Humboldt vs. Union City @ Trenton

benwoodsuc

Humboldt wins this one 86-83...feel free to look back at my previous posts where I said Humboldt would win 84-82...I'm going to Vegas!...LOL, but anyways, about the game...well, first off...no one got "racked'...whatever idiots posted that need to be banned from their computer for a year but anyways...This game was exciting from the tip...both crowds were on their feet and the enviroment was crazy...Humboldt won the tip and Smith comes down and knocks down a 3 to start things off...they went back and forth ALL night...Humboldt was able to hold a steady lead but at the end of the 3rd it was 59-59...In the fourth, UC was able to grab a slim lead only to see the Vikings get it right back...Smith had a lot of big shots and free throws at the end which was the difference...as the clock hit 0, fans stormed the court and everything was crazy...As for stats...unofficially for Humboldt, Smith had 29 and I haven't heard any on the rest...maybe JWHumboldt can give you that info...as for UC...Weddle had his best game of the year with 46 I believe...that's the number I heard...but, it just wasn't enough in the end...Humboldt plays at home against Middle College which will be a great game, and UC goes to Middleton where UC is going to really have to bring it to get out of there with a win...anyways, good luck to everybody playing on sub-state... :thumb:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deja Vu all over again.

A team that Lake County beat 3 times wins the region and could easily win it all.

I think I must be cursed -- check out my last 7 days:

Fri. 2/24 -- Georgia Tech 8, Tennessee 5 (baseball)

Sat. 2/25 -- Arkansas 73, Tennessee 69 (men's hoops)

Sun. 2/26 -- Florida 95, Tennessee 93, OT (women's hoops)

Mon. 2/27 -- Union City 66, Lake County 63 (boys)

Tues. 2/28 -- Greenfield 47, Lake County 46 (girls)

Wed. 3/1 -- Kentucky 80, Tennessee 78 (men's hoops)

Thurs. 3/2 -- Mets 12, Cardinals 7 (only an exhibition, but still....)

Thank goodness for UT baseball against some mid-major schmuck tomorrow....

Deja Vu all over again.

A team that Lake County beat 3 times wins the region and could easily win it all.

I think I must be cursed -- check out my last 7 days:

Fri. 2/24 -- Georgia Tech 8, Tennessee 5 (baseball)

Sat. 2/25 -- Arkansas 73, Tennessee 69 (men's hoops)

Sun. 2/26 -- Florida 95, Tennessee 93, OT (women's hoops)

Mon. 2/27 -- Union City 66, Lake County 63 (boys)

Tues. 2/28 -- Greenfield 47, Lake County 46 (girls)

Wed. 3/1 -- Kentucky 80, Tennessee 78 (men's hoops)

Thurs. 3/2 -- Mets 12, Cardinals 7 (only an exhibition, but still....)

Thank goodness for UT baseball against some mid-major schmuck tomorrow....

Your exactly right Wes. I don't know how much more I can take. We have had some heart breakers this past week! The only thing to make this even a little bit better is if our girls win sub-state and advance on to sub-state!

Who was region MVP???

Duh! Everyone knows that the regional tourney MVP at trenton was, you guessed it TALL ABOUT 6'5'', WHITE, BALD AND CARRIES A WHISTLE IN HIS MOUTH THAT GOES OFF VERY, VERY, VERRRRRY FREQUENTLY FOR UNKNOWN REASONS WITH BOTH TEAMS LOOKING AROUND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IN THE HADES IS GOIN ON. No joke this man affected the game more than any other individual on the court. He was impartial but definitely affected the game!

CC

Halls - DeMarcus Patrick and the point guard (don't know his name)

Lake Co - Tony Tyler, Geanes, and Sep Valentine

McKenzie - One guy...maybe Beau Brown?

UC - Xavier Robinson, MJ Brown, Marquise Weddle

Humboldt - Derek Sain, Kelsey Rose, Toylon Smith

No Region MVP was named...

Coach of the Year - Coach Whitby of Lake Co.

If I have any mistakes or if I've left anyone out...then fill me in...

Officiating was very sub-par in the tournament but if you think about all the pressure on every call...you're likely to make mistakes...for instance...the bald, black ref from last night's Humboldt - UC game made questionable calls all night...it seemed like he made a lot of bad calls against Humboldt but it was pretty bad both ways...both teams were in the double-bonus by the start of the fourth...Humboldt had 2 guys foul out and 2 more with 4 fouls...UC had one guy foul out, and atleast one guy with 4, maybe more...Officials should let the players play and decide the outcome of the game instead of the guys in the striped shirts...