Livingston vs. Goodpasture

The General

Livingston Academy will play Goodpasture in the Region 4AA tourney. What are some thoughts on this game? LA comes into the game with a record of 23-6. Goodpasture is also 23-6. A common opponent of the two that I can think of is Station Camp. GP beat them @ Station Camp by 17, when LA played them I think they only won by 5. I know that this means nothing. Just giving more food for thought. The game is on Tuesday at White House.

I say LA by 7.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston and Goodpasture are hard teams to compare. The only common opponents are Station Camp and Lipscomb, both of which Goodpasture has beaten twice. While Goodpasture's record against these two teams is 4-0, LA's is only 1-1. Both teams are 23-6(goodpasture is actually 24-6 due to a forfeit by Davidson Academy). I will say that Goodpasture seems to have had a much tougher schedule with matchups like Lipscomb(twice), Sycamore, state bound AAA Red Bank, and definitely a tougher district. LA is a completely different type of team as well, being more of a small team with too many great shooter, running the floor and shooting seem to be their forte'. Goodpasture has 3 different players scoring over 17 a game, The 6 foot 8 Zack Frey, and 6 foot 5 Chris Buchanan(both seniors) and CJ davis, a junior. Also the 6 foot 9 Matthew Fox will make the matchups hard for both teams. LA's has three player coming in at between 10 and 13 points a game, mainly three point shooters and mid-range jump shots, rarely the post feed. I think that there will be a winner by a mark of at least 10 maybe even 15 or 20 but im not too sure which team that will be. like i said it will depend on which team can match up against the other. For Goodpasture, they will need to hold down the shooting of LA, but for LA, it will all depend on if they can even stop the scoring of GP

Livingston and Goodpasture are hard teams to compare. The only common opponents are Station Camp and Lipscomb, both of which Goodpasture has beaten twice. While Goodpasture's record against these two teams is 4-0, LA's is only 1-1. Both teams are 23-6(goodpasture is actually 24-6 due to a forfeit by Davidson Academy). I will say that Goodpasture seems to have had a much tougher schedule with matchups like Lipscomb(twice), Sycamore, state bound AAA Red Bank, and definitely a tougher district. LA is a completely different type of team as well, being more of a small team with too many great shooter, running the floor and shooting seem to be their forte'. Goodpasture has 3 different players scoring over 17 a game, The 6 foot 8 Zack Frey, and 6 foot 5 Chris Buchanan(both seniors) and CJ davis, a junior. Also the 6 foot 9 Matthew Fox will make the matchups hard for both teams. LA's has three player coming in at between 10 and 13 points a game, mainly three point shooters and mid-range jump shots, rarely the post feed. I think that there will be a winner by a mark of at least 10 maybe even 15 or 20 but im not too sure which team that will be. like i said it will depend on which team can match up against the other. For Goodpasture, they will need to hold down the shooting of LA, but for LA, it will all depend on if they can even stop the scoring of GP

Wow!! Isn't this great! Two great teams in a do or die game. This is what tournament time is all about. It is just to bad that it is in the first round. Can someone tell me what happened in the district tournament with Goodpasture. Being number one and not winning either the semis or the consolation. Was it bad play on their part or just really good play on the other teams? Was there bad officiating or injuries involved? I was just wondering. I think this will be a nail biter for both teams with two totally different gameplans offensively but Wildcats remember that Offense wins games but Defense wins championships. Go LA!!!!

Wow!! Isn't this great! Two great teams in a do or die game. This is what tournament time is all about. It is just to bad that it is in the first round. Can someone tell me what happened in the district tournament with Goodpasture. Being number one and not winning either the semis or the consolation. Was it bad play on their part or just really good play on the other teams? Was there bad officiating or injuries involved? I was just wondering. I think this will be a nail biter for both teams with two totally different gameplans offensively but Wildcats remember that Offense wins games but Defense wins championships. Go LA!!!!

That's what I was talking about our defensive pressure all over the court. An up tempo game has to favor the Cats. Will Goodpasture be able to play the whole game at that type of pace ? I'm sure they will try to slow it down in their favor.