Region Tournament @ Temple

Football Fan1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Grace fan I am scared too death about the CSAS game. Grace needed an extremely hot Davis Eldridge (I think he made 7 3's ) last time they played CSAS to beat them. Defensively, if Grace was ever going to play zone, this would be the time to do it. CSAS has several quick guards who can drive around the Grace defenders and in doing so also get Grace in foul trouble. If I was coaching Grace I would come out in a zone, make CSAS hit the outside shot, and go from there. If CSAS starts making the outside shot, then jump back in man.

As a Grace fan I am scared too about the CSAS game. Grace needed an extremely hot Davis Eldridge (I think he made 7 3's ) last time they played CSAS to beat them. Defensively, if Grace was ever going to play zone, this would be the time to do it. CSAS has several quick guards who can drive around the Grace defenders and in doing so also get Grace in foul trouble. If I was coaching Grace I would come out in a zone, make CSAS hit the outside shot, and go from there. If CSAS starts making the outside shot, then jump back in man.

I agree with you...but there is one fault in this reasoning...it will never happen. Grace NEVER plays a zone. They will just not do it. I think they should from time to time, but it wont happen.

Oh, and did i say it will never happen?

You guys are so funny talking about the PAST...In sports the one that only matters is the next one to be played....

Ok well think about it "genius" we shouldn't talk about the past- then what should we talk about- the future- because we all KNOW how the future is going to unfold right?- I think not- if you choose to speak about the future you speak out of pure speculation and ignorance- We know the past- the past is facts- OBVIOUSLY the next game is the most important - everyone involved in sports knows that... but don't act like people who talk about the past are stupid when really it is the people who pontificate about the future who are morons...

South Pittsburg Racked Copper Basin tonight by around 15 points. It wasn't as big of a blowout as I thought, but the officials were pretty rough on us. "The Funky Chicken" was just plain screwed on several calls tonight. It was kind of ridiculous. I am glad they got to "Rack" one more opponent before their season comes to an end on Thursday against "The Racking Beasts" known as Temple.

The final score tonight for SP vs CB was only 62-52. I am not making excuses, but the officiating was terrible. I have never posted on here about officiating, but tonight was a joke. "The Funky Chicken" only scored 8 points tonight. I bet he was fouled at least 8 or 9 times inside on shot attempts and got no call. It was absolutely a gross exhibition. I have a feeling SP has one more game to play this season. My early prediction is us getting "Racked" by 20-25 points. Every good thing must come to an end though. It has been a fun ride with all of the current Rackballers. They have definitely Racked more people than I thought they would this season.

i was at the south pitt/copper basin game tonight (and im a fan of neither team). the officiating really wasnt that bad. maybe one or two bad calls but nothing that significantly changed the outcome of the game. south pitt was up by like 20 at one point, but then started playing sloppy in the fourth quarter. copper basin really came to play tonight. they played w/ alot of heart and wanted it more, while it seemed like sp was just going through the motions. that's the reason it ended up only being a 10 point margin. i think sp will be more fired up for thursdays game against temple. like i said earlier, if we (temple) or grace either one come into thursdays game looking ahead to the championship, there will be no temple grace V. I hope our guys just concentrate on preparing for sp.

Jeswins I am just saying that 2 of the offensive fouls called against "The Funky Chicken" were horrible. I mean they were pretty bad. You are right SP controlled the game, but they didn't play well late. I hope I am wrong, but I personally think we are going to get "Racked" really bad by Temple on Thursday. Your guys know how to play Rackball the way it should be played. They just play the game and win. Tell Coach Wadley not to beat "The Funky Chicken" too bad in his last game for the Pirates.

South Pittsburg Racked Copper Basin tonight by around 15 points. It wasn't as big of a blowout as I thought, but the officials were pretty rough on us. "The Funky Chicken" was just plain screwed on several calls tonight. It was kind of ridiculous. I am glad they got to "Rack" one more opponent before their season comes to an end on Thursday against "The Racking Beasts" known as Temple.

So you are just so totally sure the season will be over on Thursday. Well I guess that's your opinion.

Ok well think about it "genius" we shouldn't talk about the past- then what should we talk about- the future- because we all KNOW how the future is going to unfold right?- I think not- if you choose to speak about the future you speak out of pure speculation and ignorance- We know the past- the past is facts- OBVIOUSLY the next game is the most important - everyone involved in sports knows that... but don't act like people who talk about the past are stupid when really it is the people who pontificate about the future who are morons...

dont worry about it, only reason the grace people dont want to talk about the past is because then they have nothing to talk about in that rivalry because temple has completely owned them for years...oh well just let them worry about losing to temple either 1 or 2 more times this year

i remember one offensive foul called on robinson that was questionable. the other bad call i thought was the technical on 32 for hanging on the rim after the dunk. i didnt think he hung on the rim but was just trying to make sure he didn't land on someone. anyway, the win is all that matters. good luck to both teams thursday.