Region 2 a

knight2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to take this off-topic again. But please don't let the actions of a few players and parents reflect on the entire Cosby Lady Eagle program.

I wasn't at the game but I bet I could name all of the ones who were acting out of line. The younger classes are full of talent and hard working girls with class.

Hopefully next year the coaches can get things back on track on and off the court.

Good luck to the Lady Indians the rest of the season.

Thank you for sayin that because I am just a sophomore and I was embarassed to be wearing my uniform at the end of the game because of the way some of my older teammates acted.

Edited by sportsmaniac1017

Thank You, SportsManiac. I was gathering some tension among teammates after the game and felt that "embarassment" was evident from some of you. Don't reflect on it, a few spoiled apples doesn't ruin the whole barrel. In fact, I was impressed with some of the young players that got some garbage time late. Peace out!

:ph34r: Kaz ;)

Sorry to take this off-topic again. But please don't let the actions of a few players and parents reflect on the entire Cosby Lady Eagle program.

I wasn't at the game but I bet I could name all of the ones who were acting out of line. The younger classes are full of talent and hard working girls with class.

Hopefully next year the coaches can get things back on track on and off the court.

Good luck to the Lady Indians the rest of the season.

Just a bad season for them on and off the court.

I think things started to go downhill after a few of them quit and were allowed to come back.

But - there is some potential on the team if they dont let the absence of senior leadership on this team affect them.

Lindsey Hall and Whitney Hartsell are a good nucleus to work off of the next two years. Add two years of Macie Webb - if they can reign her range in just a bit and play a bit more disciplined offense, and the team can regroup.

However, they play in a murders row of a region.

This was addressed at the region meeting where it was "agreed" that Oneida would sit on the home bench. However, the Cosby coach changed his mind and called Oneida Monday morning to request that his team be allowed to wear the home unis and sit on the home bench. So, the "bad taste" comment would change now that you are more informed, correct ?

On the second point, I recommend the Hampton Inn. We stayed there last year and many times before.

Just an observation, but at the District 2-AAA tourney last week in the finals of the girls tournament, host Greeneville was the #2 team and Morristown West was the #1 seed.

Greeneville wore the road uniforms and sat on the home bench.

Morristown West wore their home whites, sat on the away bench and was the home team on the scoreboard.

Will this game take to much out of the winner? :( Will Greenback or Coalfield be a much fresher team for Thursday game.

I'm sure Coalfield/Greenback will be every bit the dog fight that the second game of the evening will be. :(

Faith+1 once again shows his ignorance Re: the situation of the student section and the benches. I'm sure Oneida would've gladly traded benches and worn the home whites last night. Unfortunately, Cosby saw it differently. That's fine, because not only did it fire up the Oneida players and give them extra incentive to take it to Cosby, but it put the students in a situation where they could actually become a factor, which they obviously did, getting under the skin of several of the players and taking their attention off the court.

Anywho . . . I know I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. If I were being honest, I'll repeat what I said earlier in the week: I think Oliver Springs wins this one. But I'll gladly admit that I'm an ignorant fool who don't know nothing if Oneida pulls it out. :D