's style that makes their games close. they could beat a great team by the same margin they beat a poor team which is usually around 10 points. i think catholic is a great team but i hope the redskins get one more chance at them. lets hope 4aa can pull off some upsets.

i think catholic should be the front runner in the region after having seen all the teams in it. they impress me the most. however, i wouldn't say scott is the only team that has given them a close game. they only beat loudon by one at loudon and kingston took them to ot at catholic.

to answer an earlier question about common opponets ae beat loudon by 35 and then only by 2. catholic beat loudon by 1 and by8 then by 15. however, the last game was alot closer than that. kingston got beat pretty bad by ae and they played catholic pretty close.

however, its just catholic's style that makes their games close. they could beat a great team by the same margin they beat a poor team which is usually around 10 points. i think catholic is a great team but i hope the redskins get one more chance at them. lets hope 4aa can pull off some upsets.

If I'm not mistaken Catholic beat Scott 77-50 the last game of the season. And up at Scott, Catholic had an 18 point lead going into 4th qrt. Loudon does matchup well with Catholic.

Edited by ScottA11

Congrats to Catholic...as one of their biggest doubters at the Christmas break, I want to be the first of those criticizers to congratulate the Irish...congratulations the rest of the way and I hope you make it to state...good luck!

Thanks for the compliment. McMinn Central keeps steamrolling people too. Wish we had your offense! Your good halves are our good scores for a game.Good luck also.

Sure Matt Parton didnt have the greatest offensive show during the district tournament, but I will take the way he plays defense and the way he handles the ball when the game is on the line over any guard that I have seen this season. Lets be honest during the district tournament all the other coaches had one thing on their minds dont let Matt Parton beat you with the 3ball, but he managed to find a way to put Catholic in position to win by scoring 4 or 5 in a row when needed or by taking the other teams point out of the equation by playing defense, the kid simply tooking a beating physically in the district tournament but at the the end of every game he kept the Catholic offense under control and when it gets crunch time not many teams seem to be as under control as the Irish. Solid coaching, tough D, Post players that are relentless, and a guard that leads by example are qualities of a good ball club. True the well have their hands full with Seymour and the other 3 from the other district, but as always when the Irish are on the court its not how many points they score, but its how many they allow you to score. Irish basketball is all about defense and 5 straight 20 win seasons seem to tell you that they are doing something right. Good Luck Catholic! and maybe the region tournament is when the "Matt Parton Show" begins.

I know I'll get beat down for this, but I look for a District 4 sweep. Catholic is a lock. Fulton is at home & theirs no way their going to let the home team get put out the first round. Also, I think AC has decided this year they want the Region tourney & thats the reason the district tourney loss was no big deal. In past years they only focused on the district tourney instead of region & this year look for AC to win another Region title. The only game that's up in the air is the Kingston game, but look for a slow pace and a Kingston win with final score in the mid 20's.

I know I'll get beat down for this, but I look for a District 4 sweep. Catholic is a lock. Fulton is at home & theirs no way their going to let the home team get put out the first round. Also, I think AC has decided this year they want the Region tourney & thats the reason the district tourney loss was no big deal. In past years they only focused on the district tourney instead of region & this year look for AC to win another Region title. The only game that's up in the air is the Kingston game, but look for a slow pace and a Kingston win with final score in the mid 20's.

I'm glad you have faith in District 4, because Austin-East is pretty good. I love the way Justin Givens plays, but can he beat A-E by himself? Not sure. The game of the night will be Loudon vs. Fulton. They way Loudon shoots at home and that press will present problems, they also have a really good matchup zone. Their fans will be wild, should be a really close game. If Fulton is thinking of a second round matchup with Catholic then Loudon will win, they are very tough at home. Catholic has been focusing on Seymour, they've played them the last three years with Catholic winning very, very close games, a couple in overtime if not mistaken. They know how dangerous a team Seymour is and will be prepared.