REGION 3AA

abc123kid

:thumb: How do yall think this tournament will come down.. this might be an fun tournament to watch.. and some upsets to be made...

Round 1

D5 #1 McMinn Central- D6 #4Sequatchie (I take McMinn)

D6 #2 East Ridge- D5 #3 Polk County (East Ridge)

D6 #1 Howard- D5 #4 Tyner (going with the upset Tyner)

D5 #2 Brainerd- D6 #3 CCS (Brainerd)

So how is this going to unfold.... please post prediction, and who you think will come out with the CHAMPIONSHIP?

Why did they change it all the way to Sequatchie from Chatt State !!! CRAZZZZZYYY

Edited by abc123kid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was originally supposed to be held at Cleveland State, but supposedly, a group of administrators from Sequatchie County High School had a problem with it being there, so it got moved there to shut them up...why the Region Director gave into this though, I have no clue...Sequatchie County is in the middle of no where...best location to make everybody happy would've been Chatt. State cuz even Cleveland State is a ways to drive...for those who are lucky enough to get the Region Championship, Region 4 is really down this year (from what I read) and it appears almost any team in this region can compete with any team in their region...the second best team, unless I read wrong, is 13-15, which is Greenbrier and the best team is 23-6 and that is Livingston Academy...

Edited by BluNWhiteH8Tribe

i understand that also, but now every one else can see how the valley teams feel every year. At least once every 10 years ain't so bad is it???

LOL, you're right...this will be good for the Region director to see how bad things are for the valley teams and maybe he/she can find a way to correct it to make everybody happy...gosh, as long as it isn't at Hiwassee anymore, things are cool...thats way too far for people from chatt and the valley to drive...

I will agree to that!!! Thanks for being understanding, now if the rest of the chatt schools would accept the valley teams as partners in this district and region instead of looking down at them as step-children maybe we could all work together to make this region one of the top three in the state.

Edited by Courtside

Well, I just think that if we're gonna have it somewhere, it needs to be an equal drive for everybody...Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of it being at Cleveland State, its very close to me and very convenient...however, its about a 2 hour drive for Grundy people and probably close to an hour for valley people...have it in Chatt, and its about a 45 minute drive for everybody...

Well, I just think that if we're gonna have it somewhere, it needs to be an equal drive for everybody...Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of it being at Cleveland State, its very close to me and very convenient...however, its about a 2 hour drive for Grundy people and probably close to an hour for valley people...have it in Chatt, and its about a 45 minute drive for everybody...

I agree that they should have it at Chatt State b/c it is an equal drive.. and not to hate on Sequatchie b/c I have respect for them, have you seen there gym it isnt that great eathier.. orange light, its really hot... but I think the most convenient place for everyone would be chatt state and it would also earn money for the college to wouldnt it????

It was originally supposed to be held at Cleveland State, but supposedly, a group of administrators from Sequatchie County High School had a problem with it being there, so it got moved there to shut them up...why the Region Director gave into this though, I have no clue...Sequatchie County is in the middle of no where...best location to make everybody happy would've been Chatt. State cuz even Cleveland State is a ways to drive...for those who are lucky enough to get the Region Championship, Region 4 is really down this year (from what I read) and it appears almost any team in this region can compete with any team in their region...the second best team, unless I read wrong, is 13-15, which is Greenbrier and the best team is 23-6 and that is Livingston Academy...

Region 4AA isn't as good as it was last year...both of it's sub-state teams went to the state semi-finals (MLK and Lipscomb), but there are still some good teams in this region. Record wise, Goodpasture is probably the best at about 23-5 or something with Livingston close behind, Livingston just plays an easy schedule, they are the only tough team in their district and they ran away from the other teams in their district. The other district, 8AA, has four good teams that are all equal to Livingston (Greenbrier, Goodpasture, White House, and Station Camp). You probably saw that Greenbrier won the district tournament and assumed they were the second best team in the region. Greenbrier went into the district tournament #4 seed and upset #1 Goodpasture and #2 Station Camp which just proves how even all four teams are. Based on records, region 4AA probably goes Goodpasture, Livingston, Station Camp, White House, Greenbrier. But actually all five of these teams are good. I don't know anything about the teams in region 3AA but they all seem pretty good so 4AA will definitely have to play good in the substate games if they want to advance.