Knox Fulton knocked off by Loudon in Region 2AA

brocksterdanza

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudon will now have to face Catholic in the semi-final on Thursday, it will be their fourth meeting this year and Catholic is 3-0. The fourth game will be the third one at Loudon but all have been hard fought games. The winner of this game will play either AE or Alcoa from the other semi-final. This means a District 3 team vs. a district 4 team in the Region Championship for the first time in a while. AC gave Alcoa a scare, losing in OT, as Brandon Wright hit a buzzer beater in regulation to tie it. AE ran over Kingston. Catholic's game was fairly close and they won largely because of a 13-2 Third Quarter.Any predictions on the games ahead?

Hats off to Coach Wells and his team... They showed the heart of a lion tonite... never gave up and hit clutch free-throws... and if u weren't there, the "D" for Loudon was OUTSTANDING in the final min.s...Great Game Loudon!!!

How was the fan support? It sounded really loud on the radio!! Was the Redskin Nation in full force? Good luck Redskins, we are proud of you! GO SKINS!!

The nation was in full force. The crowed could have been better if it hadn't been such an early start. The Redskins played great and I think that 20-2 run in the first half after Fulton had jumped out to the big lead just blew their minds. The funniest thing of the night happened at the end of the Catholic game. One of the guys from the nation was having some fun with the Catholic cheering section late in the game. One of the Catholic players shot a free throw and turned to the guy from the nation and said something that got him a "T". Man was the Catholic coach mad. Loudon has had a lead on Catholic all three game only to fade late in the game. I think they will be ready to play the full game this time. Also don't forget the Lady's game tonight. The "YOUNG GUNS" as i call them are fun to watch.

The nation was in full force. The crowed could have been better if it hadn't been such an early start. The Redskins played great and I think that 20-2 run in the first half after Fulton had jumped out to the big lead just blew their minds. The funniest thing of the night happened at the end of the Catholic game. One of the guys from the nation was having some fun with the Catholic cheering section late in the game. One of the Catholic players shot a free throw and turned to the guy from the nation and said something that got him a "T". Man was the Catholic coach mad. Loudon has had a lead on Catholic all three game only to fade late in the game. I think they will be ready to play the full game this time. Also don't forget the Lady's game tonight. The "YOUNG GUNS" as i call them are fun to watch.

It was a good game, on an earlier thread I pick Loudon to beat Fulton. I don't think it should be classified as an upset either. Game number 4 should be intense to say the least. Catholic has won their previous games by 1, 8 and 15. At tournament time you can throw all the records out the window. Speaking of the technical foul. How is it Brandon Warren can flex his muscles at the Anderson County fans and players and have nothing said, and Walden does a shooting motion at a Loudon fan and get a technical. The refs at the Seymour game were horrible.

Edited by ScottA11

sorry to say fellows but I think its going to be Cat vs AE in the finals.... Most of the players on AE's team want to revenge a football lost to Cat on the hardward. So I'm picking these two in the 'ship..

GO AE!!

I some how doubt the basketball team wants revenge for football since most of their key basketball players don't play football. Talk about a contrast in styles, Catholic vs. AE could be quite interesting BUT both teams have to handle their business with each having a 4th game vs. a tough district opponent. KCHS has it worse than AE because they play at Loudon.