Livingston vs. Goodpasture

The General

. Football players should NEVER beat basketball players at their own game. NEVER!

Sorry to tell you we only have 2 footballers on the team.. Wilson Cates and Tyler Livingston.

Cates [ you might have heard of him ] if not you will. Tyler comes off the bench and will provide the muscle down low ..... a hatchet man if you will.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cougars are struggled big time last week in the District tournament. Sloppy ball-handling, shooting, and lousy defense made it easy to see why they finished 4th in the district. Initially, I thought they were done, but after having almost a week to regroup, I think Goodpasture finds themselves in a good situation here (In contrast, an awful situation for Livingston, to have to face a 23-6 [/i]4 seed.) It sounds very cliched, but whoever wants it more--loose balls, rebounds, hustle plays, charges drawn, etc.--is going to take this one. Goodpasture has occasional lapses in the hustle department when things aren't going their way, so they need to stay focused and I dont think Livingston--or many other teams--will be able to stop that three-headed attack. CJ Davis can score on anybody, Zack Frey, when hot, could hit fade-away jumpers from the the next county, and Chris Buchanan--who I have said all year is their best player/X-factor--is an absolute monster on the boards. With about 15-18 from the Brady/Nipps/Batson trio, the Cougars will win handily.

Sorry to tell you LA lives and dies by hustle loose balls and doing all the little things that turns into big things. I will really be surprised if Goodpasture can out hustle LA and scrap for the loose balls. B/c we have so much quickness not 1 or 2 players but even Monday - Ruble and Stover will be quicker than your big men. Talk about an x-factor Dunn and Tyler Smith will blow by any of your guards and that's a fact.

Now we all know that you have to put the ball in the hoop to win. And if Matthews is on Dunn is on and Smith hitting those 3's it could get ugly for Goodpasture.

Seems like the awful situation you talk about could be just as bad for Goodpasture. Your catching the best team in our district that beat the others anywhere from 15 to 40 pts. I guarantee you LA won't be an easy win for Goodpasture like some of you would like to think.

Sorry to tell you LA lives and dies by hustle loose balls and doing all the little things that turns into big things. I will really be surprised if Goodpasture can out hustle LA and scrap for the loose balls. B/c we have so much quickness not 1 or 2 players but even Monday - Ruble and Stover will be quicker than your big men. Talk about an x-factor Dunn and Tyler Smith will blow by any of your guards and that's a fact.

Now we all know that you have to put the ball in the hoop to win. And if Matthews is on Dunn is on and Smith hitting those 3's it could get ugly for Goodpasture.

Seems like the awful situation you talk about could be just as bad for Goodpasture. Your catching the best team in our district that beat the others anywhere from 15 to 40 pts. I guarantee you LA won't be an easy win for Goodpasture like some of you would like to think.

Hey Tree, we are in trouble. You will find out about it later. :thumb:

Sorry to tell you we only have 2 footballers on the team.. Wilson Cates and Tyler Livingston.

Cates [ you might have heard of him ] if not you will. Tyler comes off the bench and will provide the muscle down low ..... a hatchet man if you will.

This is the trouble he was talking about..

Wilson Cates is very ill and will not be playing in the game today. What are the odds of that. He got sick last year as well. Oh well. LA will need a HUGE game from their freshman Chase Dunn. If Cates doesn't play, I still don't want to hear ANY excuses on how this game turns out from the LA fans..

I change my prediction..

I say LA wins by 1. (a last second shot attempt fails for Goodpasture)

Edited by The General

Wilson Cates is very ill and will not be playing in the game today. What are the odds of that. He got sick last year as well. Oh well. LA will need a HUGE game from their freshman Chase Dunn. If Cates doesn't play, I still don't want to hear ANY excuses on how this game turns out from the LA fans..

I change my prediction..

Come on coach that is nothing to joke about.

That's terrible...and funny at the same time. Terrible because that kid is a warrior, as I saw on TV when they played football in M'boro. Funny because the guy who said 'we're in trouble' acts like the game was dependent solely on Cates. It takes five (and even 8 sometimes :ph34r: ) to compete and win. I really hate for anyone to get sick, especially when there's a game to be played of this magnitude (I'll bet he feels even worse because he's such a competitor).

I hope it's nothing serious and that he get's better. Also, good luck to the rest of the team. They're gonna need it, unless Goodpasture just plays terrible.

Livingston will not have an answer for Frey, Davis or Buchanan.

Sorry boys but the glass basketball shoe will not fit.

Just enjoy your glass cleats!

You don't have a clue...but you will after tonight

Glass Cleats??....Jealousy rears its ugly head once again!!

Edited by 02Wildcat

I change my prediction..

whats wrong with wilson ? hate to hear that he won't be playing. it must be bad because he would be there playing if he could.