8AAA In Review

ladynred

Well, it seems that 8AAA was down this year. If I read the results correctly only one team (Shelbyville) advances on to the second round of the region. Here are my conclusions on the season:

1.Shelbyville can win until somone can press their guards!

2.Columbia did well considering losing their post to Shelbyville.

3. Franklin Co. Coach Wild did wonders with the talent he had! Congrats!

4. Lincoln Co. can't figure this group out, I thought they could contend for district.

5. Lawrence Co. too much turmoil and lost players! Will their coach be back?

6. Coffee Co. seems the "System" only works west of the Mississippi! Oh well!

7. Tullahoma might improve if Coach gets support and more players!

Just a lady's thoughts on the season! Any predictions on coach changes or shuffles for next year? I hope everyone has a great off-season! :unsure:

Well, it seems that 8AAA was down this year. If I read the results correctly only one team (Shelbyville) advances on to the second round of the region. Here are my conclusions on the season:

3. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> Coach Wild did wonders with the talent he had! Congrats!

4. Lincoln Co. can't figure this group out, I thought they could contend for district.

Just a lady's thoughts on the season! Any predictions on coach changes or shuffles for next year? I hope everyone has a great off-season! :thumb:

1 shelbyville: the injuries hurt them early on but they still did great with what they had losing armstrong won't hurt them because they still have alex jarrell plus they have a 8th grader who can come in and give shelbyville 20-25 points agame

2 columbia: went has far has ross could take them now their headed in a downward spiral

3 lawrence co: i think they did great they had a young athletic team if everyone would shutup and let muckle do his job they might actually do something

4 coffee co: killed weak teams and ran their mouths that their so great but struggled against good teams

5 franklin co: youth and inexperience but they will be better next year

6 lincoln co: dr jeckel and mr hyde or the opposite of coffee co expept they keeped their mouths shut

7 tullahoma: coach galloway had the support she needs she finally got them to stop turning the ball over at the end season but more girls are getting away from soccer and playing basketball

shelbyville and tullahoma had the best 2 middle school team

ladynred, 8AAA has been a 'ride' this year...no team in this district was or is unbeatable. that was proven several times this season. Surprisingly, Shelbyville is the only team to advance to the second round of region. I don't know if your conclusions were numerically based or if there was no order whatsoever, but Lawrence County finished above Franklin Co and Lincoln Co - actually 3rd place in the district tournament.

Here are my conclusions on the 2005-2006 season: - the numerical order is just how the first 4 finished in tournaments -

1. Shelbyville: this team definitely has talent, but they are also very beatable...the only team still playin from 8AAA

2. Columbia: great team with a great coach - won some big games, but also lost some heartbreakers

3. Lawrence County: in november, a lot of people had huge doubts about this group of girls, but they've surprised a lot of those same people with wins over some very talented teams...unfortunately, they lost some games they definitely should have won - this group has dealt with everything this season of adversity has thrown at them and i couldn't be more proud of the way they've handled it all! Congratulations, ladies! :thumb: Can't wait to see yall in 2006-2007! - should be exciting, as LC only graduates one senior

4. Coffee County: the 'system' just couldn't keep their post-season hopes running strong

5. Franklin County: Coach Wild did a great job working with these ladies - definitely the most improved team in the district!

6. Lincoln County: during preseason and at the beginning of season, a lot of people had this group picked for the best team in 8AAA...definitely the biggest surprise team - but they still had a big win against shelbyville

7. Tullahoma: the coach seems very confident and handles the team well; i believe more improvement will follow if the girls share her attitude

With the exception of Shelbyville, 2005-2006 basketball has ended for the 8AAA teams. I'm looking forward to a great off-season and pre-season 2006-2007! :D

3. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> Coach Wild did wonders with the talent he had! Congrats!

Just a lady's thoughts on the season! Any predictions on coach changes or shuffles for next year? I hope everyone has a great off-season! :thumb:

Well ladynred, our season as is yours is over. The day after is always a big downer for me, but with AAU and Summer Camps, it will not be long before we can talk of Thanksgiving tourneys etc... :)

Predictions ...... yeah I'll give that a try.

(1) Shelbyville solidifies itself as the dominate power of 8AAA once again.

(2) Columbia will struggle to hold on to second. They are losing a boat load of talent.

(3) Franklin County could very well be the two team in regular season next year.

(4) Lawrence County ??? Don't know about the coach, but we could be a lot thinner next year than this, even though we have only one senior. We only had one last year and lost 10. If that trend continues, we will have negative numbers in two years :lol: The sausage however, will continue to be great!!! :)

(5) Lincoln County will not play on the road the first round of district tourney next year and will continue to have the best music in the district.

(6) Coffee County .... I don't know enough about what hey have coming back/in to make a call but I do expect them to improve.

(7) Tullahoma is still a few years away from contending, but the steps they are making are the correct ones. I do see light at the end of the tunnel and it is no longer the train coming at them.

(8) I will eat more sausage next year assuming I am still alive. That is the only prediction I have any input into and I plan to make it happen :D

HOOPS TO YA EVERYONE!!!! AAU and Summer Camp are coming (Thank you Lord!!!)

kw

Edited by kwright

In the "Who will win the 8AAA" thread I tried to tell you guys/gals that the district as a whole was down. I think what happened in the region tourney coroborates my thinking. Shelbyville might go into the substate. But, who knows what Shelbyville team will show up from game to game? As far as next year I can't make any predictions on what will happen. I do have a few thoughts on Lawrence Co. Hopefully we will return Bennett (who is primed for a great senior season), Moore(underrated who was really starting to come on at the end of the year), Spann(watch out for this one, if she decides to she can be a district player of the year type), Jones(heady player). The rest of the gang are quite talented as well such as Hill and Robbins. The thing that hurts is that we don't have alot of post players, namely depth. For one reason or the other they aren't here. The freshman who will be sophmores have to come in and be able to play 8AAA basketball. This is a quality group, not quantity yet.

I will go ahead and make the prediction that if the team can stay together we will compete for the District Championship next year. :)

Well I enjoyed the season, I hated losing to white co. on monday but the best team on that night won. The face of the district won't be that much different next year. Everybody is singing Columbia's death knell but don't count them out. All the posts return and guards that got playing time with new talent coming in. May not be in second but will still be good enought to have a say in the matter. Remember we went to the state with a 15-13 team with no experience! go lady lions! see ya next year