Sullivan Central wins over Jeff County

the authority

Well it didn't quite turn out as i had hoped but it was a win. The refs were horrible, Buchanan, Hess, and McCoy got beat up inside and nothing was ever called. Phil had 9 3-pointers, but an ok defensive night and no offense but his passing was bad. All season long we have done very well by working the ball into our post players, but tonight it was like they didn't exist. Hess, Buchanan, McCoy, and Dinkle all made some very nice passes tonight and had alot of assists from what i could tell. It will be a tough game on Thursday against DB, we will have to play as a team like we did against Science Hill. There can be no ball hogging and there can be no careless mistakes, we have to move the ball and work it inside or work for the high percentage shots because there will be no freebies on Thursday. i know we can win, DB is a good team but when we play together we are a much better team than they are. Tonight are problems were ball movement and careless mistakes. But we did play a pretty good game. I wish the Cougars the best of luck in the tournament, i will be there to support you all. so put those indians in a tee pee and burn them. Go Cougars!!! :thumb:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it didn't quite turn out as i had hoped but it was a win. The refs were horrible, Buchanan, Hess, and McCoy got beat up inside and nothing was ever called. Phil had 9 3-pointers, but an ok defensive night and no offense but his passing was bad. All season long we have done very well by working the ball into our post players, but tonight it was like they didn't exist. Hess, Buchanan, McCoy, and Dinkle all made some very nice passes tonight and had alot of assists from what i could tell. It will be a tough game on Thursday against DB, we will have to play as a team like we did against Science Hill. There can be no ball hogging and there can be no careless mistakes, we have to move the ball and work it inside or work for the high percentage shots because there will be no freebies on Thursday. i know we can win, DB is a good team but when we play together we are a much better team than they are. Tonight are problems were ball movement and careless mistakes. But we did play a pretty good game. I wish the Cougars the best of luck in the tournament, i will be there to support you all. so put those indians in a tee pee and burn them. Go Cougars!!! :thumb:

No what was horrible was central's defense. It was an absolute joke. How do you give up 70 points to a team that has won four games all year? You can say the refs but they dont make that much of a margin. All central is worried about is getting the ball back so they can go down the court and jack another three. Central does shoot well but good luck against a team that plays defense and will tempo them, cause they haven t seen one all year.

No what was horrible was central's defense. It was an absolute joke. How do you give up 70 points to a team that has won four games all year? You can say the refs but they dont make that much of a margin. All central is worried about is getting the ball back so they can go down the court and jack another three. Central does shoot well but good luck against a team that plays defense and will tempo them, cause they haven t seen one all year.

The defense wasn't good but it wasn't too bad. one of the big things tonight was rebounding, we gave up alot of them. And we will have to work the ball alot better on Thursday, because Weatherford is a good shooter, but not when he is under pressure. But i think we will pull out the win. Go Cougars!

I could have told you that. Central loves to score. During the summer the varsity squad split into 2 teams and played in a tournament...when they played the score was like 105-108. Coach Vaughn wants to push the ball and make the other team have to score everytime, which can happen since Central gets sloppy on defense sometimes.

High scoring, close games is Cougar Basketball.

I could have told you that. Central loves to score. During the summer the varsity squad split into 2 teams and played in a tournament...when they played the score was like 105-108. Coach Vaughn wants to push the ball and make the other team have to score everytime, which can happen since Central gets sloppy on defense sometimes.

high scoring is good, but our defense helps out. we are a very good defensive team.

But the saying goes in Basketball 101 "Offense wins games Defense wins Championiships.

If you will read www.tricitiessports.com, Jeff. Co. Coach said that they had not shot like that all season long. Hopefully, now that all the teams from Region 2 are gone besides Greeneville there won't be any homecooking. Maybe Gabe will get a call when he gets hammered by 2 guys while trying to go up.

i think the girls tourney is being called the same way...not any different for just SC. Pretty ruff and tumble

I think this kind of officiating is prevalent this season state-wide. Just read some posts from other areas and you see the same complaints... too much physical play allowed. I am wondering what reason TSSAA could possibly have for tolerating this.